ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie did an EXCELLENT job of recruiting QB's after Teddy

I agree.... But this is bad on both sides of the ball.... A month to prepare and this is what the fans went to Charlotte to see?

Reactions: wilkie01
These QBs are capable of running Watson/Strong's dink and dunk ball control offense. :)

In all seriousness, one could legitimately criticize last years coaching staff for playing so conservative on offense that our backups never got much chance to get game experience.
This post was edited on 12/30 9:20 PM by DirtyBird

Originally posted by cardsfreak:
I agree.... But this is bad on both sides of the ball.... A month to prepare and this is what the fans went to Charlotte to see?
Grantham has the players out of position. Constantly missing third and long. he cant get his guys off the field.

Nothing is Petrino's fault. Right
clown.r191677.gif

I agree hold me back. It bothers me when people talk about what great shape Strong left us in. No doubt the D is good, but the holes qb, ol, and lack of depth at wr are glaring problems.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
clown.r191677.gif

I'm pretty sure Bobby would have absolutely laughed at the idea of recruiting Gardner and Bolin. It is what it is. Charlie thought offense was just a way to pass the time until the defense got back on the field. In truth, he shouldn't even receive any praise for Teddy. It was all Clint Hurtt.

I have said in other posts, that the quarterback of our future is not on this roster ,I have seen Lamar Jackson play in person ,he is much better than Bolin or Bonafon right now . The quarterbacks we have today are unable to read defenses at a high-level , this is what caused the lack of scoring in the game today , we had many wide receivers open , but the QB was unable go to his second or third options. RB is very poor at making quick decisions , so he holds onto th ball forever, at least we have had one question answered today , The QB competition will be between Ferguson, Bruggman, and Jackson, next year......

Originally posted by Hold Me Back:
clown.r191677.gif

I'm pretty sure Bobby would have absolutely laughed at the idea of recruiting Gardner and Bolin. It is what it is. Charlie thought offense was just a way to pass the time until the defense got back on the field. In truth, he shouldn't even receive any praise for Teddy. It was all Clint Hurtt.
Keep teling yourself that.

Petrino shat the bed again.

clown.r191677.gif

Keep teling yourself that.

Petrino shat the bed again.
Now THAT was a nice, lucid, informative post. Thank you, Kerry.

I'm pretty sure Bobby would have absolutely laughed at the idea of recruiting Gardner and Bolin.
You do know Saban recruited Gardner?

Originally posted by Rollem Cards:

I'm pretty sure Bobby would have absolutely laughed at the idea of recruiting Gardner and Bolin.
You do know Saban recruited Gardner?
He has Petrino blinders on. He cant see or hear you.

Bolin can run this offense.

His throwing needs a tweek to bring it down a bit. That is something that a good QB coach should fix easily.

Needless to say these guys weren't ready to face a good team. The one thing I do know is RB is not a QB. He is very slow in making his reads. Bolin is ok but made some real pot reads.

Needless to say these guys weren't ready to face a good team. The one thing I do know is RB is not a QB. He is very slow in making his reads. Bolin is ok but made some real pot reads.
Bolin QB, and LJackson RBonnafon, RB/Slot. (O-Line is much better.).

Well, just look at what Strong is accomplishing at Texas and be glad he's gone. After all he struggled two out of four years at the Ville. His winning seasons happened in a depleted Big East Conference and American Conference, which j really CUSA 2.0!

Any particular reason why we are responding to a thread that was posted the day after the Belk Bowl loss to Georgia at the end of the 2014 season?

I think somebody got bored and needed some controversy. Not much conversation on the board, and the latest story on the main front page is 4 days old.

I hope Howie and company are okay.

I think somebody got bored and needed some controversy. Not much conversation on the board, and the latest story on the main front page is 4 days old.

I hope Howie and company are okay.
A good question by Push and a good observation by cardfan. Things are really slowT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT