ADVERTISEMENT

Cards Add Walk On Wing- Wyatt Battaile

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Wyatt Battaile, who helped Pikeville High reach the state's Sweet 16 last season, announced his decision via Twitter. The 6-foot-5 Battaile was originally committed to Morehead State but accepted a preferred walk-on spot with the Cardinals instead.

Battaile joins Jacob Redding and South Oldham High alum Jo Griffin among Louisville's walk-ons. He averaged 24.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game as a high school senior.

Reactions: wilkie01
No one said he signed a letter of intent, they said he originally committed to Morehead State. That was probably an oral commitment not a written commitment.

So if he did sign.....has anyone asked the Morehead St coach if he released the kid to go anywhere else?

One would think that E. Justice would want what is best for the kid in this situation.! Just saying.

I found out what the deal is with him. When he signed with Morehead, his letter was to be a redshirt walk-on. Therefore, it wasn't like a real LOI because he was going to redshirt and be a walk-on there without a scholarship. This is why there was nothing wrong with him becoming a walk-on with Louisville because he wasn't really going to be held to a scholly this year. He will be a solid walk-on and should see time during our out of conference schedule and maybe some lesser ACC teams.

I found out what the deal is with him. When he signed with Morehead, his letter was to be a redshirt walk-on. Therefore, it wasn't like a real LOI because he was going to redshirt and be a walk-on there without a scholarship. This is why there was nothing wrong with him becoming a walk-on with Louisville because he wasn't really going to be held to a scholly this year. He will be a solid walk-on and should see time during our out of conference schedule and maybe some lesser ACC teams.
Ok. Please DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. I’m sure some will anyways but... I’ll never shame or slam a KY kid no matter where he goes. But my question is, how is a kid who couldn’t even get a real scholly at morehead, gonna come in and get PT against even lesser ACC teams. I’m sorry but no way. Not saying in 4 yrs he won’t be a solid player and I hope he is. I wish him nothing but the best, I don’t care if he’s a UofL or where. But no way is this kid gonna be a solid walk on this year and see PT and contribute in games with the level UofL plays at and the teams they compete against. Hope he proves me wrong. Love see ky boys out there playing but I don’t see it unless you know something you didn’t share about him?

Ok. Please DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. I’m sure some will anyways but... I’ll never shame or slam a KY kid no matter where he goes. But my question is, how is a kid who couldn’t even get a real scholly at morehead, gonna come in and get PT against even lesser ACC teams. I’m sorry but no way. Not saying in 4 yrs he won’t be a solid player and I hope he is. I wish him nothing but the best, I don’t care if he’s a UofL or where. But no way is this kid gonna be a solid walk on this year and see PT and contribute in games with the level UofL plays at and the teams they compete against. Hope he proves me wrong. Love see ky boys out there playing but I don’t see it unless you know something you didn’t share about him?

No slam from me. But here's your answer: The roster needs bodies. There aren't enough scholarship players to hold 5 on 5 in practice. As for PT, fouls and injuries happen. The roster needs bodies.

Dropped 30 points in this game against a really good John Hardin showing up Saint Louis signee Mickey Pearson as well as Malik Wright.

Reactions: earsky
No slam from me. But here's your answer: The roster needs bodies. There aren't enough scholarship players to hold 5 on 5 in practice. As for PT, fouls and injuries happen. The roster needs bodies.
No I completley understand that aspect of it. But a solid walk on this year with PT against even bottom tier teams? I just don’t see that. But like I said I hope I’m wrong. I know people finds underrated and hidden gems all the time. I just don’t think that is likely with him this year.

Dropped 30 points in this game against a really good John Hardin showing up Saint Louis signee Mickey Pearson as well as Malik Wright.
Yea I watched him play in the sweet16 when I went up there. He’s a good player. Good shooter with some really good vision. But talent in Ky. is far from that of even bottom tier ACC teams. I see why they gave him a spot, with the bodies issue, and he’ll be solid at that in practice. But PT or a solid player in games this year..... No. but good luck to the kid either way

Yea I watched him play in the sweet16 when I went up there. He’s a good player. Good shooter with some really good vision. But talent in Ky. is far from that of even bottom tier ACC teams. I see why they gave him a spot, with the bodies issue, and he’ll be solid at that in practice. But PT or a solid player in games this year..... No. but good luck to the kid either way
But you think kids like Tandy should go sit the bench for Kentucky? Lol

No I completley understand that aspect of it. But a solid walk on this year with PT against even bottom tier teams? I just don’t see that. But like I said I hope I’m wrong. I know people finds underrated and hidden gems all the time. I just don’t think that is likely with him this year.

Fans are just being hopeful for that proverbial diamond in the rough. The tape in that link looks pretty good, the kid can shoot. Let's see if he can get some quality minutes here and there when needed and develop into a solid player.

Fans are just being hopeful for that proverbial diamond in the rough. The tape in that link looks pretty good, the kid can shoot. Let's see if he can get some quality minutes here and there when needed and develop into a solid player.
Every now and then a Preston Knowles, a Brian Kiser or a Dicky Beal surfaces from right underneath the noses of major programs whose eyes are focused on the stars. And we are blessed.

Reactions: earsky and KenSucky
Wyatt Battaile, who helped Pikeville High reach the state's Sweet 16 last season, announced his decision via Twitter. The 6-foot-5 Battaile was originally committed to Morehead State but accepted a preferred walk-on spot with the Cardinals instead.

Battaile joins Jacob Redding and South Oldham High alum Jo Griffin among Louisville's walk-ons. He averaged 24.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game as a high school senior.

Thanks, this is good news.

We have plenty of guards. This guy will just be used and help with practice. Kind of like Levitch. He may get a few minutes by the time he’s a senior but we didn’t need this guy. He’s a walk on. No reason to over or underplay him. He’s just a guy who’s gonna practice hard.

We have plenty of guards. This guy will just be used and help with practice. Kind of like Levitch. He may get a few minutes by the time he’s a senior but we didn’t need this guy. He’s a walk on. No reason to over or underplay him. He’s just a guy who’s gonna practice hard.
Is that CCM’s recruitment speech?

But you think kids like Tandy should go sit the bench for Kentucky? Lol
Seeing both play, this kid isn’t Tandy. Or even close to it. But what does that question have to do with anything remotely close to this? Expecting Tandy to sit anywhere for a couple years is as crazy as thinking this kid will be getting PT this year. But once again, that comment has nothing to do with the topic at hand

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT