ADVERTISEMENT

'Breaking Cardinal Rules' listed as required reading for students in one U of L class

Look, I really don't care. I'm even a racist--I hate Vandili's. All that is in the past though. It is amazing that most UK fan's try to defend your past. Embrace it. It is who your are.

Anyways, this thread completely went off topic. I just made a point that UK has garbage in their past that is not anything better than UofL's current situation. Got it? I'm out. Going to celebrate the Cards' win in a responsible manner.

Why would I embrace something that isn't true?

Look, I really don't care. I'm even a racist--I hate Vandili's. All that is in the past though. It is amazing that most UK fan's try to defend your past. Embrace it. It is who your are.

Anyways, this thread completely went off topic. I just made a point that UK has garbage in their past that is not anything better than UofL's current situation. Got it? I'm out. Going to celebrate the Cards' win in a responsible manner.

Perhaps the most idiotic thing I have seen on a message board, and I've spent plenty of time on Rafters.

I'm a UK fan. I was born in Northern Ontario in 1975. For the record, I don't care how Rupp conducted himself - it's not part of "my past." There are tens of thousands of people in US history who have had a much more negative impact on the growth of this country than Adolph Rupp did. Was he a racist? I really don' care. Nothing Adolph Rupp did has an iota of influence on my life. Zero. So if you could explain how that is "part of my past," I will gladly embrace it.

I'll also point out that if you are white and have ancestors from the south, there is a high probability that your ancestors went to war and were willing to kill people in the name of racism. So there's that.

Last edited:
Perhaps the most idiotic thing I have seen on a message board, and I've spent plenty of time on Rafters.

I'm a UK fan. I was born in Northern Ontario in 1975. For the record, I don't care how Rupp conducted himself - it's not part of "my past." There are tens of thousands of people in US history who have had a much more negative impact on the growth of this country than Adolph Rupp did. Was he a racist? I really don' care. Nothing Adolph Rupp did has an iota of influence on my life. Zero. So if you could explain how that is "part of my past," I will gladly embrace it.

I'll also point out that if you are white and have ancestors from the south, there is a high probability that your ancestors went to war and were willing to kill people in the name of racism. So there's that.
I'm not from the south and none of my ancestors are. Congrats if yours are, and I'm sure they are. You support a school that has a racial past. Again, embrace it. It is who you are.

I'll also point out that if you are white and have ancestors from the south, there is a high probability that your ancestors went to war and were willing to kill people in the name of racism. So there's that.[/QUOTE

Of course you 'don't care'. As long as UaK wins, right?

Of course you 'don't care'. As long as UaK wins, right?
Sorry, posted this before I saw Uk lost. Ok, I'm not really sorry. Couldn't happen to a better 'class' of fans. At least, you won't be on this board for awhile pumping out your chests.

I'm not from the south and none of my ancestors are. Congrats if yours are, and I'm sure they are. You support a school that has a racial past. Again, embrace it. It is who you are.

Can you read guy? I was born in Northern Ontario. That's not "the south," in case you need the geography lesson. And no, I don't care what happened 25 years prior to when I was born.

I just answered my own question. Clearly, you can't read.

Can you read guy? I was born in Northern Ontario. That's not "the south," in case you need the geography lesson. And no, I don't care what happened 25 years prior to when I was born.

I just answered my own question. Clearly, you can't read.
I guarantee my ass is smarter than you are guy. Clearly I can read, and I would say I'm much smarter than you are any day tough guy. You say you're from Ontario but you write like you're a little girl from Lexington.

Do you have a smartphone? Or a TV? Or a computer? If so, you support a country that sneak attacked us in 1941 and subsequently tried to destroy us during a world conflict. Embrace that.

I guarantee my ass is smarter than you are guy. Clearly I can read, and I would say I'm much smarter than you are any day tough guy. You say you're from Ontario but you write like you're a little girl from Lexington.

You're welcome to join myself, zipp, senore, et al for drinks when we get together. We will try to keep the conversation at your level, and I'll bring some wine coolers for you. The bourbon is for the adults.

Reactions: JohnCard28
Do you have a smartphone? Or a TV? Or a computer? If so, you support a country that sneak attacked us in 1941 and subsequently tried to destroy us during a world conflict. Embrace that.
What the f are you talking about? Are you insane?

Reactions: JohnKBA
You're welcome to join myself, zipp, senore, et al for drinks when we get together. We will try to keep the conversation at your level, and I'll bring some wine coolers for you. The bourbon is for the adults.
Nice trying to talk 'down' to me. It must suck that I'm smarter and more successful than your little girly ass will ever be.

En
Enjoy your loss tonight. Embrace it. I certainly did.

What the f are you talking about? Are you insane?

No, I'm attempting to show you how stupid your position is.

You're telling me to embrace the fact that I support an institution with a racial past - even though my own past has no inclination of racism whatsoever. The same way that this generation of Japanese people have no connection to their predecessors who went to war with us. You feel you should hold it against me and paint me as a racist because of my choice in rooting interests, but I'm sure you don't hold it against Japanese or German people whose past includes much, much worse incidents than a coach who didn't recruit a black kid until the 1960s.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
No, I'm attempting to show you how stupid your position is.

You're telling me to embrace the fact that I support an institution with a racial past - even though my own past has no inclination of racism whatsoever. The same way that this generation of Japanese people have no connection to their predecessors who went to war with us. You feel you should hold it against me and paint me as a racist because of my choice in rooting interests, but I'm sure you don't hold it against Japanese or German people whose past includes much, much worse incidents than a coach who didn't recruit a black kid until the 1960s.
Japanese, what? Where are you going with this? You hate Japanese too? You need to get some serious help.

Yeah, it was a tough loss. We are mediocre this year. I doubt another Final Four run is in our future this year. Our frontcourt is miserable.
Look, I'm just having fun with you. There's much more important things in life than games or Katina Powell.

Japanese, what? Where are you going with this? You hate Japanese too? You need to get some serious help.

There I go giving you too much credit again.

Look up "analogy" in the dictionary. It might help you follow the conversation better.

Look, I'm just having fun with you. There's much more important things in life than games or Katina Powell.

Sheesh man. I was on the fence about whether or not this was schtick. Well played, and cheers on the victory over the Dukies today. Always good to see them go down.

Hug it out?

Reactions: JohnCard28
All I am getting at here is that if you dig deep enough into the history of any group - racial, religious, political, etc- you are highly likely to find some ugly stuff.

My apologies to you and the board for getting defensive. Cheers John.

Again - no offense but that's crap. Plenty of human trafficking that goes on locally every Derby season. This is an agenda - thumb in the eye to the university type of deal.

I think her agenda is more of a slap to the athletics program than the university. A lot of professors can't stand sports, and when issues like this arise they try to distance themselves.

I think her agenda is more of a slap to the athletics program than the university. A lot of professors can't stand sports, and when issues like this arise they try to distance themselves.

This.
Ive stated it before, many in Academia at UofL, loathe sports, and the two highest profile coaches.

Also a uofk professor did this with their scandal in the 90s.

Who cares.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT