ADVERTISEMENT

Boys in Blue are Blowin Up!

We are suppose to stand quietly by as you waste millions of taxpayers dollars on an extravagent stadium expansion that is not needed or deserved.

Their thread on the subject went up at 10:19 and has a 110 replies of craziness already.

UK Thread LINK
They are about to lose one of their main talking points about why they are better than us. Never mind that they are a charter member in the $EC that just REDUCED the size of their stadium. Without this they will only be left with recruiting, and that has been a charade from the get go. And the disinformation in that thread is too funny. Green is not your color cat fans. They are THE MOST predictable fan base in America.

We are suppose to stand quietly by as you waste millions of taxpayers dollars on an extravagent stadium expansion that is not needed or deserved.

TPUfnmb.gif

Do your homework homer. We don't use taxpayer dollars to build our stadiums, which is why they get built. But talking about wasting, how about wasting money to REDUCE the size of your stadium. Too funny!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Homer, we raise our own funds. We are the flagship football team in this state. It's time for you guys to realize that. I tell you what, EXPAND commonfilth again so you can lose another 6000 seats. What a joke. After each build or expansion our avg attendance has gone up. And as for YOUR assertion on your board that we have to give free tics to Ford , GE, or Humana to get people to go , that is an outright lie. I work for GE. My brother for Ford. Neither of us have been offered free or cheap seats. If you know someone that is, I will gladly buy them from them. I'm all for an open forum, but outright liars should be banned.

I may be technically suspect, but I cannot find that thread on Wildcat Liar now. Must have been taken down.

It was taken down while I was there LAUGHING at those IDIOTS responses

JOKE was PISSED...So was C1180, Stuck In Big Ten, UK Eric...ETC...ETC...ETC...TOO FUNNY!!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do your homework homer. We don't use taxpayer dollars to build our stadiums, which is why they get built. But talking about wasting, how about wasting money to REDUCE the size of your stadium. Too funny!!!
Assuming I've done the math correctly, U of L is increasing 182 seats for every million dollars of football stadium investment. LPT is getting -41 seats for every million of their project.

Any clearer distinction between the two programs?

LPT Football: We'd like to at least get rid of the minus signs...

Their thread on the subject went up at 10:19 and has a 110 replies of craziness already....
Humor in its purest form. I've only made it through two pages so far--couldn't see through the tears.

LPT Football: You have to laugh...

Last edited:
Fairly new to the game. Why would they take down a thread? I thought that was what forums were for, to express opinions.

Fairly new to the game. Why would they take down a thread? I thought that was what forums were for, to express opinions.

That was an odd reaction to the thread. It was started by a UK poster, so I'm not sure why it was deleted.

The sad fact of the matter is that UofL will not be able to use Commonwealth of Kentucky bonds for this project because the state legislature would not approve bonds for an expansion of PJCS that will be bigger than Commonwealth Stadium.

This point is a great indication of just how far ahead Jurich has thought on this project. He made sure to ask for bonding for the expansion to 55K, because while the state legislature was reluctant to approve the bonds (delaying the open by a year) our stadium was still 15K smaller than UKs. We weren't threatening to overtake Commonwealth's capacity, so the bonding wasn't a political hot potato that it will be this time around.

This is why he will go for corporate donations, loge and suite sales, and likely a $5 to $10 per ticket price increase to pay for the expansion this time around. And it has also been about 20 years since he went before the corporate community and fans for funds to build/expand PJCS, so the fundraising should be a little easier than if he had went to the business community back in 2007-8.

Since ul has 55 million laying around perhaps they should pay the taxpayers back the money that you stole for the yum? Our basketball program, which I dont need to remind you is the greatest of all time, is playing in an arena that is in great need of improvements. Rupp Arena could not get proper financing from the state because of the scam ul ran to build the yum, and our team is forced to play in a venue that is not fitting for such an elite program. Now, all of a sudden ul has access to all this money after tricking UK fans into paying for the yum. If ul needs more seats for the UK game (the only time that place is full), it should rent some temporary bleachers and put them somewhere and give the money to the state to spend on a team that is truly deserving and beloved by the vast majority of taxpaying citizens in the commonwealth.

It was started by a uk poster that said "we let little brother pass big sister by reducing CW " and PJCS expanding. I read the 1st two pages, it was so funny. One poster claims that Ford gives away free tickets to the games at PJCS. My brother has worked there for 22 years and has never mentioned that.

Last edited:
Reactions: American Male
Since ul has 55 million laying around perhaps they should pay the taxpayers back the money that you stole for the yum? Our basketball program, which I dont need to remind you is the greatest of all time, is playing in an arena that is in great need of improvements. Rupp Arena could not get proper financing from the state because of the scam ul ran to build the yum, and our team is forced to play in a venue that is not fitting for such an elite program. Now, all of a sudden ul has access to all this money after tricking UK fans into paying for the yum. If ul needs more seats for the UK game (the only time that place is full), it should rent some temporary bleachers and put them somewhere and give the money to the state to spend on a team that is truly deserving and beloved by the vast majority of taxpaying citizens in the commonwealth.
No UCLA is greatest of all time in bball.
UK game only game PJ full? NO.. FSU and Miami drew more fans last year than UK. UK turned tickets back in. I guess they knew what was going to happen.
UL represents the state in football so we need the best facilities. The 2nd best team in state WKU needs upgrades. So UK being #3 should be grateful for what they have. Oh, and BTW on a % of capcity of stadium full UL leads UK, so UK downsizing makes sense.

You already got blown out of the water for your erroneous first post in the thread. Wise move not to try and refute the fact that you were miserably ignorant about funds and funding.

It's just as obvious without even fact checking you that you're even more clueless about YUM.

As for Rupp (named after one of the biggest asses in human history), well, that's your mess to fix, but I will throw you a clue. Maybe change your poor attitude and suck up to our tax base (and corporations) instead of being a snotty, ignorant mess and we (the people of Louisville, the only place in Kentucky that matters) will help you upgrade your little Rupp box.

In the meantime, maybe ponder that if your Athletic Department wasn't so busy spending money shrinking stadiums they might've come up with a plan for Rupp (including the admirable self-funding options that have led the way nationwide when it comes to college athletic facilities).

homerblue .... not sure who you really are, but I love your posting .... you've pretty much got the big blue poster mentality down. My question is, do you have a real Cardinal poster ID too?

Fantastic fishing ... love that you are stirring up the blue bellies on their board, and post enough tripe on these forums so it's pretty obvious you're playing a part, except to the big blue mods.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Rupp IS a dump, and has been since the early 1990's. Love that Cali-vacate is stuck playing in an aluminum barn.

Reactions: Deeva

What an idiot.

Reactions: Deeva
Some UK fans feel like they have to be superior to Louisville in every way. They can't accept that Louisville is better in some things. As an example, Louisville has one of the top basketball facilities in the nation, and Rupp Arena pales in comparison. When Jurich first decided to let UK into the Yum for Tournament games I thought it was a bad idea, but after the fact I think it was good for the Big Blue Faithful to enjoy the Yum experience so they can really know just how much better our arena is.

And now we have this football stadium expansion, in the wake of UK's stadium shrinkage. There is no legitimate way to spin it. We will have more seats. We have them beaten in # seats. And it will drive them absolutely up the wall. It's all about UK superiority, ego, and arrogance. The irony is that most Louisville fans couldn't care less about who has more seats, but we're happy to laugh at folks who get red in the face over the issue.

One of the posts I saw re-broadcast from that infamous deleted thread, talked about how Jurich did this expansion just to stick it to UK. That is the most bizarre logic. Jurich sets a much higher bar than UK for the UofL football program.

I thought the reason UK had to expand the stadium while losing seats was that their asses had gotten fatter

Several posters in the thread that was deleted were saying that Mitch was planning on replacing the bleachers with seat backs in 2016...If so, they'll lose a few thousand more seats.

:)

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
UK didn't reduce seating because of attendance. It was a necessary evil to build suites and a state of the art recruiting room with a walkout patio to the student section. It was all student seating that was lost. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Until Joker wrecked what Brooks was building our attendance was consistently higher than UL's. UK fans have always had solid attendance even in bad years. It took fans refusing to go to the games to force Mitch to fire Joker and pour money into the football program. Fans will pack the stadium again soon enough

UK didn't reduce seating because of attendance. It was a necessary evil to build suites and a state of the art recruiting room with a walkout patio to the student section. It was all student seating that was lost. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Until Joker wrecked what Brooks was building our attendance was consistently higher than UL's. UK fans have always had solid attendance even in bad years. It took fans refusing to go to the games to force Mitch to fire Joker and pour money into the football program. Fans will pack the stadium again soon enough

Nobody said you reduced seating due to attendance...HOWEVER...How come when Alabama and Texas A&M renovated their stadiums they didn't reduce the number of seats...YET they too added Suites and Updated their Recruiting and Weight Training Rooms...So IS Louisville!!!

We had CRAP-DORK...He DESTROYED a 12-1 Orange Bowl Winning Team that was picked Preseason #6 the following year...PaPa Brooks got you to Memphis etc...

Now, with all that said, UK has some TREMENDIOUS Fan Support for a product that has SUCKED for the MOST PART since Bear Bryant...I SALUTE Them and You!!!

:cool:

You blueys talk about Joker as if he were a natural disaster that befell upon your program unexpectedly--but the actual truth is your administration appointed him court jester years in advance and your fans BRAGGED about him years in advance---you smack talked about JOKER until it was all the fans in red ever heard from you--when "Joker comes to town..." etc.

Your AD is perhaps the biggest nitwit in all of athletic history but please, please, please keep talking about JOKER while the real JOKER is still behind that curtain. By the way, what "Brooks was building" was a lofty 6 win program...your greatest aspiration. It almost makes me feel dirty to ridicule you all since you do such a great job of self-parody all by your selves. Someone caused your shrinkage but it wasn't JOKER.

You blueys talk about Joker as if he were a natural disaster that befell upon your program unexpectedly--but the actual truth is your administration appointed him court jester years in advance and your fans BRAGGED about him years in advance---you smack talked about JOKER until it was all the fans in red ever heard from you--when "Joker comes to town..." etc.

Your AD is perhaps the biggest nitwit in all of athletic history but please, please, please keep talking about JOKER while the real JOKER is still behind that curtain. By the way, what "Brooks was building" was a lofty 6 win program...your greatest aspiration. It almost makes me feel dirty to ridicule you all since you do such a great job of self-parody all by your selves. Someone caused your shrinkage but it wasn't JOKER.

They bragged about Joker just like they brag about Stoops. The names change but the song remains the same.

No one can know for sure what would have happened, but if Louisville had a competent coach during the Kragthorpe era, it's reasonable to question whether UK would have gone to any Bowls during that time, which is now considered one of the 2 or 3 golden eras of UK football. As is often the case, UK's success is predicated on opponents getting worse, not on UK getting better.

Cough. It was really our money to begin with Homer. You boys don't generate a whole lot of tax money. And you've been suckling from our cities tit for too long. We can't help it your cities founders decided to locate it in the middle of a cow field. Try a major water source next time. In reality, Lexington is a burden for the whole state.

Great article in C.J. about the need to expand PJCS. (I read on line). Anyhow, there are several things u k fans can't stand.
1. U of L dominance over them in football.
2. U of L football stadium nicer and now will seat more fans.
3. Rick's jersey hanging in their basketball barn,

3. Rick's jersey hanging in their basketball barn,

Is it possible that this is the greatest troll job ever?

Step 1. Take UK job and get name hung in Dump Arena.
Step 2. Leave UK for a NBA job to provide cover.
Step 3. Take UofL job, keep it longer, win another NC, laugh daily.

Well played Rick, well played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT