ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody want to discuss baseball?

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Thoughts on the series so far with FSU.I've seen every inning of both games.The more aggressive team is taking it to us a bit.I'm a bit concerned.

Crazy I know.We just won 15 straight,but now we've dropped 3 in a row.The closer we get to the draft...

IMHO I don't think the draft is in their mind. Nothing seems to affect McKay so I don't think it's an issue with him. I think it is more to do with fatigue. They have played over 50 games, won every series until this weekend. Guys are usually banged up at this point. Hoping we win tonight and get refreshed in the ACC tournament.

Yeah,I can see that angle for sure.I'm a bit concerned about Taylor though.He is the spark that we'll need to complement the others.It's missing so far this weekend and I know it's probably because of the slump.Here's hoping he gets it going soon.

Seems like we've been the best team in baseball all season.... again... But suddenly they're struggling as the postseason looms.... I HOPE it's simply a matter of the games being meaningless, since the regular season ACC divisional title is secured, but it concerns me none the less... I keep thinking this is their year to get to Omaha and do something this time.... FINGERS CROSSED... L'S UP! GO CARDS! Let's make this the year we break through!

Reactions: earsky
I agree that it's STUPID and disrespectful to the College game for the Majors to have their draft before the College World Series is over!! Kids fortunate enough to make it to Omaha, should be able to focus on the task at hand, not chatting with agents, and teams about things like money, and where they'll be living in a few weeks.

I agree that it's STUPID and disrespectful to the College game for the Majors to have their draft before the College World Series is over!!
Absolutely.Unfortunately,I don't think the powers that be on that subject have much recourse,with the trade deadline looming in mid July for the Major League.It is,imo,the single most detrimental thing to any college sport,across the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT