ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Hutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need improvement in the quality of some of our posts and posters too, but I guess everything will come together in due course...
you have the turd polishing and bpghost is the hall monitor so the good jobs are taken.

I want greatness from Louisville football and I do not have ANY confidence in klenakis. I do not believe our offensive line (heartbeat of the team) will be anything but mediocre under him. 3 years and at best I give him a "D".

you have the turd polishing and bpghost is the hall monitor so the good jobs are taken.

I want greatness from Louisville football and I do not have ANY confidence in klenakis. I do not believe our offensive line (heartbeat of the team) will be anything but mediocre under him. 3 years and at best I give him a "D".

Grading is so subjective. (9-3 is not a D); (3-9 would be a D). No matter how bad you feel the 'O' line is or isn't; explain to me how this team could possibly win 9 games with a 'D' offensive line. If you can factually make a case for that 'D' grade....put it out there please.

As long as CBP has ANY confidence in coach 'K'.....I will defer to his judgement. Or, do you know more about 'O' than he does? I don't doubt that he is striving for greatness too; big difference is.....his livelihood depends on it......or you getting paid too?

Grading is so subjective. (9-3 is not a D); (3-9 would be a D). No matter how bad you feel the 'O' line is or isn't; explain to me how this team could possibly win 9 games with a 'D' offensive line. If you can factually make a case for that 'D' grade....put it out there please.

As long as CBP has ANY confidence in coach 'K'.....I will defer to his judgement. Or, do you know more about 'O' than he does? I don't doubt that he is striving for greatness too; big difference is.....his livelihood depends on it......or you getting paid too?
just to keep it simple, you have a center, two guards and two tackles. Those (5) players couldnt block 3 players from Houston and because of poor technique we surrendered 11 sacks in that game alone.

second, take away Lamar Jackson running for his life and look solely at running backs, we did not successfully run the ball and have not successfully ran the ball in 3 years. That responsibulity rests on the shoulders of the offensive line and the offensive line coach.

They hear the talk, that is why they are reevaluating the incoming talent and pulling scholarships of the kids that have no business on a D-1 team.

This team was an offensive line away from playing for a national championship THIS SEASON.

so please tell me why you are so high on this seasons offensive line performance......

We went 9-3 and beat one teams with winning record.

How "good" is any unit in reality? What is our TEAM grade?

That said, we can only beat whoever is on the schedule. We can't control how good everybody else is going to be.

Beating LSU will answer some questions and be a great jump start for 2017.

Lose and the questions will linger.

I say, GO CARDS!!!!!

We went 9-3 and beat one teams with winning record.

How "good" is any unit in reality? What is our TEAM grade?

That said, we can only beat whoever is on the schedule. We can't control how good everybody else is going to be.

Beating LSU will answer some questions and be a great jump start for 2017.

Lose and the questions will linger.

I say, GO CARDS!!!!!

LSU is a lose-lose situation.
Cards win, LSU was a disinterested 5 loss team
Cards lose, the naysayers will say they were right, Cards start season ranked #22

Cards win-grade out at a "C" should have been a 11-1 Orange bowl team
Cards lose- grade out as a "D". To much talent and Coaching "superiority to finish n a thre game losing streak.

Reactions: beasleythecard
just to keep it simple, you have a center, two guards and two tackles. Those (5) players couldnt block 3 players from Houston and because of poor technique we surrendered 11 sacks in that game alone.

second, take away Lamar Jackson running for his life and look solely at running backs, we did not successfully run the ball and have not successfully ran the ball in 3 years. That responsibulity rests on the shoulders of the offensive line and the offensive line coach.

They hear the talk, that is why they are reevaluating the incoming talent and pulling scholarships of the kids that have no business on a D-1 team.

This team was an offensive line away from playing for a national championship THIS SEASON.

so please tell me why you are so high on this seasons offensive line performance......

This team (and the 'O' line is part of this team).....still managed to win 9 games so far.
Very simply put....a 'D' grade is way below average. Logic dictates that does not correlate with a 9-3 record in any way, shape or form.

Could the record have been better? Absolutely. Cold the line have performed better in the games that were lost? Absolutely. However, one or two bad performances over the course of a 12 game schedule is not a 'D' grade. At the worst it would be a B- or C+.

In addition, the overall 'O' has been very highly rated all year in points scored, yards gained, TD's running and passing. LJ did not do that all by himself. Blocks had to be made and kept, receivers had to catch, and the 'O' line had to provide enough protection for those passed to be completed.....and holes opened for both LJ and the other running backs to run thru.

In sum, 'D' grade 'O' lines could not have done that, period. Gotta give credit where credit is due.......and it is definitely good to question any failures to chart the course for more future successes. It is also good to set realistic goals that can be achieved and are attainable.;):D And then hold all the coaches accountable for performance.

I said prior to the season that I predicted 9-3. And I didn't move the goalposts.

I would predict an aspiring student, player, coach, anyone to try to achieve a "B" grade, and that a "B" was attainable. So, I guess you could say 9-3 equals a "B" grade for me.

Splitting it finer than that is not my job, and I'm close enough to the team or football generally to do better than that. Fine if you wanna get into "this unit deserves an 'A'", "this unit deserves a 'C'", whatever, for discussion purposes. Just don't get too caught up in your ability to do that accurately.

And if I wanna start handing out 'D' grades to certain coaches, positions, and players, that means I need a few 'A' grades to balance everything to a 'B'. So when you tell me where the 'D' grades are, tell me where twice as many 'A' grades are too...

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I would predict an aspiring student, player, coach, anyone to try to achieve a "B" grade, and that a "B" was attainable. So, I guess you could say 9-3 equals a "B" grade for me.

Zipp I am disappointed in your mindset. A grade of "B" is just scrapping the surface of what this team could be on the offensive line so having the grade of "B" you gave as the glass ceiling is what I mean by the majority of our fans being happy with mediocre football. An aspiring coach or player should want to attain perfection, championchip level football, not settle for being simply above average. Ali didnt settle for wanting a "B" he wanted greatness and worked hard for it.

The 2016 Louisville football team was an offensive line away from playing for a national championship.

thankful they are reviewing the talent coming in and pulling scholarships and working to get better talent on the offensive line, but it should have been a priority, not just be a priority after the fact of the poor showing we had this season, or the 2 prior seasons.

It is my sure hope that our line coach does not aspire to be simply above average or a "B" rated offensive line, but aspires to be the greatest offensive line in the history of louisville football. That should be the goal at each position on the team. To be the greatest in the history of Louisville football.

here at mediocre university where we accept mediocre football play Zipp is happy with a "B" being the holy grail for or offensive line. If we actually had an offensive line that was a "B" we would be in the college playoffs.

Hopefully this team aspires for greatness, and not the Zipp glass ceiling of simply being above average.

The 2016 Louisville football team was an offensive line away from playing for a national championship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mayo:
I am not so sure of that based on what the POC decided as this years FF. For sure had the Cards finished 11-1, heavy consideration would have been made....however, just like not having 2 B1G teams in......the ACC would not get 2 teams in either....and Clemson being the ACC PO Champ and winner in HtoH vs UofL......I don't think the Cards would have made the cut over the Tigers.

There would be much gnashing of teeth and chagrin....but the powers that be would not allow 2 from the ACC....no matter how deserving they both would be. JMO.

So your assertion is just so much speculation and can not be considered a fact. Cards made it easy for the POC by playing themselves out of consideration.:mad::(:oops:o_O

In the UH game the whole team lost the game, not just the 'O' line....defense was bad in that game too!. Easily the Cards worst overall performance of the season.

UK game, one could say that the 'D' cost the Cards that game more than the "O' did as 38 points should be enough to win any game. And not stopping the Cats to get into FG position to win on a last second FG when stating the drive within their 10 yard line is just sad and speaks volumes about the defensive performance in that game.

Time to move forward and cheer the Cards on in the only game that matters now...beat the Tigers of LSU!!!!

UK game, one could say that the 'D' cost the Cards that game more than the "O' did as 38 points should be enough to win any game. And not stopping the Cats to get into FG position to win on a last second FG when stating the drive within their 10 yard line is just sad and speaks volumes about the defensive performance in that game.

What you seriously fail to realize is that a REAL running game behind a college offensive line uses clock and gives your defense rest. All of the miscues and 3@O's by our offense weighs on the defense.

if we had a running game we would have been able to give our defense the rest it needed to be fresher in the 4th quarters of games. (grantham and his boner for the blitz wears us out as well)

Take away the miscuse of the offensive line against Clemson and we win that game, same with Houston (minus the butt fumble)

This team needs dicipline, and it needs a serious overhaul of the offensive line so that we can be a team that competes for championships, not russel athletic bowls and citrus bowls.

What you seriously fail to realize is that a REAL running game behind a college offensive line uses clock and gives your defense rest. All of the miscues and 3@O's by our offense weighs on the defense..

The "O' line did its job on that last drive moving the ball down the field getting to about what the 10 yard line?.....then misfortune struck and LJ had the ill fated fumble trying to get extra yards on a well defended bust of a play.....all he had to do was get down and let the FG kicker win the game. He failed to do that.

That he didn't was not the fault of the 'O' line or anyone other than LJ trying too hard to be spectacular rather than making the smart decision that wins the game. Rack it up to youthful exuberance.:oops:

The line did their job on that drive and when watching that drive in real time, I had little doubt that the Cards were going to get the go ahead score and win the game.:confused:

Alas, that was not to be. The defense was given more than sufficient rest by that drive. It is on the 'D' that ky was able to get into FG range and win the game at the end as well as giving up the cheap TD passes and 38 total pints. Is that not a correct summary of the end of that game? That is how I see it. :mad:

I am not saying that the 'O' line was dominant in that game.....but they were much, much better than the travesty in Houston wouldn't you agree? Their performance was good enough for the 'W'....in all honesty, I can't say the same about the 'D' side of the ball.:(:rolleyes::mad:

Respectfully, we may just have to agree to disagree. One thing we can agree on....we both want the Cards to strive to win a NC....and that opportunity was not realized this season for a myriad of reasons. Cheers! Mr B

Reactions: Rollem Cards
With at least 6 guys rushing the passer on most downs,let's hope the improvement against LSU comes with the blocking scheme.It's nice just trying to block 5 in zone techniques,but with more,somebody better figure out which guys are coming if it's not Jackson.

The scheme is not working for pass protection and the line is understandably anxious.

I am not saying that the 'O' line was dominant in that game.....but they were much, much better than the travesty in Houston wouldn't you agree?
not even close.
our offensive line and its inability to function on a Division 1 college line level is so alarming that words can not do it justice.

how many sacks did kentucky have against us?

how many did we have agaunst them?

our offensive line is below what Stoops is putting on the field. (let that sink in real deep)

With at least 6 guys rushing the passer on most downs,let's hope the improvement against LSU comes with the blocking scheme.It's nice just trying to block 5 in zone techniques,but with more,somebody better figure out which guys are coming if it's not Jackson.

The scheme is not working for pass protection and the line is understandably anxious.
Maybe we can TRY a Tight End screen and get the ball in the second level taking the underneath stuff in the void that the blitz comes from like teams have done us since the clemson game.

Zipp I am disappointed in your mindset. A grade of "B" is just scrapping the surface of what this team could be on the offensive line so having the grade of "B" you gave as the glass ceiling is what I mean by the majority of our fans being happy with mediocre football...
Happiness is a state of mind; I'm always happy. And I can assure you that the performance of a sports team doesn't determine my happiness.

Everyone out on Floyd St. strives for A's, and I have no doubt about that. Petrino likely sees the last part of this season as a missed opportunity, and that's as it should be because it was. But that doesn't mean that 9-3 is not a 'B' grade, or that he or I should be "happy" with it. My guess is he would tell you that "happiness" can only be truly obtained with a national championship, again, as it should be. So we have no disconnect with the "mindset" of who's in charge of the football program.

Despite your assertions, you also don't know that we were an O-line away from greatness. And you don't know what the causes of our O-line problems were. I don't know that factually, and you likely don't know anymore than I do.

What I do know is that Petrino is paid the big bucks to know and to fix things, which is what he will try to do. In the meantime, I'm enjoying a good year in which we will likely land our first Heisman Trophy in program history. And as disappointing as that is, I guess that will have to sustain me...

Despite your assertions, you also don't know that we were an O-line away from greatness. And you don't know what the causes of our O-line problems were.
against clemson, the problem was a failure to prepare the team for a loud environment. We had linemen repeatedly jumping off sides and it cost us big time. That is not an assertion, that is a fact.

We completely fell apart against Houston. That offensive performance was offensive to organized football. 11 sacks surrendered in one game and you want to rate them as a solid "B" on the offensive line, but you don't believe you are a sunshine pumper?

We had two players with 12 penalties between them. They personally killed 7 drives. How that is a "B" in anyones world is astonishing.

2016 will be remembered as a year that the lack of an offensive line and failure of the line coach cost us immersurably. Louisville at the minimul should be in the Orange bolw, and with better offensive line play would have been in the CFP. Louisville lost millions behind inept execution, and lack of quality offensive line play. Undiciplined players committing penalty after penalty and nothing changes.

we either change it drastically or make arrangemnents for another mediocre bowl next season.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
against clemson, the problem was a failure to prepare the team for a loud environment. We had linemen repeatedly jumping off sides and it cost us big time. That is not an assertion, that is a fact...
So when a week didn't suffice, we prepared them during a 20-minute halftime? :rolleyes:

against clemson, the problem was a failure to prepare the team for a loud environment. We had linemen repeatedly jumping off sides and it cost us big time. That is not an assertion, that is a fact.

We completely fell apart against Houston. That offensive performance was offensive to organized football. 11 sacks surrendered in one game and you want to rate them as a solid "B" on the offensive line, but you don't believe you are a sunshine pumper?

We had two players with 12 penalties between them. They personally killed 7 drives. How that is a "B" in anyones world is astonishing.

2016 will be remembered as a year that the lack of an offensive line and failure of the line coach cost us immersurably. Louisville at the minimul should be in the Orange bolw, and with better offensive line play would have been in the CFP. Louisville lost millions behind inept execution, and lack of quality offensive line play. Undiciplined players committing penalty after penalty and nothing changes.

we either change it drastically or make arrangemnents for another mediocre bowl next season.
I think we need a crowd noise simulation that they should practice with. FSU has been doing it for years.

everytime someone makes their point clear to you, you respond like a 5 year old.

I wish our offensive line could deflect and block as great as you do.
Nice comeback. You don't wanna answer my question, and I understand why.

So when a week didn't suffice, we prepared them during a 20-minute halftime? :rolleyes:

Nice comeback. You don't wanna answer my question, and I understand why.

argument 1 you say klenakis is a "B" grade line coach and that the offensive line played at a "B" level all season.

My rebuttal is that we are an offensive line away from playing for a national championship.

your second argument is that it is not the coaches fault the offensive line sucks so bad.

my rebuttal is that heads need to roll.

the team has been under prepared and has performed at a "D" level. We need better linemen and a better line coach. You are in love with klenakis and I believe he is past his time and several games this season are evidence of his needing to be fired immediately.

We are revoking scholarships of trash players and are trying to upgrade personell, but this is now year 4.

The offensive line is the life blood of the team, and the running game is the heartbeat of the team. We are highly questionable at both.

people that love klenakis are happy he is retained, and i say to them. Get ready for the belk bowl, russel athletic bowl, or whatever G-5 bowl we will be in because as long as klenakis and his lost in time philosophy is employed by louisville, we will be a G-5 bowl team.
The man is a complete moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT