ADVERTISEMENT

Cards and BB scandal

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
I'm going to say it right now Cards fans don't expect to see Uk,Duke,Kan or Nc getting named in this bb scandal. We are going to be the only major program to get the brunt of the bad end of the stick. If you are paying attention to the story their is no meat and potatoes only with what we have done and those other 4 coaches that where arrested. Just watch and see what i say!

Arizona is a pretty major BBall program. And, if U.K., Duke, KU, and UNCheat don’t get named it’s becaise they didn’t do anything. As a federal LEO (NOT FBI) I can without a doubt say, while we do half ass a lot of stuff in the feds, investigations aren’t one of them. They -the FBI- don’t play favorites, and they couldn’t care less about college BBall. If there is something in these programs closet, they’ll find it. And the deeper they dig, more will be uncovered. I don’t claim to be an expert at much, but investigating/interviewing criminals/convicts is one of them. When these people involved are pushed against a wall, they’ll sing to the high heavens about everything they know and then some. So if school isn’t named, they’re more than likely innocent. I do believe though that this thing is bigger than they first thought when they initially started it.

In all honesty, no one has a clue. And it's gonna be a long time before everyone who hasn't heard anything is in the clear.

People with experience in these investigations say it will literally be years before the FBI is ready to call it quits. And I believe that only happens when nothing (more) is turning up. As long as leads and informants occasionally pop up, they'll keep waiting and digging.

Then add to that the NCAA's involvement which reportedly doesn't ramp up until the Feds are finished. That's years in the future when more years are added on.

It's hilarious watching people watch the clock ticking on this. Reminds me of the old adage of kids in the back seat on vacation..."Dad, are we there yet?" And we haven't even left the suburbs...

f602717e13d6728facdd356aa0b7173f--road-trips-funny-animal-pictures.jpg

Its really kind of funny to watch other schools including UK stating the FBI has not contacted us.
That kind of contact usually doesn't come with advance notice.

They were just answering the media who was inquiring about it. But zipp is right, these things will be at least a year in the making. However, in my experience, it tends to speed up after the initial investigation, even with more allegations and people involved, because the party investigating already has a good grasp on things and a foundational knowledge of what is going on. Still gonna be a while though. And then the NCAA, I have no idea about that, their operating procedures for things like this??? Given how long it take them to do anything anyways, and this being almost unprecedented, it’ll be yrs

BTW when I say "people with experience", I'm talking about lawyers and former investigators who have commented...

Since they are already 3 years in with the investigation I'd say the bulk is behind them. Whichever parties who were regular offenders are likely scared straight for the time being. The words "wire tap" will get your attention fast. That said, I tend to agree with everyone else. This will not be over quickly. I'd say two years

Reactions: bloodguard13
Since they are already 3 years in with the investigation I'd say the bulk is behind them. Whichever parties who were regular offenders are likely scared straight for the time being. The words "wire tap" will get your attention fast. That said, I tend to agree with everyone else. This will not be over quickly. I'd say two years

I'd be willing to say the exact opposite. It took them 3 years to find the vein with the mother load of gold. Now the real mining begins. ;)

Reactions: Deeva
Of course, once the FBI is done, then the IRS will take a turn, and possibly state authorities as well. Then comes the civil courts and lawsuits and counter suits. Whatever the outcome, there's a very long road ahead for everyone.

Reactions: Deeva
I’d almost wanna have the FBI on me instead of the IRS. Those guys are on a power trip and don’t mess around. It’ll be interesting to see how far they take this. One thing I don’t get is why they showed their hand so early? Obviously they’ll get intel from people snitching on everyone else. But by coming out with it, you gave a lot of people time to cover their tracks. I’ve seen investigations bigger than this (RICO), and we’ve came out with our information as a deterrent. I’m just wondering why they did?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT