ADVERTISEMENT

Apologies

dramser12

1250+
Apr 27, 2020
I realize I may have taken things too far with last night’s outcome. I apologize for that. It was obviously a big moment for my alma-mater and some of my former teammates who are like brothers to me. I obviously get agitated when I people don’t appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes for players and coaches to be as successful Bellarmine has been for years. I don’t care what level you’re at.

I grew up a diehard UL fan and still am except when they play Bellarmine. I’ll be the first to admit, I was athletically challenged but I worked my butt off and focused on being the most coachable player on the floor and was blessed enough to have an opportunity to play for Coach D at Bellarmine. I had experiences and learned life lessons that will last a lifetime there.

My passion for Bellarmine and the people I developed relationships there is obvious but I obviously don’t display it in the right ways a lot of times. So I apologize for how I reacted to last night. I was on cloud 9.

To give an example of the kind of person Coach D is. My grandfather was a lifelong Bellarmine fan. Bellarmine basketball was his passion. He actually graduated the same year they broke ground for Knights Hall. He was a season ticket holder before I was even a thought. It was a special time for my family when I got the opportunity to be a part of that program. Well my grandfather past away last week. His visitation was the night before the Louisville Bellarmine. Who came to that? Coach Davenport, his wife, and the Bellarmine assistants. Coach waited in line for an hour to speak with my grandmother. That’s on the night before their first game of the season! Then, On the day of my grandfather’s funeral, Bellarmine got their first win over a Power 5 opponent. It was a special night for my family.

I hope that helps explain why I’m so passionate about coach and the Bellarmine program. That is not an excuse for why I acted like an a**hole but as you can see I’m easily frustrated when people look down on what that man has done and what those players do for that program. This is on me and I apologize for that.

I am always happy to help spread the little wisdom I gathered about basketball during my time at Bellarmine. I love answering questions related to the logistics of college basketball, X’s and O’s and other stuff. So if anyone ever feels like they have questions or anything about basketball. I will do my best to use my experience to give you the best possible answer.

Again, my apologies. That was all on me.

Go Cards, Go Knights, Beat Clemson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News