ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Huggins Controversy Brewing

I'm guessing that wasn't Willie's idea of Huggy giving "a full report".

Last edited:
Reactions: rh62531
Despite the WVU statement that slur completely represents the culture at WVU. In 06 when Louisville hosted WVU for the blackout I observed WVU fans wearing shirts which read “Only (same slur Huggins used) Wear Black”. And in 05 when we went to WVU drunk students questioned the sexual preferences of our fans using the same slur.
That’s why WVU grad Huggins felt so comfortable using it.

There are indeed a lot irresponsible fans who attend WVU football games, as I have experienced both sides; but it is not representative of the vast majority of Mountaineers.

Huggins first mistake was obviously using the word. His second mistake was when he apologized. Once you apologize, the left in our country senses weakness & you can never apologize enough to get them off your back.
An act of contrition is a grown up response when forgiveness is needed and being sought

Reactions: OldhamCard335
I’m probably one of the few people out there who likes Huggins. More about what he can do and has done coaching. So I’m not poking fun at him personally.

This is more about him in the role of a reformed anything related to political correctness. Comical…

You are not alone; I have been a fan of “huggy bear” ever since his time visiting FH as a UC head coach. My seats were at mid-court 2 rows behind press row, and I was one of those obnoxious fans who yelled a lot at opposing coaches like Huggins every time they were complaining over an officials call ….. it went on throughout one game, when I stood up and yelled at Clougerty with something like “you blind idiot”; Huggins turned around and yells back to me, “now you can see what I have been complaining about”, and smiles.

I am old, and I really struggle with these woke folks who are afraid of people expressing their opinions and thoughts regardless of political correctness. As for me, I may disagree with what people say, but I respect their freedom of expression.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT