ADVERTISEMENT

Cape Cod Summer League

BooneCo_Card

4500+
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2005
Is anyone here familiar with the league? Do we have anyone playing summer ball there? I lost track of our program the last few years and am not up-to-date on our roster.

I was aware of the league but w/o any real knowledge. A lot of MLB players played there during the college off-season. They have their own broadcasts on capeleaguetv.com and I tuned in the other night. Not bad.

8 players are in the league. Biven and Forbes (working with team USA); Klein, Detmers, Hatman, West and Lippe.

Zion Rose is also playing on the Collegiate National Team Roster but on the Summer League roster. Forbes and Biven are the only other Louisville guys listed and they are on the International Friendship Series roster. And for those who are curious, Rose is listed as a C only. Perhaps how he does will help him decide his future. Also interesting is that Skylar Meade is listed as the pitching coach for the Friendship team.

Nate Earley is also playing in the CCBL.

Here is a list of all of the summer ball assignments, incoming transfers included: https://sillybass9.wixsite.com/summer-cards/post/summer-league-stats
I didn't see King Jr. on the list. You still thinking he's getting drafted?

Btw,that list is basically the guys that will bring our program out of the ashes. There is talent there and we need all those pitchers to be healthy and ready for the biggest stage of their lives.

Btw,that list is basically the guys that will bring our program out of the ashes. There is talent there and we need all those pitchers to be healthy and ready for the biggest stage of their lives.
Draft is next week. King Jr. is listed as possibly the highest draft potential of any Cardinal being considered as a 5 tool player...

Eddie isn’t playing summer ball, so he isn’t on the list.

I’ve seen him on some “Top 300/400/500” Draft Boards. Even with a 20 round draft, that indicates a high probability of being drafted. Especially since he is a college player. He is also very toolsy. Scouts love tools; combine that with his ACC production…yes I still think he gets drafted.

If he doesn’t get drafted, that would be great for our outfield if he returns. He could still enter the portal during the next window, though.

Yeah,if true about him rating high with the tools, he's gone one way or another probably. At 21,his time is now to get under contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT