ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Would you be happy if he was the next coach?

Should his past legal troubles disqualify him as UofLs next coach?

Would you be happy if he was the next coach?

Should his past legal troubles disqualify him as UofLs next coach?

I’d stop watching Louisville Basketball personally and find a new team. I encourage anyone to read the original police report of when he was arrested. I don’t find it compelling that his wife changed her statement, which got her millionaire husband exonerated and gave him the ability to keep making millions.

Reactions: Whacker
The administration that gave us nice guy KP is probably not going to be making this sort of U turn.

I'm not sure what the hell they are going to do, if anything. My guess is they don't have a plan either. (softball for Zipp to prove I got love for ya Z!)

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I’d stop watching Louisville Basketball personally and find a new team. I encourage anyone to read the original police report of when he was arrested. I don’t find it compelling that his wife changed her statement, which got her millionaire husband exonerated and gave him the ability to keep making millions.
Well they're still married so it must not have been too bad.. A lot of times in the heat of the moment things get exaggerated and after they cool off their stories change. Happens all the time. Of course I wasn't there so I have no idea what the actual truth is..

Well they're still married so it must not have been too bad.. A lot of times in the heat of the moment things get exaggerated and after they cool off their stories change. Happens all the time. Of course I wasn't there so I have no idea what the actual truth is..
I wasn’t there either so I can’t say for sure, I’d just say what if the story is true, is that a risk the University should take? The report of the scene notes that she had bite marks and bruises, that’s what makes it worrying for me.

Last edited:
I'll pass on the abuser. These things usually don't happen just once, our University gets enough bad press as is. There are plenty of good coaches out there that don't have the baggage that he does.

Reactions: gift_pat
I say pass. It's not just because of his past legal troubles for me.
Do you mind saying your reasons? Just curious.
Beard is solid basketball coach. I'm not a fan of his style and approach. I don't see him as the coach of Louisville basketball for different reasons than KP. I think there are some other young and better coaches out there for Louisville to pursue. Shaka Smart or someone similar to him and his style of play I think would fit Louisville basketball better.

Reactions: shadow force
10000% YES

No high level coach is completely clean.

Sports are a form of entertainment and its a business, more so now than ever. Some of you all act like we are asking him to lead a non profit organization.

I think there are 4 coaches that make the most sense.

Tang-$6 mil buyout
Beard-
Moser-$6 mil buyout
May-$1.5 mil buyout

I would go with the Moser. Has won at schools that don’t recruit at a high level. He is a good basketball coach.

Beard is legit but not sure they would go that route

Tang has the personality and wouldn’t back down to UK. Need to see more out of him though. He had two NBA guys last year.

May is the wildcard because he has some dudes and they stuck around. Not sure he can duplicate at Louisville. Fun style style though.

Follow the money May is the most realistic option. I do think the business downtown may be willing to pitch in. Not sure how Louisville sucking has hurt their businesses.

Last edited:
I will take anyone. A-N-Y-O-N-E! Wife beaters, come on down. Anyone but KP.
On the rivals basketball board I was basically called a racist by Beasleycard. Even though he’s 8-34, Beasley said that I don’t want him as a coach because of the color of his skin. There are several coaches that aren’t white that I would definitely like to be our coach.

Agree about firing KP, but the replacement hire is even more critical than terminating Payne.

I am not sure this University has the leadership in place to make the best selection. In truth, look at the sitting President and the members of the BoT of this University, and tell me if you have confidence they can even identify the best candidates?

My one contribution to this thread, is that any conversation about the future of the next UL Head Coach should begin with identifying who within this University actually makes the Selection? Just from what I can see, it will not be our AD, as I fear it will follow along the same lines that brought KP, a candidate without having any previous HC experience.

Some can bemoan Tom Jurich for hiring Rick Pitino, but it was an example of courage and leadership to pursue the very best candidate at a time when it was equally unpopular to replace Denny. It was no coincidence that Dr Ramsey was pushed out as President of this University, which ultimately left TJ on an island, and vulnerable to a restructured BoT that had no real deep affection for UL.

I am not “living in the past”, but I am using the historical events of the past as evidence of how little chance this Administration has in getting our BB Program back to where it was before.

Leadership starts at the very top; President, BoT and the AD. Someone tell me who they see leading this process, and I will show you why it will fail once again.

On the rivals basketball board I was basically called a racist by Beasleycard. Even though he’s 8-34, Beasley said that I don’t want him as a coach because of the color of his skin. There are several coaches that aren’t white that I would definitely like to be our coach.
I’d tell Beasley to SAD. Next coach can come from any background, be of any race, any creed. Don’t really care. I care about getting KP the **** out of here.

I agree with you 233 I don’t trust our administration to do what is best for Louisville. Do we still sUcK alumnus on the Board or in the administration? If so that should tell you we are in for a long road of disappointment .

Just from what I can see, it will not be our AD, as I fear it will follow along the same lines that brought KP, a candidate without having any previous HC experience.
The people that I know, that know Josh Heird have full confidence that he can get it done. I'm not one of these conspiracy theorists that thinks the President and BOT are out to get "us" I mean if they were why did they allow Jeff Brohm to be hired..

Agree about firing KP, but the replacement hire is even more critical than terminating Payne.

I am not sure this University has the leadership in place to make the best selection. In truth, look at the sitting President and the members of the BoT of this University, and tell me if you have confidence they can even identify the best candidates?

My one contribution to this thread, is that any conversation about the future of the next UL Head Coach should begin with identifying who within this University actually makes the Selection? Just from what I can see, it will not be our AD, as I fear it will follow along the same lines that brought KP, a candidate without having any previous HC experience.

Some can bemoan Tom Jurich for hiring Rick Pitino, but it was an example of courage and leadership to pursue the very best candidate at a time when it was equally unpopular to replace Denny. It was no coincidence that Dr Ramsey was pushed out as President of this University, which ultimately left TJ on an island, and vulnerable to a restructured BoT that had no real deep affection for UL.

I am not “living in the past”, but I am using the historical events of the past as evidence of how little chance this Administration has in getting our BB Program back to where it was before.

Leadership starts at the very top; President, BoT and the AD. Someone tell me who they see leading this process, and I will show you why it will fail once again.
Bingo ! Excellent post my man 👍

I think there are 4 coaches that make the most sense.

Tang-$6 mil buyout
Beard-
Moser-$6 mil buyout
May-$1.5 mil buyout

I would go with the Moser. Has won at schools that don’t recruit at a high level. He is a good basketball coach.

Beard is legit but not sure they would go that route

Tang has the personality and wouldn’t back down to UK. Need to see more out of him though. He had two NBA guys last year.

May is the wildcard because he has some dudes and they stuck around. Not sure he can duplicate at Louisville. Fun style style though.

Follow the money May is the most realistic option. I do think the business downtown may be willing to pitch in. Not sure how Louisville sucking has hurt their businesses.
Those are 4 legit coaches and yet they all have a smaller buyout than KP. I do not understand what Heird was thinking with that contract. What freaking leverage did KP have? He had never been a HC before and no P5 school would have taken him any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT