ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone get open on this team?

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
Making Lamar look bad again. Great route on the long throw by James Quick but nobody seems to be able to get open underneath.

What ever happened to the crossing routes and mismatches that BP used to routinely exploit? Can't blame it on the O-line so far.

I have been saying this the last four weeks of the season. It is play calling!! No screens. No quick game. No draws. We want to drop back and pass when the line can't hold up. No adjustments at all all season long!! Not sure what Petrino is doing anymore with the offense.

Way too many long developing routes. You would think 12 games in we would realize OL is not a strength and call play to mitigate that.

Well they are only rushing 4 and still getting pressure which means they are able to cover up everyone..
True but there have been some one on one battles that our receivers are losing every time. LSU's D is obviously as good as advertised.

No adjustments. Again

Way too many long developing routes. You would think 12 games in we would realize OL is not a strength and call play to mitigate that.
Thats what I wonder too. Depending on Lamar to be Superman seems to be a strategy now. Whatever happened to helping your QB?

Reactions: BPGhost
Mahoney and McNeil just called out by announcers. Missing blocks; getting beat one on one.
Go figure. McNeil was a stud against FSU and has been going downhill since.

Bad vibe hanging over this team for awhile now. Need to get a score here before half.

Too many failures by the OL again. Hard to do anything when your QB has someone in his face as soon as he gets the snap.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Too many failures by the OL again. Hard to do anything when your QB has someone in his face as soon as he gets the snap.
Embarrassing. I feel for Lamar, he seems to play as if he has faith in this crap O-line. That's dangerous.

Embarrassing. I feel for Lamar, he seems to play as if he has faith in this crap O-line. That's dangerous.
What choice does he have? Also, frankly, some of this is on LJ. He needs more situational awareness and get rid of the ball faster, even if incomplete. He has missed a couple of open receivers, also. But mostly, you're right - the OL stinks.

Reactions: BPGhost
What choice does he have? Also, frankly, some of this is on LJ. He needs more situational awareness and get rid of the ball faster, even if incomplete. He has missed a couple of open receivers, also. But mostly, you're right - the OL stinks.
The choice would be self preservation as in running out of the pocket sooner but LJ is all guts.
Lamar has not been sharp but QBs like to get in a rhythm and I don't think Tom Brady could find any rhythm playing in this offensive right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT