ADVERTISEMENT

Clarkson?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
I have to say I'm surprised and disappointed we haven't seen Clarkson this season. If he has star potential, one would think he could get some "Wildcard" formations or goaline opportunities for a RPO.

I think Brohm could use a run threat QB as a change up, giving the offense more options. Some zone reads on those short yardage plays.

But it seems to me he must not be the obvious next big thing or he would get some play packages I would think?

Who thinks Brohm will have another tall, dropback QB from the portal to start next season? Or will Clarkson get the chance?

Reactions: JTMPR
I have to say I'm surprised and disappointed we haven't seen Clarkson this season. If he has star potential, one would think he could get some "Wildcard" formations or goaline opportunities for a RPO.

I think Brohm could use a run threat QB as a change up, giving the offense more options. Some zone reads on those short yardage plays.

But it seems to me he must not be the obvious next big thing or he would get some play packages I would think?

Who thinks Brohm will have another tall, dropback QB from the portal to start next season? Or will Clarkson get the chance?
At some point, Brohm is going to have to give chances to the current backups on the team. Sure you want them to earn their starting spots, but it just doesn’t make sense for him to continue to sit Clarkson, Adams and Allen for next season. they all know the system.

Current QB hasn’t justified less minutes. He’s actually pretty good.
It's not about being justified. It's about what helps the team win. In no way am I saying Shough should yield snaps because of his performance. The fact is though he's not fleet of foot and there's times when a RPO can come in handy.

It's more about Clarkson than Shough. He may not be a RPO type QB. He's rarely played so I don't know. I know he's not tall but I really don't have a clue what he does best at quarterbacking.

Which is surprising and disappointing which is what my post was about.

I don't think the team winning has anything to do with QB play. What I see is play calling and defensive scheme. We are starting the game in the hole every time because of preparation. Our team relies on "halftime adjustments". F that. Be prepared before the game starts and stop being so predictable.

This team has had issues that pop up negatively from time to time, our quarterback hasn’t been one of them. Our defense has been our biggest issue.

cannot give the backup snaps if you never have a big enough lead to do so. 1 score games is no time to see if you short, scared back up can play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT