ADVERTISEMENT

Cards Ranked #26

Just typical. Voters are just reluctant to vote for Louisville. They only seem to when they're forced to.

Thing is about Louisville, they historically are an above average winning program. Losing seasons are once in a "red" moon. Regardless of what conference Louisville is in, they win much more than they lose.

Yet, they still have to prove their lot in college football far more than some other programs who haven't won as much. Looking at who's back and who's new, it makes no sense why Louisville is not a pre-season top 25 team. AP and Coaches.

But I digress. I know, I'm old.

Louisville is as high as #11 in one of those internet polls. I wouldn't have them that high. I think the 18 to 25 range is where they should be.

NC State should not be ranked ahead of Louisville. I don't think Miami should be ranked higher than Louisville.

19. Louisville
20. Miami
25. NC State

And Clemson should not be #14 but they're still the standard I suppose?

Reactions: cardrock
Just typical. Voters are just reluctant to vote for Louisville. They only seem to when they're forced to.

Thing is about Louisville, they historically are an above average winning program. Losing seasons are once in a "red" moon. Regardless of what conference Louisville is in, they win much more than they lose.

Yet, they still have to prove their lot in college football far more than some other programs who haven't won as much. Looking at who's back and who's new, it makes no sense why Louisville is not a pre-season top 25 team. AP and Coaches.

But I digress. I know, I'm old.
1. Louisville is not named for a state, only a city. It is therefore assumed to be smaller and less important. This is actually a real thing among some people.
2 Louisville has never been in the playoffs, or in a BCS title game, or won a national championship in football. Therefore, it can never be done in the future.
3. Louisville has never been in a “major” conference until now. Therefore, it is a newcomer and hasn’t proven itself. Until it does it will not be respected.
4. Louisville was not good in leather-helmet days and therefore has no tradition. With no tradition it is impossible to be good.

All stupid. All real.

fyi, we lost our last three games last year, beat the teams we were supposed to beat and also lost to ones we weren't, all while playing the weakest schedule we've had in a long time, and at best we're going 9-4 this year unless some miracle happen. we'll beat a team we're not supposed to, but as w/ JB's coaching history, we'll choke to worse teams and drown our season because of it. i had no expectations for us to be pre-season top 25 and don't see why we would be. the simple reality is, 9-4 will not make us a top 25 team and we are still a 25th-35th ranked team/school, as had been for the last 35 years. we are still in the same slot as we've always been. we have not moved up, we are not a perennial top 25 team, never have been, and only the dreamers think we should be. we have not proven anything on consistency, and even when we had the greatest college football player over the last 50 years, imho, we still only went 9-4.

Reactions: SoulSr
I feel we will be rather good this year. 11-1 season. I feel be beat Clems son this year after all Quick is nit on this team.

Reactions: cardrock
fyi, we lost our last three games last year, beat the teams we were supposed to beat and also lost to ones we weren't, all while playing the weakest schedule we've had in a long time, and at best we're going 9-4 this year unless some miracle happen. we'll beat a team we're not supposed to, but as w/ JB's coaching history, we'll choke to worse teams and drown our season because of it. i had no expectations for us to be pre-season top 25 and don't see why we would be. the simple reality is, 9-4 will not make us a top 25 team and we are still a 25th-35th ranked team/school, as had been for the last 35 years. we are still in the same slot as we've always been. we have not moved up, we are not a perennial top 25 team, never have been, and only the dreamers think we should be. we have not proven anything on consistency, and even when we had the greatest college football player over the last 50 years, imho, we still only went 9-4.
If we are 9-4 after the bowl game we will finish ranked!! 1000%%%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT