ADVERTISEMENT

CJW & the Technical

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I just listened to the post game show with CJW and I recommend you to google it and listen to it. In regards to the technical he said he was upset about the WF player shooting a 3 pointer and then flopping to get a 4 pointer. He said he was sitting down and said to the referee “ You are really missing a good game and I feel sorry for the kids” and they T’d him up.

I agree with CJW because there were several times last night where WF shot the 3 pointer and flopped. The replay showed the shooters were not fouled. Flopping is supposed to be a technical but they don’t call it. He also said he was upset with the refereeing which I think everyone in the country is. I watch a lot of college basketball and it is bad for everyone.

I see the refs calling anticipation fouls, blowing the whistle before a foul is even committed. He said that if they are making rules to improve the game they need to improve it in all areas ( meaning the refs) which I think we all agree. He also said that we do not have a talent problem that we have plenty of talent

The problem is we aren’t doing the things we should be doing. He said improvements are needed . He also told his players not to get on social media because people post things that are negative and he doesn’t want it to affect them. I agree with him so we need to be careful of what we post. I know in the future I will make an effort to be careful of what I post.

Reactions: 2330859
I heard it live, and it was evident that he was as upset as I can recall; not just at the officiating (he was correct), but the inability for our ladies following the instruction.

Geno at UConn was equally upset at halftime with the officiating and he went off big time. WBB is still the worst officiating of any sport there is.

Unfortunately I think the refs get caught up in the emotion of the game and that plays into the advantage of the home team. They really need to focus on illegal picks, flopping and over the back. Like I have posted before it is really bad when you can get your head knocked off at one end a no call. Then you go on defense and they call you for a touch call. This isn’t only in our games I see it in all the games really bad.

Reactions: Guardman
There is no question the officiating seems to generally favor the home team. The 3 pointer where the WF shooter appeared to have flopped, was an example of where they should have gone to the monitor. While it may not have resulted in a reversal of the call on the floor, it provides the officiating crew with an opportunity to witness whether there really was contact in the first place ...... a teachable moment in an environment where it is easy to "get caught up in the action".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT