ADVERTISEMENT

Cards vs Canes

Dec 6, 2008
Let the rivalry explode.

Both being city schools. Miami has approximatly 16,000+ enrollment UofL is just over 21000

Both schools were one time members of the Big East conference and soon will be conference foes in the ACC where I believe this rivalry will grow into one of the best non traditional rivalries in the nation.

11 total meetings in football. Miami leads series 10-1 but Louisville won the last game 31-7 in 2006 and should/could have upset the Top 5 Canes in Miami 2 years before headed by a freshman QB named Brohm who came in for an injured Lafors. I still cuss Hester and why we kicked to him.

The football recruiting battles have heated up between the 2 programs with the poaching of one Teddy Bridgewater being the biggest win so far by UofL. No other program has poached more players from Miami Dade than UofL has over the last few years.

Lets not forget the connection the two programs share with recruiting guru Clint Hurtt and most of all the connection we share with Coach Howard Schnellenberger. The man that put Miami on the map with a NC and UofL on a "collision course" with a win over Bama in the Fiesta Bowl.

In 2007 UofL broke Miami 13 consecutive baseball Regional championship streak lead by Coral Gables native Chris Dominquez on the way to our first ever CWS appearance.

Saturdays baseball game will be a great preview of what is to come in the near future. I look very forward to competing with the U in every sport as soon as we join them in the ACC. The Miami basketball program is on the rise and should provide some great games on the hardwood also.

Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:
Let the rivalry explode.

11 total meetings in football. Miami leads series 10-1 but Louisville won the last game 31-7 in 2006 and should/could have upset the Top 5 Canes in Miami 2 years before headed by a freshman QB named Brohm who came in for an injured Lafors. I still cuss Hester and why we kicked to him.

Honestly, even WITH the Hester return, had Kerry Rhodes hung onto the ball that was thrown right into his hands, it is game over, a victory for U of L.

But things work out the way they are supposed to, and despite the loss, U of L moved up in the rankings, and more than likely, hung onto Bobby Petrino a couple more years than had Kerry caught the ball that he should have caught.

The baseball game should be fun --- I hope we come to play, and not give them any extra outs with poor defense. Hope we have some bats working for us to.

both starters have great numbers and are all-americans.

Miami stater B-Rad is a off speed LHP with a high leg kick. He has 8 pickoffs on the year. He throws his curveball 60% of the time and he takes his time on the mound.

Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:

Lets not forget the connection the two programs share with recruiting guru Clint Hurtt and most of all the connection we share with Coach Howard Schnellenberger. The man that put Miami on the map with a NC and UofL on a "collision course" with a win over Bama in the Fiesta Bowl.
Nah, instead let's forget as quickly as possible the connection with Hurtt, shall we?

Losing the chance at the national seed, hurt. Going 0-2 in the BE tourney dropped us down to a pairing with vandy. That is a tough task.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT