ADVERTISEMENT

Cards just outmanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take away all the penalties and the outcome doesn’t change much. Miami has been improving over the last few weeks. It was only a matter of time. They are loaded with talent and our lack of depth and lack of talent on the lines was to much to overcome.

Bottom line: Miami is a better team right now.

Reactions: Mayoman
Georgia Tech 28
Miami 21

Thank God we don't go up against that "talent" down in Atlanta!...

If you’re truly rebuilding or building, in order to get better rated talent, you’ll have to over-compensate and get those wins. Been there, done that.

Well, yes you did. You offered an excuse as to why we had so many false starts against Miami AND all of last year, except last year was because of “coaching”

I’m not sure what you are talking about and quite frankly I don’t think you do either. Where in my post did I didn’t mention anything about last year? There are two “excuses” or causes for a false start - lack of concentration or moving too early because you think you are gonna get beat by the man across from you. Either way neither is real justifiable.

Regardless, yes I am on record as saying that the coaching staff last year wasn’t ACC quality and was overpaid.

Georgia Tech 28
Miami 21

Thank God we don't go up against that "talent" down in Atlanta!...

Considering Tech drilled us 66-31 last year on our own field, you are probably right.

Big difference for Miami in that game is that Williams was still recovering from a shoulder injury that he suffered against Virginia Tech a few week’s earlier. He backed up NKosi Perry when they played Georgia Tech, and came into the game for 4 plays early in the second half when Perry had to go out temporarily with an injury. Perry returned on the next series, but with two injured QBs, Miami’s offense went scoreless the rest of the second half.

Considering Tech drilled us 66-31 last year on our own field, you are probably right.

Big difference for Miami in that game is that Williams was still recovering from a shoulder injury that he suffered against Virginia Tech a few week’s earlier. He backed up NKosi Perry when they played Georgia Tech, and came into the game for 4 plays early in the second half when Perry had to go out temporarily with an injury. Perry returned on the next series, but with two injured QBs, Miami’s offense went scoreless the rest of the second half.
So there are other explanations besides "talent"... Hoodathunkit??

Mack has the hoops team heading toward #1 in the rankings and have crushed their 2 opponents as expected. Football team loses to Miami and you’re on this board spinning it hard in favor of Jurich with an obvious slant against Tyra and Satterfield as expected. Got it.

Mack has the hoops team heading toward #1 in the rankings and have crushed their 2 opponents as expected. Football team loses to Miami and you’re on this board spinning it hard in favor of Jurich with an obvious slant against Tyra and Satterfield as expected. Got it.

He is a University of Jurich fan.

Had Jurich done the right thing and never hired patino, or rehired patrino, he'd still be here, or retired instead of being fired.

Tyra is the University of Louisville AD.
He is doing a excellent job.

That's a difference of about 0.4 stars over all five years. Which also doesn't take into account redshirting and development once the kids hit campus.

A meaningful difference, but not 25 points worth IMO which is how the oddsmakers saw the game...
Your point?

Considering the “talent” of both Miami quarterbacks was severely compromised for the entire second half of the Georgia Tech game, I’d say that the “talent” explanation is bolstered by the data points I just provided, not disproved.

Reactions: Cue Card
He is a University of Jurich fan.

Had Jurich done the right thing and never hired patino, or rehired patrino, he'd still be here, or retired instead of being fired.

Tyra is the University of Louisville AD.
He is doing a excellent job.
So you guys wanna talk about the old regime AGAIN?? :p

Considering the “talent” of both Miami quarterbacks was severely compromised for the entire second half of the Georgia Tech game, I’d say that the “talent” explanation is bolstered by the data points I just provided, not disproved.
What about the other positions? Why no class ranking analysis for GA Tech vs. Miami?...

Clearly you don’t understand what a couple of weeks means. And I once again question your knowledge of FB. Without stats BS you really add very little except smoke
And you've evidently run outta ammo...

y2i0uxr.gif

Saturday's result had a little to do with true talent, but not much...
No. Your larger point. You have a pattern of making “observations” that suggest some larger point, and then when people fill in that blank for you, you accuse them of talking about the old regime. Observations by themselves are worthless if not used to support (or refute) a larger conclusion. So, I’ll try again.

Your point?

No. Your larger point. You have a pattern of making “observations” that suggest some larger point, and then when people fill in that blank for you, you accuse them of talking about the old regime. Observations by themselves are worthless if not used to support (or refute) a larger conclusion. So, I’ll try again.

Your point?

This ^^^^

Reactions: Cue Card
What about the other positions? Why no class ranking analysis for GA Tech vs. Miami?...

the database is right here on this website. You want the comparison, go get it yourself. I’ve even given you half the data already.

It was a bad result on the field - no way to sugarcoat it but sometimes, that’s all it is and nothing more. No real need for handwringing as evidenced by the fact that the coaching staff and players are not engaging in any of that. Miami was better by 25 on the scoreboard last Saturday but, they aren’t 25 points better as a team - or a program. If the teams played again this weekend, I have zero doubt that Vegas would set the spread in single digits and UofL would have a better than average chance for the Dub.

It was a bad result on the field - no way to sugarcoat it but sometimes, that’s all it is and nothing more. No real need for handwringing as evidenced by the fact that the coaching staff and players are not engaging in any of that. Miami was better by 25 on the scoreboard last Saturday but, they aren’t 25 points better as a team - or a program. If the teams played again this weekend, I have zero doubt that Vegas would set the spread in single digits and UofL would have a better than average chance for the Dub.
And that’s football.

I took a look at the participation chart for the Cards against the Canes, to see if we were missing anybody who usually plays. I did find a few: RB Maurice Burkley, LB Quen Head, LB TJ Holl, CB PJ Mbanasor, and C TJ McCoy.

McCoy has started 6 games for us and played 7 total, but has missed the last two. His absence could certainly explain some of the false start penalties with the line. Mbanasor has been a top CB sub for us, playing in 6 games and starting one. Head has played in 8 games with one start and TJ Holl has played in 7 games.

That’s probably not enough attrition to explain the blowout loss to the U, but missing three contributors out of the defensive back seven would definitely have hurt in the second, third and forth quarters.

Your point?

the database is right here on this website. You want the comparison, go get it yourself. I’ve even given you half the data already.
You introduced the analysis, but you gave us half of an analysis. What you really did was offer one data point--how Miami and U of L compare in Rivals rankings--as evidence explaining something else.

Not too compelling unless you find consistency on that basis. And I'm not completing your analysis (finding other data points) for you when I don't believe in the cause and effect...

Senior day, home game, playing for an ACC championship.... one of the teams playing in the game Saturday had all of those things for motivation, and their coaches did a great job of using that emotion to prepare them. After UofL beat BC, Wake and Virginia,
and displaying all of that offensive firepower in each of those games, we aren’t going to sneak up on anybody else. Diaz did a great job of ensuring that his team did not overlook us.

Maybe it was partially a match-up issue? I don't know. Was at a wedding out of town missed the game.

What does Miami FLA do the best?
What is UofL's biggest issue?

We are still waiting for you to explain what that other (going back to your original post) 75-80% beyond the talent on the field was....

I actually liked your original post, which was that talent accounted for 20-25% of what we saw out there Saturday. I thought it was an interesting take - one that I don’t necessarily agree with, but I was interested in hearing more.

So where is the other 75-80%?

We are still waiting for you to explain what that other (going back to your original post) 75-80% beyond the talent on the field was....

I actually liked your original post, which was that talent accounted for 20-25% of what we saw out there Saturday. I thought it was an interesting take - one that I don’t necessarily agree with, but I was interested in hearing more.

So where is the other 75-80%?
I didn't speculate about that, nor did I have to. But it would be the usual candidates: coaching, lack of preparation, effort, and/or execution, elements you don't/can't witness until gameday. It sure as hell wasn't talent alone which you can evaluate before the game.

...Which was less than a TD spread, and most fans here had a win predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT