ADVERTISEMENT

Bear Bryant quote

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
"I left Texas A&M because my school called me. Mama called,
and when Mama calls, then you just have to come running."

On why he had to leave A&M with six years left on his contract.

Bear still had 6 yrs on his contract and left A&M for Bama in 1958.

So Louisville is compared to Alabama now?

No but maybe Jeff’s mother is tired of driving 3+ hours ONE WAY to see her grandchildren when she could be right here in the “Ville” with them daily. You need to think about that possibility.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

No but maybe Jeff’s mother is tired of driving 3+ hours ONE WAY to see her grandchildren when she could be right here in the “Ville” with them daily. You need to think about that possibility.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
Hilarious!

The comparison is not the current stature of the programs (aTm was probably a better gig than Bama at that time) but the call of alma mater. No idea if it applies in this case, but that’s the comparison. Do try to pay attention.
Bama had already won 5 national championships before Bryant went there. A&M had won 3. Idk how A&M was much if any bigger than bama.

Or are you just saying the 2-3 years leading up to his hire that A&M was better because Alabama had bad records the few years before Bryant. that's usually why a team fires one coach to bring in another. Common sense tells you that.

Purdue sure isn't A&M but it's even more laughable to say Louisville is bama here

Reactions: The Truffle Shuffle
Bama had already won 5 national championships before Bryant went there. A&M had won 3. Idk how A&M was much if any bigger than bama.

Or are you just saying the 2-3 years leading up to his hire that A&M was better because Alabama had bad records the few years before Bryant. that's usually why a team fires one coach to bring in another. Common sense tells you that.

Purdue sure isn't A&M but it's even more laughable to say Louisville is bama here
Again, because you seem to be a bit slow- the quote wasn’t used to compare programs. It was used to compare the pull of alma mater. It may not apply in this case. But that’s the comparison. Purdue is a well respected university, but if this is an example of the level of thinking that comes out of there, I’ll have to reconsider my opinion

Reactions: GoldCard
Again, because you seem to be a bit slow- the quote wasn’t used to compare programs. It was used to compare the pull of alma mater. It may not apply in this case. But that’s the comparison. Purdue is a well respected university, but if this is an example of the level of thinking that comes out of there, I’ll have to reconsider my opinion
I was responding to you saying A&M was a better gig than bama at the time. That was 100% comparing programs. If your comment was to only point out the alma mater point then you wouldn't have mentioned that

Bama had an all-time losing record vs. Auburn at the time and were becoming their bi__h.

Hilarious!
Not hilarious, it’s REALITY! I do believe it factors into the decision.

When you see your parents everyday they don’t age as quick to your eyes. But, when you don’t see them as often they seem to age twice as fast. Strange but true.

My brother-in-law only sees his parents twice a year, he struggles for weeks after they visit. While my mom ages the same, seeing her more often makes it easier and it seems like a more subtle process.

And the story with Jeff is that he’s a moma’s boy. Not killing him for that, I am too!

Reactions: td75
Don't try explaining to a sUcK fan someone wanting to return to their old college to coach. They can't relate to that since most of their fan base didn't go to college.

Comparing the fan base of each school who do you think has more fans that attended college UK or UofL?

Not hilarious, it’s REALITY! I do believe it factors into the decision.

When you see your parents everyday they don’t age as quick to your eyes. But, when you don’t see them as often they seem to age twice as fast. Strange but true.

My brother-in-law only sees his parents twice a year, he struggles for weeks after they visit. While my mom ages the same, seeing her more often makes it easier and it seems like a more subtle process.

And the story with Jeff is that he’s a moma’s boy. Not killing him for that, I am too!
Very good post, interesting information about your BIL, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT