ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby haters better think twice

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Purdue coach Jeff Brohm, for example, has a school buyout of about $15.8 million!

Not to mention their is going to be a few real bigtime FB jobs opening up this week ie Florida etc so i don't understand what coach fans think U of L is going to get better than Petrino . I think this fan base has really forgot who we really are in the FB pecking order.

All Bobby needs to do is Jettison Sirmon and go get someone that can do the job well.

Petrino is one of the best coaches in football. People need to accept in a power conference on down years you don't go 9-3. UL is not Alabama or Clemson. There are not 5*s coming in year after year to replenish. This team is likely to finish around 7-5. That's pretty damn good for a down year in a power conference. Be careful what you wish for or he may leave.

The most concerning thing is the team either gets better or worse as the season moves on. The last 2 seasons the team hasn't gotten better as the season moved forward. That tells me the kids aren't buying what the coaches are selling. That is on the coaches, good staffs motivate and elevate play. That is not happening.

Petrino is one of the best coaches in football. People need to accept in a power conference on down years you don't go 9-3. UL is not Alabama or Clemson. There are not 5*s coming in year after year to replenish. This team is likely to finish around 7-5. That's pretty damn good for a down year in a power conference. Be careful what you wish for or he may leave.

A down year of 7-5 would be understandable but we’re looking at 5-7. Just who do you think we beat? A CUSE team that knocked off Clemson or a UVA team that is playing good. Or even a SuCk team on their field who we couldn’t beat at home. Best we do is 6-6, but I bet 5-7. And the 5* deal, here’s a shocker we didn’t enter the ACC with anything close to 5* and we shouldn’t need 5* to beat WF and BC or most any other team outside of Clemson and usually FSU and maybe Miami. We held our own for the first 2-3 years this issue is coaching. Now is Bobby going to be fired...no. But he better find a DC that coaches at the college level and preferable P5 level. And there lies the problem. I don’t think he can find a quality DC that wants to work for him. So it’s not that I think he can’t coach I don’t think he can hire a quality guy. Either way he is doomed if that’s the case, which means we are too.

A down year of 7-5 would be understandable but we’re looking at 5-7. Just who do you think we beat? A CUSE team that knocked off Clemson or a UVA team that is playing good. Or even a SuCk team on their field who we couldn’t beat at home. Best we do is 6-6, but I bet 5-7. And the 5* deal, here’s a shocker we didn’t enter the ACC with anything close to 5* and we shouldn’t need 5* to beat WF and BC or most any other team outside of Clemson and usually FSU and maybe Miami. We held our own for the first 2-3 years this issue is coaching. Now is Bobby going to be fired...no. But he better find a DC that coaches at the college level and preferable P5 level. And there lies the problem. I don’t think he can find a quality DC that wants to work for him. So it’s not that I think he can’t coach I don’t think he can hire a quality guy. Either way he is doomed if that’s the case, which means we are too.

Even 6-6 isn't a bad down year. However, I think they win 2 of the last 3. This is what the UL fan base still doesn't understand about a power conference, those 4-8 teams in the ACC still have talent similar to UL. Boston College and Wake Forest recruit high major players. They are not Uconn, Temple and UC. Any one of these teams could win the big East. Look at FSU. Does their program stink? Does Fisher not know how to coach? This is what happens if you are not Named Clemson, USC, Alabama or Ohio State in a power Conference.

UVA is tanking as fast as we are. Both teams were fool’s gold through the first few weeks in the season.

There is no way UofL can afford to pay the rest of Petrino's and all of his assistant's contracts, then turn around and pay the buyout for a coach like Brohm and still have money left to pay the new coach and assistant salaries. Like it or not we will have the same staff next season.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Purdue coach Jeff Brohm, for example, has a school buyout of about $15.8 million!

Not to mention their is going to be a few real bigtime FB jobs opening up this week ie Florida etc so i don't understand what coach fans think U of L is going to get better than Petrino . I think this fan base has really forgot who we really are in the FB pecking order.

All Bobby needs to do is Jettison Sirmon and go get someone that can do the job well.
Are you John L. Smith?

There is no way UofL can afford to pay the rest of Petrino's and all of his assistant's contracts, then turn around and pay the buyout for a coach like Brohm and still have money left to pay the new coach and assistant salaries. Like it or not we will have the same staff next season.

Not to mention possible settlements with TJ and Pitino as well as the money owed as part of NCAA penalties

UofL offers the third highest paying job in the ACC. Any coach not at a traditional blue blood would listen. We aren't in CUSA anymore.

We will not have the same staff next season. There is always attrition.

I don't think we will be seeing any change on the defensive side. The contracts will make sure of that.

Ever heard of boosters? Plenty of cash in this town.
FB program is nowhere near being where the boosters want Bobby gone. He just needs to get a better defense. keep wishing he gone and when theirs only enough money to hire another Kragthorpe type don't start your whining . SMH

Another bone for all you wise need a new HC folks to chew on.What if TJ had been retained as AD would you all be clamoring for a change? And if so would it still be Brohm well for those ill informed fanatics. Straight from the Brohm family Greg in particular and some local media . It's on record that as long as TJ was the AD . JB would never be the HC at U of L. Due to the Kragthorpe era and Brohms criticizing TJ and Krag. So who the hell would you want then?

There's absolutely zero chance that Petrino will be fired for various reasons...cost being the biggest factor but the fact that UT and UF will be open isn't good for UL either.

Petrino has no doubt been a pretty big disappointment since his return to UL but I think Louisville is stuck with him and all we as fans can do is hope that the Petrino we've seen the last 4 years isn't the same Petrino we'll see the next 4.

Saw a stat that said this is the 8th time he's lost as the favorite since returning to Louisville....that stat says a lot about the last 4 years.

FB program is nowhere near being where the boosters want Bobby gone. He just needs to get a better defense. keep wishing he gone and when theirs only enough money to hire another Kragthorpe type don't start your whining . SMH

He's another piece of the cleaning house puzzle, I would suspect, given the BOT's desire to improve UofL's national image. Plus, you're not paying attention if you think defense is the only problem. Petrino's play calling and clock management has been questionable at times. There are also some players on the field who should be playing at EKU.

Now that the coach go round has started, there will be lots of names thrown out by lots of teams and fans.
I am sure Petrinos will be in there. The buyout for BP is now not as prohibitive for other teams.
What the Cards may find is the reverse.
A strong coaching candidate may be a 25 million dollar deal, all things told.
As was mentioned, Brohms is over fourteen million to buy out.
Frost is getting to be a big name. Brown at Troy.
Personally, I think Petrino stays where he is another season.

Another bone for all you wise need a new HC folks to chew on.What if TJ had been retained as AD would you all be clamoring for a change? And if so would it still be Brohm well for those ill informed fanatics. Straight from the Brohm family Greg in particular and some local media . It's on record that as long as TJ was the AD . JB would never be the HC at U of L. Due to the Kragthorpe era and Brohms criticizing TJ and Krag. So who the hell would you want then?
Thought you didn’t give a shit about football, were done with it for the season and, were only a “rabid basketball fan”??

Sybil much?

Last edited:
What Wilkie said! All AD's talk positive crap until the stadium is empty then their hands are forced. I believe CBP needs to saty at least one more year but the DC absolutely must go! Ward has been a decent DC in the SEC in the past, got to be better than Floyd!

Reactions: wilkie01
I wouldn't bet this President & BOT would permit spending additional $$$$Millions on buyouts, new coaches when the endowment is down, the Academic side is underfunded, the faculty is whipped up and no new funding in sight.
Their perspective is different than the sports boards even if some boosters offer to step up and fund some of this. This ain't your father's BOT and Bobby's not their son.
The politics don't favor this now.

I wouldn't bet this President & BOT would permit spending additional $$$$Millions on buyouts, new coaches when the endowment is down, the Academic side is underfunded, the faculty is whipped up and no new funding in sight.
Their perspective is different than the sports boards even if some boosters offer to step up and fund some of this. This ain't your father's BOT and Bobby's not their son.
The politics don't favor this now.
That's spot on IMO. Petrino will only leave if the BOT feels they can get rid of him for cause so they don't have to pay him OR if he just quits to go somewhere else, then the BOT will hold their hand out expecting payment from wherever he got a new job at.

Seeing how Jurich was treated, I wouldn't rule out Petrino leaving if anyone out there is will to pay his way out of Louisville.

The point is that the Petrino buyout is bargain basement in P5 schools.

It seems odd to me (outsider) that the AD would have written into a contract if he leaves the coach buyout is cut in half.

Maybe it was assurance to Petrino, then again maybe it was to keep Petrino from following his history of happy feet and entertaining an Auburn, LSU etc on Tom Jurich watch.

Florida State is 2-5. Bad years happen but this bad year for us didn't have to happen. If Grantham is calling the D this team has one loss at this point. The defense has gone for being a Top 25 D every year to the bottom of FBS. I share your concerns about the DC. Yeah okay farrrr Peter but who do you go get to replacement him?

Reactions: landwrecker
Calling CBP out is not hating on him. As a season ticket holder, I'm sick of the penalties, sacks, most horrendous defense I've seen since I started buying season tickets in 1986. CBP is doing a terrible job but as a realist I know we have to put up with this crap for at least a couple more years. But, I survived Cooper and Krags so I'll survive this crap show as well.

I agree the defense is horrible and i don't know what we should do about it. but as for the offense, i believe petrino made a name for himself for play calling with the quarterback under center. The offense always had the defense off balance, but with our QB in shotgun we are very predictable and do not seem to get much movement in the opposing defense to get them out of balance. I think petrino needs to go back to play calling with his QB under center, at least for some part of the game. on another note, we do not have any playmakers on the team other than Jackson. Is there anyone else the defense says oh shit don't let him get the ball. I gave Qucik alot of crap teh last 3 years, but looking back he always seemed to be open, wide open. when was the last time we saw anyone on this years team running wide open in the defense for a long pass?

I agree the defense is horrible and i don't know what we should do about it. but as for the offense, i believe petrino made a name for himself for play calling with the quarterback under center. The offense always had the defense off balance, but with our QB in shotgun we are very predictable and do not seem to get much movement in the opposing defense to get them out of balance. I think petrino needs to go back to play calling with his QB under center, at least for some part of the game. on another note, we do not have any playmakers on the team other than Jackson. Is there anyone else the defense says oh shit don't let him get the ball. I gave Qucik alot of crap teh last 3 years, but looking back he always seemed to be open, wide open. when was the last time we saw anyone on this years team running wide open in the defense for a long pass?
Our WR aren’t typically open deep for two reasons.
1. Petrino has started recruiting bigger WRs and they are less elusive than the Harry Douglas type of kid that he used to recruit.

2. All we run are deep routes - not a whole lot a surprise factor for the defense. Gotta start using the TE, under routes and, screens - then the OCCASIONAL deep route will be there.

TEs?

Yeah, I remember those. Seen em a couple times this year.

Gotta admit, they mostly screwed up when I did see them.

We need to get rid of whoever is recruiting these guys. :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT