ADVERTISEMENT

Binelas' slow start to the season.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
1-13, 6 SO's (leads team), .077 BA- I mean, there are slow starts, but AB, of all our stud players, is supposed to be the studliest. Baseball is such a mental game, I wonder if, combined with last year's hand injury and the long layoff, if he's just not fully back yet from it all. If your CDM, do you let him work things out while staying in the top of the lineup, or do you send him down a few spots? I'm sure he'll come around. He's too good not to.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I think you give him this next game at 3B. If he again struggles then I think you bring Borden in to play 3B for a game or two. He has driven a few but definitely has struggled getting in-base.

There's Covid rust that the basketball team had coming off that 3 week layoff and then there's the rust that Binelas and Dunn have.
Even if they're both healthy, it's gotta take some time to get back into a routine of sorts.
I'm not worried about Binelas yet.

Reactions: nccardfan
1-13, 6 SO's (leads team), .077 BA- I mean, there are slow starts, but AB, of all our stud players, is supposed to be the studliest. Baseball is such a mental game, I wonder if, combined with last year's hand injury and the long layoff, if he's just not fully back yet from it all. If your CDM, do you let him work things out while staying in the top of the lineup, or do you send him down a few spots? I'm sure he'll come around. He's too good not to.
You keep giving him AB’s. If he continues to struggle, yes move him down some in the lineup to take some pressure off.

No need to worry one bit! I would say there's some mental pieces going on that will go away with more reps. Too good of a natural hitter to slump too long.

Reactions: earsky and Bardman
I think I posted on another thread. Coach lauding Davis' approach since last Fall. He talked about 'others' hopefully locking in soon.
As usual,the Draft works its way into the psyche of all these guys that are eligible.
I don't know if it's at work here,but it may be. Binelas just needs to play the game the way he does and the rest is cake.

He is a really good fastball hitter. Opposing coaching know it. He has been given a heavy dose of off speed stuff. The other teams have done a really good job attacking him. They a shifting on him because he is a dead pull hitter.

He either stays locked in on fastball if he doesn’t then his head will get all screwed trying to guess.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I think I posted on another thread. Coach lauding Davis' approach since last Fall. He talked about 'others' hopefully locking in soon.
As usual,the Draft works its way into the psyche of all these guys that are eligible.
I don't know if it's at work here,but it may be. Binelas just needs to play the game the way he does and the rest is cake.

Binelas isn't the only high profile college baseball player having a slow start. Florida's Jud Fabian, a projected first rounder, has been 1-12 w/ 7 K's as of last Sunday. It could be rust. It could be what you mentioned about the draft and their psyches. It could just be a slow start to the season. It happens.

Binelas isn't the only high profile college baseball player having a slow start. Florida's Jud Fabian, a projected first rounder, has been 1-12 w/ 7 K's as of last Sunday. It could be rust. It could be what you mentioned about the draft and their psyches. It could just be a slow start to the season. It happens.
Could be baseball...

Yeah, I agree. Could be like my first post. Could be rust.

ML Scouts do not like his footwork, or his "funky" throwing style at 3B; CDM is doing him a favor moving him to 1st base.

He was at first because Rushing was out. Bianco hasn’t been hitting real well either, so....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT