ADVERTISEMENT

Catcher Position

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Let me just start by saying Zeke Pinkham looks to be completely recovered and moving forward from the knee injury that sidelined him most of last season. I saw plenty of him in Fall Ball and he is a star on the rise, best kept secret in college baseball,imo.

Zeke has a rifle,was really starting to hit it late Fall and was stealing bases...yeah,stealing bases:D

Last edited:
Pat Rumoro,who was our main man last season,sat out Fall Ball. Not sure the nature of his injury,but if he recovers fully,he will catch every 3rd game behind Zeke. Gritty player who held his own while Pinkham was away,had some really big 2 out hits.

Pat Rumoro,who was our main man last season,sat out Fall Ball. Not sure the nature of his injury,but if he recovers fully,he will catch every 3rd game behind Zeke. Gritty player who held his own while Pinkham was away,had some really big 2 out hits.
What about Zach Britton. He seemed to get a lot of playing time at catcher as well.

Yea he also sat out fall Ball. Not sure if he passes up Rumoro or not.

Last edited:
If both guys come back healthy, I think it's a toss up.
I think Britton is better offensively, Rumoro defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: nccardfan
Rumero hit .222 overall (.161 in conference) and threw out 1 runner in 12 stolen base attempts.
Britton hit .239 overall (.212.conference) but did show flashes offensively. He was 0-11 in stolen base attempts.
Pinkham was basically hurt all last year after going into the season as our no. 1 catcher. He is decent defensively, but hasn't hit much in 3 years.
I don't know anything about any newcomers, so I predict Pinkham wins the job and Britton is the 2nd catcher with a start every weekend. Rumero is our 3rd catcher.
This is a position that we need to upgrade in production and defensive play.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what you see in Pinkham. He was a shell of himself after returning late last season. The guy I saw in the Fall,the guy that Coach Mac named as a captain,is a rising star.
He is decent defensively, but hasn't hit much in 3 years.
He was hitting it,stealing bases and opposing runners were tentative at best about trying his arm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT