ADVERTISEMENT

Cards Vball v Pitt

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Ugh. 0-2 right now. UofL looks really bad. Pitt is big and is not making any mistakes.

Today - many bad passes, mis-hits, etc. Yet, on the verge of going to a 5th set. So much grit and determination! UofL’s last ACC lose was 2 years ago at Pitt.

Our passing has been suspect in most big games this year, which prevents us from attacking middle. I was glad to see us fight and pull out the 3rd and 4th sets. Mbono has really improved since the last time I saw her play. Tough loss. But since Texas lost, I’m glad this team is not moving into the 1 spot. We aren’t consistent enough.

when does Debeer return?

I have missed a few matches because of travel and I was only able to watch the first set. The lineup we used in the first set was very foreign to me and they were way out of sync. It is like we are experimenting too much and have lost rhythm.

Reactions: Deeva
I have missed a few matches because of travel and I was only able to watch the first set. The lineup we used in the first set was very foreign to me and they were way out of sync. It is like we are experimenting too much and have lost rhythm.
3rd and 4th set we got it together. Looked good. We just aren’t as efficient as we were last year. Last years team was more experienced and once they locked in, took advantage of your miscues and put teams away. This year we aren’t as mentally strong. We are still a very good team, we just make too many passing errors and Tori was a much better setter than our current setter.

And this takes nothing away from Lazaro, but Tori had a better sense of mixing up her sets at the right moment.

Sometimes you learn more from a loss than you do from a win. The 3 & 4 set comeback tells me a lot about the character and pride of these ladies. I am not going to use this site as a tool to name any individual player, but I saw one spot that I think will be fixed by tournament time.

My opinion is that this team, while not as polished, is just as good as last year’s team. Blocking is Superior. Defense is Superior. Offense is still really good. While Tori brought so much to the game…Lazaro is really good. With Anna on the court this team steps up to another level and they have been really good with her on the shelf.

The Pitt team is very good and I suspect the ACC conference tournament will be a showcase between these two teams one more time.

Reactions: Bardman
We couldn't have stumbled out of the gate any worse, and, a little birdie told me that an impassioned pep talk from senior Tillman and grad Chaussee at the half, got the Cards motivated.

Look, this is a completely different team without DeBeer, and the soon she gets back, without risking injury, the better for the Cards.

It's basically being identified as a "two team" conference with UofL and Pitt, but don't sleep on Georgia Tech.

--sonja--

Sometimes you just don’t have ‘it’. The Cards, for a vast majority of the match, did not have ‘it’. I have never seen so many bad passes, sets were a little inconsistent, hitters were inconsistent as well. Like in football I believe at the end of the day a great defense wins the day. UofL is Superior defensively so even if they are off on offense they can keep themselves in a match.

Sometimes you just don’t have ‘it’. The Cards, for a vast majority of the match, did not have ‘it’. I have never seen so many bad passes, sets were a little inconsistent, hitters were inconsistent as well. Like in football I believe at the end of the day a great defense wins the day. UofL is Superior defensively so even if they are off on offense they can keep themselves in a match.
Give Pitt credit for putting our setters and Libero in rough positions to start the pass sequence and Pitt's middle blocker, the transfer from Iowa, was better than Cresse or anyone the Cards had in the middle. And, they're still #7 in the nation? Pitt fans have to be livid. You beat #2 and move up just one spot? They haven't made many friends in the AVCA, though, and it's all politics these days.

--sonja--

Reactions: Deeva and Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT