ADVERTISEMENT

Cards WBB vs Miami

I thought Miami was well prepared for us they also play the same style of game. They knew what we were going to do and they defended it well. I thought Miami looked lost when we had 5 different players in the game. I actually thought we should have gone back to that lineup when they were making their comeback.

I agree with the coach that this team could go to the Final Four or lose the first game. I just think this loss was such a sting that it will make them focus better and go further. The ACC is a tough conference with good teams that have talent. Everybody is familiar with each other so you can’t catch them off guard. The NCAA Tournament will be easier than this.

I thought Miami was well prepared for us they also play the same style of game. They knew what we were going to do and they defended it well. I thought Miami looked lost when we had 5 different players in the game. I actually thought we should have gone back to that lineup when they were making their comeback.

I agree with the coach that this team could go to the Final Four or lose the first game. I just think this loss was such a sting that it will make them focus better and go further. The ACC is a tough conference with good teams that have talent. Everybody is familiar with each other so you can’t catch them off guard. The NCAA Tournament will be easier than this.
Walz admitted the lineup change late when we had the 16 point lead screwed up the team’s rhythm. And he’s right it lost certainly did as I pointed out in this thread.

Reactions: putter23
What a total shame. Just a total meltdown despite a very partisan crowd. Hopefully they can learn from this but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if this is a final four team.

Good lord. Some of these comments?? Taking us out of contention to play at home? UofL will still host the first two rounds at home. Miami played us tough earlier in the year. They also hit many ridiculous shots.
The lineup change really changed things. I couldn’t understand why HVL was out - Kasa gives you little to nothing offensively . Why Liz was out - Olivia was gassed. Ery strange on his part. Still don’t see them losing their top seed. They earned that during the season. This team is very good and yes their was a meltdown in the 4th. But again, goodness, UM had ladies hitting threes at the buzzer, by people who hadn’t hit but a couple of threes all year, etc. Let’s move forward - they will be ok.

21 turnovers, most of which were unforced by Miami, suggest this team was no where close to being mentally prepared from the start. HVL was way-off her game on both ends of the court for every minute she was on the floor. Emily hit a few critical 3s in the 2nd half, but she was no where close to her normal effort. Those ill-advised drives by HVL into the lane were lost opportunities, as she normally would dish off to the wings, as Miami collapsed every time HVL got in the paint.

This has been one of my all-time favorite UL Women’s BB teams, as it has been most entertaining. Aside from the 4th quarter meltdown in two games, they have played as well as any team in the country.

Harden‘s performance might have been as good as any I have witnessed from an opponent.

In the scheme of things, we may have lost the set of steak knives (ACC Tournament) but the fine china set is still available for winning (NCAA Tournament). Deal with it. We lost, yeah it hurts but it's not the end of the season. Learn from it and improve. (Sorry, Tom Cruise and Demi Moore for paraphrasing your lines from "A Few Good Men").

--sonja--

I was talking about the lineup change in the first half. At the 10 minute mark in the 2nd period he changed our lineup to Verhulst, Dixon, Robison, A. Smith and Hall. Hall being the only starter and they played for 5 minutes. We maintained our lead and looked good doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT