ADVERTISEMENT

Asia Durr tests Positive for COVID-19

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
From Twitter:

"After much thought and consultation with my doctors and the Liberty, I have decided not to play the 2020 WNBA season. After testing positive for COVID-19 on June 8th, my battle with it has been complicated and arduous. As I continue to fight to fully recover, I had to make the difficult decision on a deadline to opt out as a medical high risk player. So much about this virus is unknown and my heart is heavy, even as i make this decision that I know is best for my long term wellness. I want to thank my teammates, the Liberty organization, our fans and my partners for their compassion. I plan to stay connected to my team virtually and support them on the court and in their efforts around social justice and activism from the bubble however I can. I hope you will do the same."

This is sad, stunning and sorrowful news about one of Louisville's best of all time. I know you share my sadness and I sincerely hope she'll recover fully and be able to return to what she loves.

--sonja--

One of the greatest moments in UL Sports was the return of Asia to the Yum Center to participate in her brother’s senior night activities as a student manager.

Asia is the real thing.

Reactions: Deeva
Prayers for Asia. It’s tough to be a competitor and be kept out of the game, but it is a wise decision.

Reactions: WahooCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT