ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Strong now has the highest winning % of any UofL football coach.

Charlie can build a program. He did it at Louisville, he's doing it at USF. He could have done it at Texas but the JR Ewing types meddled too much and wouldn't let Charlie be Charlie. I'm still pissed off at Texas over that and I'm disappointed that Texas is winning now. I root against every week since they fired Charlie.

Reactions: wilkie01
I wanted Strong over Kragdud back in 2007.

Strong's success on the field along with Jurich working behind the scenes got UofL into the ACC.

If only he had stayed here 10 yrs before moving on. I dont blame him for going to Texas even though most of us knew he wouldn't be given the patience to establish his program.

He should get one more shot at a P5 school.

Last edited:
I want Jeff Brohm first and last to replace coach Petrino, BUT if that can't or doesn't happen, Charlie Strong would be a good consolation.

No more retreads
I don't consider CCS a retread. UofL was his very first head coaching job then Texas which overwhelmed him. Now he's at USF doing a solid job.

Petrino before UofL?

1983 Carroll (MT) (GA)
1984 Weber State (GA)
1985–1986 Carroll (MT) (OC)
1987–1988 Weber State (WR/TE)
1989 Idaho (QB)
1990–1991 Idaho (OC)
1992–1993 Arizona State (QB)
1994 Nevada (OC/QB)
1995–1997 Utah State (OC)
1998 Louisville (OC)
1999–2000 Jacksonville Jaguars (QB)
2001 Jacksonville Jaguars (OC)
2002 Auburn (OC

He had NFL aspirations when he left UofL the first time. He then left again for the NFL after the second time.

Coach Strong is a college football coach. He would be a nice consolation prize if we can't get Jeff Brohm.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Strong hated it here plus he is 58. Go get someone young like brohm and yes strong is a retread bc he coached here 4 years. Just like P is a retread. When i sayretread i mean a louisville retread. Meaning i dont want another HC that was a HC at louisville before.

Guys coaching at USF is a totally different animal than coaching at UofL now. The ACC is head and shoulders above the AAC. If, and I’m saying a big IF, CCS were to come back here he’d have to hire one helluva OC because he knows very little about that side of the ball. Kind of the reverse of Bobby Petrino. And his lack of offensive coaching skills is part of what cost him at Texas plus, of course, the “racial” stuff that obviously happens there amongst the big time boosters. Charlie never had a chance in Austin. But he is set for life financially but he would have been set here also. I am not in favor of him returning here. As I’ve said before I’m still in favor of giving CBP another year and if that fails then maybe Jeff Brohm would come back. But considering the comments earlier this week from AD Tyra I’m not sure Bobby has any support from Tyra.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: swurv99
Guys coaching at USF is a totally different animal than coaching at UofL now. The ACC is head and shoulders above the AAC. If, and I’m saying a big IF, CCS were to come back here he’d have to hire one helluva OC because he knows very little about that side of the ball. Kind of the reverse of Bobby Petrino. And his lack of offensive coaching skills is part of what cost him at Texas plus, of course, the “racial” stuff that obviously happens there amongst the big time boosters. Charlie never had a chance in Austin. But he is set for life financially but he would have been set here also. I am not in favor of him returning here. As I’ve said before I’m still in favor of giving CBP another year and if that fails then maybe Jeff Brohm would come back. But considering the comments earlier this week from AD Tyra I’m not sure Bobby has any support from Tyra.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Excellent post

UofL should be permanently finished with looking backwards for its coaching hires. From a PR standpoint, rehiring Strong would look slightly less bad than rehiring Petrino did. Strong moved on and so should Louisville.

UofL should be permanently finished with looking backwards for its coaching hires. From a PR standpoint, rehiring Strong would look slightly less bad than rehiring Petrino did. Strong moved on and so should Louisville.

Agree

Guys coaching at USF is a totally different animal than coaching at UofL now. The ACC is head and shoulders above the AAC.
The polls don't exactly reflect that this year. UCF, USF, and Cincinnati are all ranked in the top 25. Clemson and NC State are the only 2 representing the ACC.

I do understand that historically the ACC is much better than the AAC, but had to point out it isn't this year.

I want Jeff Brohm first and last to replace coach Petrino, BUT if that can't or doesn't happen, Charlie Strong would be a good consolation.

Charlie can’t return here because if his activities outside of the FB complex. Because he’s not cut like that. Lol

Charlie can’t return here because if his activities outside of the FB complex. Because he’s not cut like that. Lol

You guys act like he was the first to leave UofL for another job.

Coach Schnellenberger, John L, 41-9 were ALL not cut like that

You guys act like he was the first to leave UofL for another job.

Coach Schnellenberger, John L, 41-9 were ALL not cut like that

Do you not remember why he had to return to town after he left. Has nothing to do with FB or him leaving early, has to do with what he did. You don’t remember? I personally liked Charlie and don’t have an issue with the jump, except that he was to chicken to meet with his players.

Do you not remember why he had to return to town after he left. Has nothing to do with FB or him leaving early, has to do with what he did. You don’t remember? I personally liked Charlie and don’t have an issue with the jump, except that he was to chicken to meet with his players.

Of course i remember.

I didn't say i wanted him back. Id be against it, unless Brohm doesnt come. Id understand him coming back but would be against it.

He is the most successful coach in UofL history. The Sugar Bowl win ovet one loss, 3rd ranked Florida is the biggest victory in the program.

He left Petrino tons of talent and 41-9 couldn't win 10 games with it.

Of course i remember.

I didn't say i wanted him back. Id be against it, unless Brohm doesnt come. Id understand him coming back but would be against it.

He is the most successful coach in UofL history. The Sugar Bowl win ovet one loss, 3rd ranked Florida is the biggest victory in the program.

He left Petrino tons of talent and 41-9 couldn't win 10 games with it.

I wasn’t slamming Charlie I was referring to the powers to be probably would never allow that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT