ADVERTISEMENT

Big game on the diamond tonight...

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Cards vs kitties tonight at 6:30 in Lexington. Game is also on ESPNU. Cats have been ranked as high as 9th and the cards as high as 4th, now ranked #6. McClure 6-0 going for the Cards against So. Logue (1-0).

Cards destroyed WKU last night 14-2.

This is a makeup game, Kentucky cancelled its game last night with EKU because of tonight's game with us. And they say that they are our SUPERBOWL? That's weaksauce, and a pure pathetic reaction from the bluebellies!!! Smdh at those cowards.....

The Cards haven't been very good on the road. Rivalry aside, considering both teams are ranked, it would be a good win for either side.

The Cards haven't been very good on the road. Rivalry aside, considering both teams are ranked, it would be a good win for either side.

Surprisingly, to me anways, our pitching has been suspect so far this year. We have gotten bombed a few times. Even Funkhouser has been less than spectacular.

Reactions: American Male
Surprisingly Coach Mac is only 10-9 against the kitties. Now that's a rivalry. Not to mention, brother vs brother.

What is the recent rivalry results? I can't find a series history. I THINK UofL has won a few in a row, in addition to knocking UK out of the NCAA tourney a few years back.

I'm not a big fan of these middle of the week games. Both teams save their studs for the big weekend series with a conf. foe. It should still be a great game to catch but there's nothing like watching to "Aces" go at it. Good luck. Hope it's a good injury free gAme

What is the recent rivalry results? I can't find a series history. I THINK UofL has won a few in a row, in addition to knocking UK out of the NCAA tourney a few years back.
I don't know where to find it either steelers but I do believe you are correct on that. If memory serves me right.

I don't know where to find it either steelers but I do believe you are correct on that. If memory serves me right.

That, and ending your bowl hopes 2 years in a row, takes a LITTLE of the sting out of UK eliminating us in the NCAA Basketball tourney twice...but not nearly enough. :oops:

Hahaha. Yea. Every little bit helps. Not to get OT but losing to you in football isn't what bothered me, it was missing out on the bowls. I guess we can call it even???

Reactions: Steelers2012
Id say so! I've always been a big baseball fan on every level. That one right there stung! We had a solid team that year and as you said it was going to be our 1st super regional.

Predictions for tonight?

TBH, don't know. We haven't been great on the road and I know we were hurting from getting dominated by FSU on Sunday. We got a little swagger back by beating WKU but they are not as good as usual this year. In the past, UK has been successful against the cards during midweek games simply because they had more quality depth pitching wise. I didn't think it would be the case this year, especially with Funk coming back. However besides our weekend guys only 2 guys have started games, McClure tonight and Hummel who started last night. That has to change if we want to make Omaha.

Reactions: American Male
Id say so! I've always been a big baseball fan on every level. That one right there stung! We had a solid team that year and as you said it was going to be our 1st super regional.

Predictions for tonight?

No predictions for me. I won't claim enough of a feel for our team this year to have a solid basis for predictions. I know our 7 losses have all come to teams ranked #21 (Ole Miss), #9 (Virginia), and two different teams ranked #5 at the time (Miami and FSU). But the weekday matchup aren't typically the best vs the best each team has to offer.

No predictions for me. I won't claim enough of a feel for our team this year to have a solid basis for predictions. I know our 7 losses have all come to teams ranked #21 (Ole Miss), #9 (Virginia), and two different teams ranked #5 at the time (Miami and FSU). But the weekday matchup aren't typically the best vs the best each team has to offer.
Exactly what I was getting at. Hard to pick a midweek game. It's like trying to bet a summer NBA D league matchup. I think it's a toss up. We've beat some good conference teams and then turn around and get beat by NKU I think. But that's why you gotta love baseball. Not seen much a UofL this year but I know we've got some good defense so it might come down to who can get the ball in the gaps. I'd take a good ole game of small ball too!!

To clarify and unless there's been a last-minute change, the game is only being shown on the SEC+ network. That's an online stream from the ESPN3 website...

To clarify and unless there's been a last-minute change, the game is only being shown on the SEC+ network. That's an online stream from the ESPN3 website...

Well, THAT sucks. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yea I just checked the TV lineup and it's not showing it on there anymore. Freaking women's softball!!!!

Zip you've seen Louisville play. Predictions?

At least TWC has now paid for us to receive it. Last year, we couldn't online stream SEC Network content locally...

Reactions: earsky
Well from where I'm at that is the only good damn thing they've done!!!! They're becoming a monopoly, and not a good one either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT