ADVERTISEMENT

Both hilarious and despicable...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
Listening to an LPT sports radio podcast from tonite, and they're getting a larger-than-normal number of calls about U of L football. In the half hour or so of the recording so far, I'll bet I've heard a half-dozen mentions of the how great U of L is as long as Lamar "stays healthy".

It's comical how desperate a fanbase they are with the difference in our respective programs. At the same time and in Shakespearean fashion, it's also telling how much they're couching their opinions and latent desires on something that hasn't happened. To salvage some thread of their LPT dignity, true slapd!cks are hoping for something adverse to happen to a kid playing football.

Because that's their only hope in the foreseeable future. If Lamar "stays healthy", they know that Petrino will score as many points as he wants in the last game, not to mention what the postseason may hold. Adversity always brings someone's true colors to the surface, and there may have never been a more hideous shade of blue. The only thing missing so far is Grover starting a thread on the subject...

Pretty much dead on IMO but the true reason is that they see Lamar as the one who truly brings the national spotlight to Louisville Football and that tortures their insignificant souls. That way they can dream about when he leaves, as if the coaching, player studs and Jawon Pass are going to disappear.

Sweet dreams Mildcats.

They truly want both Lamar to be the only reason UofL football is rocking and to whistle past their own football graveyard that their true big brother just can't be the top to bottom dominant team that gave them and dirtbag Lorenzen's the squirts Saturday afternoon.

#3 and rising

Funny they think we're a one trick pony with LJ.

First time their O looked like much was when they're 5 star, all-world, program saving QB went down.

But we're done with LJ?

Gotta just consider the source.

No other program in the country becomes weakened if their best player gets injured. Only Louisville.

Zipp they are not wishing injury on him, however. They are just discrediting the rest of the roster, even though there are countless draft picks to be found on this team.

Fans have to dig real deep for their defense mechanism when their rival is rolling.

We have three (LJ, Bolin, Pass) Qb's on our roster that are significantly better than their best option.
The plan is to red shirt Pass so I suspect that Reggie is 3rd on the QB depth chart.

We are not a 1 trick pony team, but the offense is not as good with Bolin starting. Jackson is head and shoulders above him. What most seem to be overlooking even today is the defense this team puts on the field. We've got a solid defense. If the offense ever does struggle, we'll still be in games because of the defense IMO.

The plan is to red shirt Pass so I suspect that Reggie is 3rd on the QB depth chart.

We are not a 1 trick pony team, but the offense is not as good with Bolin starting. Jackson is head and shoulders above him. What most seem to be overlooking even today is the defense this team puts on the field. We've got a solid defense. If the offense ever does struggle, we'll still be in games because of the defense IMO.

You're right. LJ goes out, the Cards aren't as good. I'd say that would be true for any team lucky to have him, though.

As for Bolin, I'd say he would start for almost any team that does not have Lamar Jackson.

You must have listened to the larry glover show OP.

Larry was very complimentary of the Cards. Yet he always had a but what if.
He's been complimentary before, in a passive aggressive way.
He did say UofL should have jump to # 1 , if Bama had lost.
If also said, 'lets wait and see if UofL can do it on the road' or the new SuCkS
talking point, 'what if Lamar gets hurt?

I trust Bolin and Bonnafon ( who won at Notre dame scoring 3 TDs) will be/
could be game managers. Its a long season and attrition is factored in.

I picked UofL to go 11-1. 12-0 seems attainable with no major injuries.

Back to the show. Between the compliments about UofL, the callers were braggin
about their version of Lamar, the johnson QB who threw for 300+ yds. Larry reminded
them it was against the #122 defense. Gabe then called and went off that he didnt
want to hear ANY UofL talk, because the Cards hadn't done anything and FSU was overrated. I didnt see that one coming-rolleyes.

Then two older callers, uofk fans in their 60s said they were pulling for UofL , because
they represent the State. That Tennessee is THEIR rival. Larry reminded them that
you cant consider it a rivalry going 1-32 the last 33 games.

Of course have the callers wanted Barnfart fired for not hiring Petrino. I wish
someone would tell them, that "IF" Petrino ad taken that crummy job, he would
have left for UofL the moment it came open.

The show is a blast to listen to when uofk loses-football or basketball. I
never miss it.

...Zipp they are not wishing injury on him, however. They are just discrediting the rest of the roster, even though there are countless draft picks to be found on this team...
Don't kid yourself. There are some vile minds in that fanbase. We've seen plenty of examples over the years. I mentioned one nutjob above...

Reactions: American Male
You must have listened to the larry glover show OP.

Larry was very complimentary of the Cards. Yet he always had a but what if.
He's been complimentary before, in a passive aggressive way.
He did say UofL should have jump to # 1 , if Bama had lost.
If also said, 'lets wait and see if UofL can do it on the road' or the new SuCkS
talking point, 'what if Lamar gets hurt?...
Yeah, I listen to it regularly because he gets a lot of calls and many of them on U of L. You're right about him and his giggles and backhanded U of L compliments. But he's an LPT fan/grad, so you have to filter that.

It's kinda hard at the moment not to give U of L props, and most of their fans are doing that--not that I care. I listen to LPT programming mostly to enjoy slapd!ck misery, which makes these times about as good as they get.

In fairness, I started the thread not having listened to all of the podcast. I don't know if later callers were responding to the earlier ones or not. But a topic started about whether LPT fans could enjoy and embrace U of L's football success this season. Several callers said that was possible.

We know from experience that there are LPT basketball fans who support U of L football. And I see some of their fans occasionally opening the door and taking a peek inside here. As much as I ride their hardcore fans, I'm not one to refuse someone who genuinely wants to make the change. No one's probably noticed, but I've stopped closing football posts with my insulting "LPT Football" slogans.

Who knows? In a few weeks, I might start calling them "UK"... Which is pretty damned ironic because the "LPT" label may apply more now than when Matt Hayes coined it.

LPT Football: (Oops, old habits!...)

Reactions: Mayoman
The way most UK fans are/have converted is by becoming UL football fans first and slowly but surely the red seeps in. Especially after they see all the ugly on the blue side directed at UL and decide they no longer want to be one of those people.

UK will be fine. The season is a marathon not a sprint. UofL is peaking and will fade. Now that we have a Lamar-like QB UK is slowly gaining momentum like the little train. Even last weekend,facing the adversity we did we matched UofL point for point. Coach Stoops team is climbing in the rankings. I for one want Lamar to stay healthy, no excuses when Big Matt and Kash are chasing him down.

UK will be fine. The season is a marathon not a sprint. UofL is peaking and will fade. Now that we have a Lamar-like QB UK is slowly gaining momentum like the little train. Even last weekend,facing the adversity we did we matched UofL point for point. Coach Stoops team is climbing in the rankings. I for one want Lamar to stay healthy, no excuses when Big Matt and Kash are chasing him down.

Yes, Johnson is a dead ringer for Jackson.

Reactions: Cue Card and zipp
Finebaum was asked about Louisville today, and he said he wants to wait until week 5 to decide if Louisville is for real. He said that if Louisville beats Clemson, he would have to rank them ahead of Alabama, because Bama has UK in week 5, which doesn't do anything for them. That's what he said...

It's such a sorry group to be a fan of a one trick pony institution like UK. Which, if that's where your loyalties lie - fine just own it, admit it and deal with it. Most UK fans I know give me some garbage like:

"Go Cats" for Basketball

But then it's...
"Go Bama" for Football

Might as well be...
"Go Boston U" for Hockey and
"Go Syracuse" for LaCross
...too.

Come on, Man, just own it!! All of it!!

Finebaum was asked about Louisville today, and he said he wants to wait until week 5 to decide if Louisville is for real. He said that if Louisville beats Clemson, he would have to rank them ahead of Alabama, because Bama has UK in week 5, which doesn't do anything for them. That's what he said...

That's like saying if Bama would beat Ohio St. on the road, then I'd say they're for real this year, but until then I'm reserving judgement. You don't have to beat a Top 5 team on the road, to prove your worth. The body of work for the season will prove it. Winning road games vs. playoff contenders is not the sole defining moment. Look at who you beat, by how much and how you played in wins and losses to determine who is "for real".

I think it's fair to say LJ is a key contributor to any Playoff push. But even if he weren't available we could still have a pretty good season. We have great coaching, great player development, and some depth especially at QB.

It's not going to be like, our 1991 team? I think that was the team where our QB went down and we were stuck with a guy with a pro wrestling future as QB. Not pretty. We had zero depth back then, as we were a program just getting started.

Maybe we lose a few games we wouldn't have without LJ, but we can still compete at a high level and still go to a major bowl. Just maybe not the Playoff. But as someone else pointed out, whose playoff run would survive if their best player went out with an injury? Not many. It's competitive at the top and unfortunately injuries often play a big role in who ends up winning.

I TELL YE! IF I SEES ME SOME SOMMMBEEECH THAT NEEDS A LERNIN, I'LL HOLLAR AT THAT SOMMMMMBEECH! HEY, YOUS A DAMN SOMMMBEEECH, YOUS A GONNA GIT LERNT! AND IF YOU SEES ME A RUNNIN, YE BEST FOLLER ME IF YE KNOW THE BEST THING FOR YE!

Someone's been watching Lord of the Rings. Again. ;)

I TELL YE! IF I SEES ME SOME SOMMMBEEECH THAT NEEDS A LERNIN, I'LL HOLLAR AT THAT SOMMMMMBEECH! HEY, YOUS A DAMN SOMMMBEEECH, YOUS A GONNA GIT LERNT! AND IF YOU SEES ME A RUNNIN, YE BEST FOLLER ME IF YE KNOW THE BEST THING FOR YE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT