ADVERTISEMENT

AP Preseason All American Team...Jaire Alexander 1st Team Lamar Jackson 2nd Team

Feb 19, 2003
The continued disrespect of the 2016 Heisman Winner....

The AP All-America team is the longest-running annual honor roll of the nation's top college football players, dating to 1925, and is usually released after the season. Darnold was voted to the first team by a panel of 51 Top 25 voters, edging out Heisman winner Lamar Jackson, who is the second-team quarterback on the teams released Tuesday.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-state-nittany-lions-lead-ap-all-america-team

The disrespect Lamar is getting from (what seems like) everyone is unreal. Hopefully he takes it personal and has even better numbers than he posted last year.

Reactions: American Male
On ESPNU's "College Football Live" show today the former Alabama QB (can't remember name) said Lamar should be the first team QB and that it's not about who will be the #1 draft choice. Said "Lamar ended last season as #1 and he should start the season as #1."

Reactions: American Male
The continued disrespect of the 2016 Heisman Winner....

The AP All-America team is the longest-running annual honor roll of the nation's top college football players, dating to 1925, and is usually released after the season. Darnold was voted to the first team by a panel of 51 Top 25 voters, edging out Heisman winner Lamar Jackson, who is the second-team quarterback on the teams released Tuesday.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-state-nittany-lions-lead-ap-all-america-team

Don't end your regular season getting blown out by a distracted Houston team and losing at home to a bad UK team, then this doesn't happen. Thankfully, the LSU game was AFTER the Heisman ceremony. Had that game happened prior to, I'd say the Heisman is at least in question.

Add all three of those together (2 blowouts, a poorly-played loss at home to a bad team - UK of all teams) coming into this season, then you have what have today. I am still surprised by the 16/17 rankings. I expected around 23-25, TBH.

The good news is, that this is something to motivate the team, for Bobby to yell at them about, etc.

Last edited:
I have to hope the end of last year will be a blessing in disguise for this year and next.

If they didn't learn anything about effort and focus last year, they never will.

Our mental toughness should be increased tenfold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT