ADVERTISEMENT

Card Chronicle Article on Petrino

Very interesting article. I would have argued with him in 2014, but not now. Although I will admit I did have concerns about his ability to hire coaches from day one.

Reactions: wilkie01
Wrong on several points. One of which is that he’s not running the same offense he ran before. He may have a point with no body wanting to work with Bobby, but van Gorder was employed at OSU, I believe though not as a coach. So far I have no complaints with how he’s done his job. Just a ton of speculation.

The people whining about Petrino's assistants are the same people who welcomed Sirmon to replace Grantham and Summers to replace Klenakis. IOW, critics lack credibility when all they do is whine about assistants and say ridiculous things like "anyone else is better".

The rest of us need to read past headlines and have memories that last longer than two days...

The people whining about Petrino's assistants are the same people who welcomed Sirmon to replace Grantham and Summers to replace Klenakis. IOW, critics lack credibility when all they do is whine about assistants and say ridiculous things like "anyone else is better".

The rest of us need to read past headlines and have memories that last longer than two days...
That’s not entirely factual. I (along with many others) thought the sirmon thing would be disastrous and we were proven correct. I (along with many others) thought the summers hiring was the right move and I still think that will also be proven to be correct.

My (and many others) problem with the staff as outlined in the other thread is the troubling pattern of losing assistants to lateral positions and replacing them only with family members, guys from his coaching circle, or retreads.

Reactions: GoldCard
It is always easier to “place blame” than to pass out accolades. LD Scott played football here and played pretty well as I remember. Nick Petrino was a pretty good QB at Trinity HS as I remember and has followed his dad pretty much everywhere he’s gone to from Arkansas to WKU. I believe he played at Georgetown College but I could be mistaken on that count. But as I remember it one of Nick’s assistant coaches at Trinity was a guy named Oscar Brohm. I guess we could go on and on and on with this but I don’t really want to. I think my point has been made. Do we have room for improvement? Oh yeah we do. Kinda like a huge room. Let’s all hope that that turn around starts today with FSU.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I call BS on that. I wanted a replacement for 3rd and Grantham and Sirmon wasn’t even in the same stratosphere of who I wanted.

I call BS on that. I wanted a replacement for 3rd and Grantham and Sirmon wasn’t even in the same stratosphere of who I wanted.
I guess we got who we could get to replace TG. Something else that needs to be considered when we demand change...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT