ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Reed - WKU

One year of eligibility left, so depends on whether Clarkson had been promised the QB1 job next year to secure his commitment. If Clarkson is okay with a possible redshirt year; this would be an ideal pickup for Brohm that wouldn’t jeopardize the whole FlyVille class. I’m sure it will be a topic of discussion when Brohm is in California this weekend.

I could care less if he is a 2 or 5 star as long as he can spin it.

I don’t redshirt Clarkson unless that is what he wants. Clarkson isn’t a big kid he may need a year of weight training. If they don’t want him to then try to get him a small package in each game. Similar to what Petrino did with Brian.

Based off things we have heard Clarkson is a real competitor. Hard to imagine him and Brohm not clicking.

One year of eligibility left, so depends on whether Clarkson had been promised the QB1 job next year to secure his commitment. If Clarkson is okay with a possible redshirt year; this would be an ideal pickup for Brohm that wouldn’t jeopardize the whole FlyVille class. I’m sure it will be a topic of discussion when Brohm is in California this weekend.
I read on here that Clarkson and his dad wanted a QB to come in for a year so Clarkson could adjust. I'm not sure if he wants a redshirt or not.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Don't know about redshirting either,he probably just feels like he needs to be groomed. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say JB's playbook will take a while to learn.

It'll probably be passed out to every player on that side of the ball, once we know who's gonna be here for sure.

The WKU offensive playbook is pretty much the same as when Jeff was there! Austin would be a great fit here and I suspect we will hear something very soon.
Yeah, I was referring mostly to Clarkson and the rest of the offense,whoever makes it to campus. You're right about Reed though -great fit.

I was really wanting Reed as well. But there are lots of quality QBs in the portal this year.

I think Clarkson knows a year 1 freshman QB in Power 5 isn’t A sure bet. But remember that Pierce Clarkson will be 20 next season, he’s older. And I would think that he could see himself being worked into the lineup by the middle of the year.

But from Reed’s perspective, you have a 4-star QB of the future behind you. If you struggle, the fans will say “we need to see Pierce” and also the Bosco guys coming in will also want to play with their guy if he struggles.

Remember when Kurt Warner signed with the Giants after they drafted Eli Manning? Kind of like that situation.

It’s possible that if Clarkson is good enough to start by October/November, maybe Brock could be serviceable enough through the first part of the year. Not throwing Pierce to the wolves day 1.

I was really wanting Reed. Very talented. On a personal note, I think I have PTSD from losing so many basketball prospects. Kind of Pavlovian now. I have to keep telling myself, this is CJB and not CKP.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I think Clarkson knows a year 1 freshman QB in Power 5 isn’t A sure bet. But remember that Pierce Clarkson will be 20 next season, he’s older. And I would think that he could see himself being worked into the lineup by the middle of the year.

But from Reed’s perspective, you have a 4-star QB of the future behind you. If you struggle, the fans will say “we need to see Pierce” and also the Bosco guys coming in will also want to play with their guy if he struggles.

Remember when Kurt Warner signed with the Giants after they drafted Eli Manning? Kind of like that situation.

It’s possible that if Clarkson is good enough to start by October/November, maybe Brock could be serviceable enough through the first part of the year. Not throwing Pierce to the wolves day 1.
Not the issue at all. Reed probably thought that Helton was leaving for another job...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT