ADVERTISEMENT

Cards WBB vs Miami

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
University of Louisville women's basketball opens a busy week with three road contests starting at Miami on Tuesday night. The game will tip off at 7 p.m. ET and broadcast on ACC Network Extra and 790-AM WKRD. The Cards are #4 in the latest AP poll, behind South Carol1na, Stanford and NC State. The USA Coaches poll has UofL at C#4 also, but the NCAA Top 16 Tournament reveal has the Cards at #5, behind Tennessee.

The Cards are 18-2 on the season, 8-1 in Atlantic Coast Conference play, and has won three straight games. They are coming off a 77-65 win over No. 21 Duke at the KFC Yum! Center on Sunday afternoon.

UofL is on a three-game winning streak and they are averaging 74.7 points per game. The Cards are shooting 46.3 percent from the floor and 41.3 percent from beyond the arc. They have scored 70-plus points in each of the last three games and are 12-0 this season when scoring 70-plus points.

Miami enters Tuesday’s game with an 11-7 overall record, 4-4 in ACC play. UM opened with losses in their first two conference games (Wake Forest and NC State), but have won four of their last six. This is their first home game since a 58-49 loss to Duke on Jan. 18 and they are 1-3 in ACC home games.

Their lone home win in the ACC is a 46-45 win over No. 12 Georgia Tech. They rank 14th in the ACC with 61.6 points per game and they are allowing 57.8 points per game, which ranks sixth. Kelsey Marshall is Miami’s lone double-digit scorer with 14.1 points per game, which ranks 10th in the league. She ranks third in the ACC with 2.6 3-pointers per game and is shooting 32.6 percent from deep, which ranks sixth. She's a "home grown" product, born in Davie, FL and out of Miami Country Day High School.

Louisville will look to call on again what has gotten them to wins all season -- stifling defense. It's hard to say which Card will step up with a point-leading performance, it seems to change every game for the balanced offense. We hope to see a "four quarter" performance as well, winning all four quarters for once would be a welcome aspect

--sonja--

Reactions: putter23
I guess I am the only one watching tonight but we are in a tough game. A. Smith, c Hall, Dixon and Engstler are really struggling.

This is really an ugly game on our part it looks like we have not played together ever. We are forcing bad shots and dribbling into traffic and committing dumb fouls. We better shape up or we will lose this one.

Watching. Just not posting. Don’t like the gibe of this game at all. Cards have looked a little off all night and yet the game is close. I think they need to work on getting the ball into the lane and draw some fouls (if the refs will call them). If we can get a couple of back-to-back baskets we can take the momentum back.

Headed in the wrong direction and fast! Miami looks a lot more athletic than us.

Reactions: Deeva
Going down to the wire. Refs just won’t call those body fouls against UM. I don’t get it. There is so much contact and the refs just stand there. 😵‍💫

Reactions: putter23
Here we go! 11.6 seconds left - UM ball - 3 pt lead for us.

I was watching the body language from both teams and Miami players were smiling and almost congratulating themselves with 5 minutes to go. Our players didn’t look like they were going to lose they looked grittier. I noticed a couple of the Miami players smiling and I thought I want to wipe those smiles off their faces.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT