ADVERTISEMENT

Canyon Barry Has UofL

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
as one of the finalists on his transfer list.

How Louisville plans to fill its remaining scholarship could also make an impact on the Cards' outlook. Canyon Barry, a 6-6 wing who is pursuing a graduate transfer from College of Charleston, listed Louisville among his finalists, and the Cards are in the early stages of recruiting other fifth-year seniors or unsigned high school prospects. They could, however, fill the last scholarship with a transfer who would have to sit out this season.

What do you guys think of him? He is the youngest son of Rick Barry.

Can he help Onuaku perfect the granny free throw shot? If so then sign him!! :D

Lol I was thinking the same. Can you imagine two guys on the same team shooting free throws granny style after all the pub that Nanu got every single time he went to the FT line?

Reactions: OneEarWonder
Okay, adding both him and Hicks as graduate transfers plus King would be three new people on scholarship. I think Levitch was given a one year scholarship last year because it was available. So, these three new guys plus the other nine returning scholarship players (returners minus Levitch) gives us twelve guys on scholarship for 2016-17. Maybe Levitch will get to keep his this year.

this is why Frankie Hughes was probably released from his commitment. He would have taken up a scholarship for 4 years when we would have to give up 2. Canyon Barry can come in as an experienced player, be a "done-and-one" and we give up that scholarship anyways after he leaves. He'll be a much more productive player than Hughes would have been in a 1-year situation.

Okay, adding both him and Hicks as graduate transfers plus King would be three new people on scholarship. I think Levitch was given a one year scholarship last year because it was available. So, these three new guys plus the other nine returning scholarship players (returners minus Levitch) gives us twelve guys on scholarship for 2016-17. Maybe Levitch will get to keep his this year.

If the chips fall like that I imagine Levitch would be on scholarship again. Unless Pitino is looking to get another commit/transfer player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT