ADVERTISEMENT

Cards Replace 2025 IU Game

JMU is ranked and undefeated this year. When we play them (again) they will be eligible for a conference title and a bowl. They might actually be better than IU.

Reactions: Guardman
2008. Had home games against:
Kentucky
Tennessee Tech
Kansas State
Connecticut
Middle Tennessee State
South Florida
Cincinnati
West Virginia

Reactions: rh62531
2008. Had home games against:
Kentucky
Tennessee Tech
Kansas State
Connecticut
Middle Tennessee State
South Florida
Cincinnati
West Virginia
Lost last 5 games capping it with the ignominious 63 - 14 debacle at Rutgers. Unbelievably that game was a nationally televised night game on ESPN with the announcers actually laughing at the ineptitude on the field. The defensive coordinator was Ron English.

I also didn’t recall eight homes games previously. I thought eight in 2025 would likely set a record.

Next year’s season ticket prices are the same with one less home game. That’s an effective increase of 17% per ticket.

So we go from six to eight home games in 2025. Unless they REDUCE the per ticket price—don’t hold your breath—that will be an increase on the total by 33%.

Those are some eye popping percentages esp. when you consider some of the teams you’ll be paying $100 to see as a season ticket holder…

I also didn’t recall eight homes games previously. I thought eight in 2025 would likely set a record.

Next year’s season ticket prices are the same with one less home game. That’s an effective increase of 17% per ticket.

So we go from six to eight home games in 2025. Unless they REDUCE the per ticket price—don’t hold your breath—that will be an increase on the total by 33%.

Those are some eye popping percentages esp. when you consider some of the teams you’ll be paying $100 to see as a season ticket holder…
Do you suggest I cancel my season tickets and just hustle for individual game tickets so I can save $$$ ?

I would be

I would be quite ok with season tickets and individual game tickets reflecting differential pricing. I mean a ticket for Austin Peay shouldn't be priced the same as one with Kentucky, Notre Dame, Georgia, or Texas A&M. Or Clemson or Florida State either.

Do you suggest I cancel my season tickets and just hustle for individual game tickets so I can save $$$ ?
If I was just buying a couple tickets each game with no other considerations, that's absolutely a viable option. I basically did that for basketball tickets after the move downtown. Worked perfectly well, and I ended up with good, inexpensive seats for 90% of the home games.

I'm in a different situation in football with an assortment of premium seats and parking. But they're getting into a price range where I'm gonna start looking at other options. Inflation is gonna end up being a killer for the average fan...

...I would be quite ok with season tickets and individual game tickets reflecting differential pricing. I mean a ticket for Austin Peay shouldn't be priced the same as one with Kentucky, Notre Dame, Georgia, or Texas A&M. Or Clemson or Florida State either.
Agreed, and I've been pondering next year's schedule alongside the $99 ticket price I will be charged. Here's an example of what you're talking about using the 2024 home schedule:

IU replacement game $70
Austin Peay $70
Georgia Tech $90
Miami $140
North Carolina $140

Syracuse $90

If Miami and UNC roll into town undefeated or with one loss, those will be marquee games justifying those prices. Otherwise maybe not. And the other prices are pretty rich for the caliber of the visiting teams.

In 2025, we will add two more home games, very likely for an additional $100 per ticket ($200 total).

If Brohm keeps this program hitting on all eight cylinders, we'll still hit a 45K average attendance number. That's a critical assumption--and a lotta inflation for many teams that don't come anywhere close to warranting these prices.

U of L has had a big problem controlling their costs and not raising enough revenue. This way of solving it isn't comforting, and it stands a good chance of not working...

Last edited:
If I was just buying a couple tickets each game with no other considerations, that's absolutely a viable option. I basically did that for basketball tickets after the move downtown. Worked perfectly well, and I ended up with good, inexpensive seats for 90% of the home games.

I'm in a different situation in football with an assortment of premium seats and parking. But they're getting into a price range where I'm gonna start looking at other options. Inflation is gonna end up being a killer for the average fan...
Still sore about the move downtown, you dropped your tickets? Even though you could walk to the games. Let me understand, if they built the arena far away, you would have bought tickets. Only to be right. Since you can walk/swim to games, you dropped tickets? Well, okay.

Still sore about the move downtown, you dropped your tickets? Even though you could walk to the games. Let me understand, if they built the arena far away, you would have bought tickets. Only to be right. Since you can walk/swim to games, you dropped tickets? Well, okay.
The level of vitriol toward individuals and their, maybe not popular, opinions astound me on this board. Especially when it gets a bit off the topic at hand because we apparently carry grudges ad infinitum. It's really very unnecessary and keeps me from reading here as often as other places.

I welcome different perspectives. They help me be a more critical thinker.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
Lost last 5 games capping it with the ignominious 63 - 14 debacle at Rutgers. Unbelievably that game was a nationally televised night game on ESPN with the announcers actually laughing at the ineptitude on the field. The defensive coordinator was Ron English.
Off of the top of my head, but wasn’t that the Kragpipe “era”?

I can already see the need to replace English. Same front, same BS sets. If I can read them 50-/60 percent of the tie, a good opposing QB could probably call our sets.

Has little to do with travel. It’s 95% about the fan experience.

The view from half the seats in the new arena is unwatchable. I said that when it opened…

The level of vitriol toward individuals and their, maybe not popular, opinions astound me on this board. Especially when it gets a bit off the topic at hand because we apparently carry grudges ad infinitum. It's really very unnecessary and keeps me from reading here as often as other places.

I welcome different perspectives. They help me be a more critical thinker.
In this day and age, it’s less about the subject and more about the hate…

I, for one, am really looking forward to the ACC FB Schedule announcement Monday night.

The Cards are CURRENTLY scheduled to play Clemson and FSU a grand total of twice each in the next 3 seasons. 2 with Clemson. 2 with Florida State.

That's not going to hold.

We will know by 7pm Monday night

• Love
Reactions: Mayoman
I'm lost. The fan experience in the new arena is bad because of seat views? Who was in charge when it was built?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT