ADVERTISEMENT

Cards Transfer Portal Ranking

It’s hard to judge rankings because most of it has to do with volume as we lost a lot of bad and added a lot of quality.

I think PK did great, but looking at On3’s rankings last year’s top 10

WVU
Penn State
Missouri
NC State
Florida
Wake
LSU
South Carolina
Cal
Nebraska

Only 4 of those teams made the tournament, NC State made a Final Four run but remember they likely weren’t going to make it until their ACC tournament run.

All that being said, rankings on this don’t mean jack. I think we have a good team whether we’re rated high or not. You have to look at the team rather than some random websites ranking.

On3 uses a unique and very well thought out way to rank. You take the combined ratings of each player you lose and subtract that from whomever you add.

Well crap! If you look at it that way, makes total sense! We should be #1. How much credit do you get for getting rid of a coach...
surprisingly UK just signed the dude from FD and they're up there too. this year could be one of the greatest games in rivalry history

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
The ReviVILLE is here and we hope you all are excited. Keep up the support of the program and the 502Circle! Lets continue to take over the nation!

What's crazy is 247 i don't think has us in their top 20🤷‍♂️. How can these sites be that far apart? I believe we're closer to the On3 "1" than the 247
20 something.
I think some of it is, they really don't have a way to solidly rate all these players. There's literally thousands.

Some of them it's a no-brainer that they're pretty good, like Hepburn. But for others, especially players who are coming from non-P6 leagues, it's a bit of a crapshoot where they really are. Add to that, players who were highly rated in HS but sat on the bench their freshman year at P6 schools, injured players, and players from overseas.

It all really is a big guess.

Kind of silly to rank them or put any stock into the rankings. No clue how they will work together on the court. I think he has nailed it in terms of how he wants to play. I think Pope has done the same.

Louisville is going to spread teams out and shoot a lot of 3’s. He also found guys that can drive and finish inside. They also have kids that create their own space when it get late in clock. It is a really interesting group. No clue how it will all come together.

Kind of silly to rank them or put any stock into the rankings. No clue how they will work together on the court. I think he has nailed it in terms of how he wants to play. I think Pope has done the same.

Louisville is going to spread teams out and shoot a lot of 3’s. He also found guys that can drive and finish inside. They also have kids that create their own space when it get late in clock. It is a really interesting group. No clue how it will all come together.
This group of incoming players are 10 times better than last years team.

I think just after a handful of games this upcoming season, it's going to be unbelievably revealing just how bad the KP years really were. The atrocious won lost record notwithstanding.

The past two seasons were not going to be great even with a good coach, but it wouldn't have been as incompetent as it was. Those two seasons proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that KP had no clue how to run a basketball program.

For years to come, both media and fans of the game are going to wonder what the hell was UofL thinking hiring KP in the first place. As far as I know, it has to be the worst hire in major college basketball history.

Add the fact that those same players have mostly ended up at P4/5 schools, and one can discern that talented players were there to develop...he just didn't do it very well and the team sucked for it. Not a coach or motivator at all.

got to be killing the artist formerly known as ... that st john's isn't even in the top 70. he must be imploding, us #1 and his favorite coach nowhere to be seen. but i do miss the banter

I believe Pope is in over his head and the kitty cat fans are riding the nostalgia train right now
his teams have won some against some top 20 opponents. he's probably a way better in game coach than cal was, don;t underestimate what can be done. uk still always gets better players on average so fingers crossed they suck but pretty sure pope knows how to coach. more so than our last one for sure

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I think just after a handful of games this upcoming season, it's going to be unbelievably revealing just how bad the KP years really were. The atrocious won lost record notwithstanding.

The past two seasons were not going to be great even with a good coach, but it wouldn't have been as incompetent as it was. Those two seasons proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that KP had no clue how to run a basketball program.

For years to come, both media and fans of the game are going to wonder what the hell was UofL thinking hiring KP in the first place. As far as I know, it has to be the worst hire in major college basketball history.
I'm still convinced that KP was a kenSucky plant and came here to wreck the program. And, for 2 years... Mission Accomplished!

The ranking (#1) is interesting, but regardless of where a computer places our off-season; PK has already performed well beyond any realistic expectation in terms of rebuilding UL Basketball. Aside from voluntarily withdrawing from the “Q sweepstakes” that purportedly reached $2M, it could be argued that Pat was able to obtain most everyone that he believed fit his program.

As far as Pope and UK are concerned, I will concede that given the departure of Cal & his effort to dismantle the wildcat’s roster on his way out, UK has rebounded about as well as anyone could have expected.

WTS, I think there is a good chance that UL will immediately compete on an equal level with UK, and return to respectability in the ACC. My confidence originates from those who seem to know PK and his coaching style very well.

his teams have won some against some top 20 opponents. he's probably a way better in game coach than cal was, don;t underestimate what can be done. uk still always gets better players on average so fingers crossed they suck but pretty sure pope knows how to coach. more so than our last one for sure
He will have better players at Kentucky, but against lesser competition he averages 12 losses a year. I think he’s going to be similar in records to the later Cal seasons.

Last edited:
He will have better players at Kentucky, but against lesser competition he averages 12 losses a year. I think he’s going to be similar in records to the later Cal seasons
beg to differ claudia schiffer! last year BYU went 21-9. beat bellarmine, won on the road at UCF, WVU and at #7 Kansas, beat #11 baylor at home, and lost by less than 10 points on the road to #4 houston, #6 iowa state, #14 baylor and #24 texas tech. so what do you think he's going to do with better players? he's proven he can coach on the road in tough environments. isn't that the definiton of a coach you'd want to hire? and isn't hte Big 12 jsut as tough as the SEC? i doubt pope will lose more than 10 games very often

beg to differ claudia schiffer! last year BYU went 21-9. beat bellarmine, won on the road at UCF, WVU and at #7 Kansas, beat #11 baylor at home, and lost by less than 10 points on the road to #4 houston, #6 iowa state, #14 baylor and #24 texas tech. so what do you think he's going to do with better players? he's proven he can coach on the road in tough environments. isn't that the definiton of a coach you'd want to hire? and isn't hte Big 12 jsut as tough as the SEC? i doubt pope will lose more than 10 games very often
I got a number for you 0 that’s how many conference tournament & NCAA tournament games he has won! SEC is no longer a 1 or 2 team conference but the schools in the SEC are starting to put some of their football money towards their basketball programs. I agree with rockycard I see quite a few 10 loss years. It’ll be like the 10 loss Tubby years where they’re good but not good enough

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
got to be killing the artist formerly known as ... that st john's isn't even in the top 70. he must be imploding, us #1 and his favorite coach nowhere to be seen. but i do miss the banter
Well, to be fair, St. Johns didn't need to replace its entire roster with transfers. Louisville is #1 mostly due to the quantity of good players. Getting 10+ dudes is unusual.

You picked last year as the final assessment of his career, the season before he was 19-15.

You picked last year as the final assessment of his career, the season before he was 19-15.
and thus he got better. it's called improvement. your judging him on two seasons ago and not giving him any credit for all the teams he beat last year and his team getting better. byu is a sh$thole and no one goes there and he still beat top 20 teams on the road. . i mean come on, facts can say anything and last years facts says he improved mightily as a coach.WTF do you want from a coach? isn't that what you want from a coach, to improve, i mean wtf? pitino went 18-14 one year then won a title but he must absolutely suck because he went 18-14. truly moronic to judge him by a 19-15 record two years and not a 21-9 record last year where he beat tough teams on the road. argue better cause yours is truly lacking

and thus he got better. it's called improvement. your judging him on two seasons ago and not giving him any credit for all the teams he beat last year and his team getting better. byu is a sh$thole and no one goes there and he still beat top 20 teams on the road. . i mean come on, facts can say anything and last years facts says he improved mightily as a coach.WTF do you want from a coach? isn't that what you want from a coach, to improve, i mean wtf? pitino went 18-14 one year then won a title but he must absolutely suck because he went 18-14. truly moronic to judge him by a 19-15 record two years and not a 21-9 record last year where he beat tough teams on the road. argue better cause yours is truly lacking

lol, you fans of both schools are usually not hard to please. What handle do you go by on rafters?

Last year, according to Jayhawk fans, was one of the most disappointing seasons for Kansas; not sure BYU was as responsible for the win as much as Kansas was responsible for losing.

lol, you fans of both schools are usually not hard to please. What handle do you go by on rafters?
I could never be a fan of UK basketball and would only care to see them win against any team if my grandson played for them. And that would still be difficult.

The only people I've known in my life that said they liked both teams are people who really don't follow basketball that much. I've never seen a die hard basketball fan like both teams.

UK could go 0 and 30 and it still wouldn't be good enough for me.

I could never be a fan of UK basketball and would only care to see them win against any team if my grandson played for them. And that would still be difficult.

The only people I've known in my life that said they liked both teams are people who really don't follow basketball that much. I've never seen a die hard basketball fan like both teams.

UK could go 0 and 30 and it still wouldn't be good enough for me.
I used to work with a guy that loved uk basketball and didn’t like UofL. Then on the other hand he loves UofL football and doesn’t really care about uk football. He’s been a UofL football season ticket holder since C.Strongs first

Last year, according to Jayhawk fans, was one of the most disappointing seasons for Kansas; not sure BYU was as responsible for the win as much as Kansas was responsible for losing.
just cannot accept that i was right, huh? so let's start going thru every game to see if any if the fans of any of the losing teams thought it was a bad season. by that standard our football team absolutely sucked last year because we played every team at their absolute weakest in the last 20 years. miami sucked, we beat loast to team on their 2nd and 3rd strign qbs, lost to s sucky uk team and yet people gloat we won ten adn by your standards last year should make you puke. in the sugar bowl we beat a florida team that didn't care. so throw that win away. i think every bowl win we've ever had the other team didn't care. again, another dumb debate. we won the national title in 2013 because unc, kansas, uk, florida, and duke all had frigging bad years by their standards. so throw that title away becasue those teams fans thoguht they had down years. god it feels like i'm tlakign to a uk fan, way to easy to make correct points. mic drop again.

just cannot accept that i was right, huh? so let's start going thru every game to see if any if the fans of any of the losing teams thought it was a bad season. by that standard our football team absolutely sucked last year because we played every team at their absolute weakest in the last 20 years. miami sucked, we beat loast to team on their 2nd and 3rd strign qbs, lost to s sucky uk team and yet people gloat we won ten adn by your standards last year should make you puke. in the sugar bowl we beat a florida team that didn't care. so throw that win away. i think every bowl win we've ever had the other team didn't care. again, another dumb debate. we won the national title in 2013 because unc, kansas, uk, florida, and duke all had frigging bad years by their standards. so throw that title away becasue those teams fans thoguht they had down years. god it feels like i'm tlakign to a uk fan, way to easy to make correct points. mic drop again.
When you say “our football team absolutely sucked last season” which school are you referring to? UK? UofL? You’re all over the place with whatever your agenda actually is.

Reactions: 2330859
just cannot accept that i was right, huh? so let's start going thru every game to see if any if the fans of any of the losing teams thought it was a bad season. by that standard our football team absolutely sucked last year because we played every team at their absolute weakest in the last 20 years.
His point is pretty weak.

But yours is worse because you're rewriting history when looking at the data you gotta use.

ND finished 14th and NCSt 22nd, not their absolute weakest teams in their last 20 years. Duke went 8-5, one of their better teams in decades. Even GT and BC went 7-6.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Right about what? My comment was about Jayhawk fans being horribly disappointed in their season, supported by Kansas finishing 5th in their own conference, and losing 4 out of their last 5 regular season games. They lost by 29 points to TT, they lost by 30 to Houston and by 20 to UC, before losing to the Zags by 21 points to end their NCAA tournament run.

Not sure what prompted the rest of your tirade, but it went well beyond anything that applies to this thread. BYU had a fine season under Pope, but personally I cannot see where you or anyone could draw much from BYU's last season that could project how Pope performs at UK; particularly using a win over Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT