ADVERTISEMENT

Battier put Lunardi in his place

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
I like how they brought Lunardi in to talk during our game, and at the end of the conversation Lunardi made some prick comment saying "Well Louisville didn't interrupt us by scoring." And then Battier said something like, "Put on a jersey and try."

Hilarious.

ESPN has built this jerk off Lunardi into something and all he did tonight is remind me why I don't ever watch ESPN with volume on. Dude trashing amateurs.

Not a Lunnardi fan or Reece Davis. All they want is offense. Defense is just as important and entertaining. Did he really say that? Lunardi has probably never shot a basketball. He is all about numbers. Good for the game, but he seems to hate on us a lot?

Battier said "Put on a Jersey and try to score on Montrez Harrell". I liked that quote too.

Shane Battier put Lunardi "on watch" that's for sure. That comment from Lunardi was totally unecessary. Shane Battier is goofy as all get out, but I was laughing when he called out Lunardi.

Sean McDonough tried to call out Battier for clowning Lunardi. Interesting exchange.

Battier also said (during the exchange) that seeding wasn't important, just get in. He was really saying Lunardi YOU dont matter. He said it's funny that the further you are away from the game the easier it looks, then went on to say he would like to see Lunardi try and score out there. I thought it was good former player perspective

That's awesome that Battier said that. I have never liked Lunardi. His way of looking at things is so warped, and it's amazing to me than anyone has ever given his opinion any respect. The ultimate lover of a good loss he is. Likes the good losses more than the solid wins. I've never understood that. I called him out on it years ago, and like the sniveling little shit that he is, had nothing but a condescending non-answer for a reply. It is so obvious that he has the outlook of someone who never played. Glad that Battier called him out on it. I am an even bigger fan of his now.

Rick has often given Lunardi credit for his ratings. I don't understand the attitude from the jerk. He is way past having any humility these days but he is a perfect fit for ESPN.

I use to like Sean but how many times do you get fed up with hearing him call us the "Cardinal" rather than the Cardinals. I get sick of it every time and want to reach out there and tell any of his bosses that we are not Stanford----if you can't put the "S" on there then you shouldn't be calling our games. Silliness.

I like Sean M., he always seems to be fair and impartial. In fact has given Rick and our Team many props over the years when he was teamed with Jay Bilas and Rafferty.

Not sure what I have missed, but he is typically very professional.

There are several people/publications that do Bracketology . Last year I saw a ratings of the most accurate in the last 10 years . Lunardi was 13th . He is just a product of ESPN hype .

I have missed around 25% of our games, I know
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Go Cards!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT