ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson DT Christian Wilkins is returning & their entire DL..

Something really seems amiss with all those guys coming back. It makes no sense that all of them would turn down the draft and the millions they would get.

Well, it makes a little sense. The NFL will still be there, they probably purchased a sweet insurance policy, and, perhaps, getting that degree is important.

Bryce Love Who finished 2nd in the Heisman is also returning to Stanford...equally shocking especially since he is a RB....

Stanford received huge news for its 2018 outlook early Tuesday morning with Bryce Love reportedly turning down the NFL Draft in favor of returning to school for his senior season.

"Bryce will return for his senior year," his father, Chris, texted to The San Francisco Chronicle.

Love's decision was the last notable one for underclassmen eligible to declare by the Jan. 15 deadline. The star running back was slotted as a top-30 prospect on CBS Sports and the No. 3 overall running back in the class after rushing for 2,118 yards (No. 2 in the nation) at 8.1 yards per carry (best mark in FBS history) and finishing as the runner-up in the Heisman Trophy voting.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-nfl-draft-heisman-runner-up-bryce-love-returning-to-stanford-for-senior-year/

Well, it makes a little sense. The NFL will still be there, they probably purchased a sweet insurance policy, and, perhaps, getting that degree is important.

The future value of a couple million dollars is pretty substantial. If you lose out on one season of paid football, you are losing a lot of money. These guys have a finite amount of time to play and in my opinion it makes sense to maximize your earning potential. It certainly far outweighs the benefit a degree will have.

They can always go back after their NFL careers are over and get their degrees. The NFL drafts so many unheard of people...with the 5th pick of the 2nd round of the NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select DT Bear Crap from Oswego College in suburban Fargo ND....I'm guessing they didn't hear what they wanted

Something really seems amiss with all those guys coming back. It makes no sense that all of them would turn down the draft and the millions they would get.

It also makes no sense to say something "seems amiss." It's not like these guys would come back to Clemson for the old "$100 handshake," when they could just go to the NFL and get millions of dollars straight up. If it comes down to anything financial, the NFL wins that battle 100% of the time.

Topdecktiger...did they get back unfulfilling draft projections?

I don't know. Supposedly, Wilkins was projected in the 2nd round. That's the one thing I have seen.

I do know that Mitch Hyatt (starting left tackle) came back, which was also somewhat of surprise, and he came back because of what happened in the Sugar Bowl. It's possible this is what's going with the defensive line as well.

As their fan you got to love them for that! As UL fans, well, sucks for us. Just saw our 2018 schedule, we don't play you until November 3 which I like much better. Hopefully, it will not be as hot as a mid September game

It also makes no sense to say something "seems amiss." It's not like these guys would come back to Clemson for the old "$100 handshake," when they could just go to the NFL and get millions of dollars straight up. If it comes down to anything financial, the NFL wins that battle 100% of the time.

I can’t come up with a rational explanation as to why all those guys would come back. That’s why it seems amiss to me. I’m not saying anything scurrilous is behind this, just that I cannot rationally explain it.

Anyways, I just booked my hotel in Greenville for the game Nov 3. Can’t wait!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT