ADVERTISEMENT

Another of my favorite subjects: How's this for a $hit sandwich?...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
(And not that AM radio means much to anyone but LPT anymore...)

The U of L-FSU radio broadcast is bumped over to AM 790 so that WHAS 840 can air the LPT loss to New Mexico State. Now, a loss will somewhat justify the decision. ;)

Throw away the meat and eat the bread...

Reactions: American Male

The U of L-FSU radio broadcast is bumped over to AM 790 so that WHAS 840 can air the LPT loss to New Mexico State. Now, a loss will somewhat justify the decision. ;)

Sorry Zipp but WHAS knows where the money is. Millions of people from every holler in Kentucky will be riveted to their radios listening to Dave & Ralph's call of the game.

Me thinks that the uahkay cayuts will be needing to conserve those millions paid to WHAS so they can actually buy a new staff.
That's a good point in reality... Avatar guy will at some point ask himself if he's not just pi$$ing away money. May take him awhile 'cuz he ain't too bright. $15 million buyouts will hasten that...

Reactions: Cue Card
Sorry Zipp but WHAS knows where the money is. Millions of people from every holler in Kentucky will be riveted to their radios listening to Dave & Ralph's call of the game.
Zipp you forget most of the Kat Fans can't afford TVs much less Cable. So the Radio Audience is huge for that Fan Base. WHAS Management are all over that.

Will this never die? So what that WHAS carries UK games. It's business.

A lot of the people that complain about that had NO PROBLEM at all when UofL dumped WDRB for broadcast of local games to WHAS TV because WHAS TV was paying more money to UofL. WDRB stayed loyal to UofL through Dennys 12-20 seasons and the Ron Cooper mess. Yet as soon as WHAS TV offered more money, UofL dropped them in a heartbeat. Why do none of you mention that?

It's just business. Chill out. Besides, ABC is carrying our game nationwide tomorrow with Gameday there all day. I'm good with that exposure versus what UK will be getting tomorrow. ;)

Reactions: Red Rager
Will this never die? So what that WHAS carries UK games. It's business.

A lot of the people that complain about that had NO PROBLEM at all when UofL dumped WDRB for broadcast of local games to WHAS TV because WHAS TV was paying more money to UofL. WDRB stayed loyal to UofL through Dennys 12-20 seasons and the Ron Cooper mess. Yet as soon as WHAS TV offered more money, UofL dropped them in a heartbeat. Why do none of you mention that?

It's just business. Chill out. Besides, ABC is carrying our game nationwide tomorrow with Gameday there all day. I'm good with that exposure versus what UK will be getting tomorrow. ;)

Katz it's about LOCAL businesses staying LOCAL. Nothing more, nothing less. WDRB had every opportunity to match or exceed the competing offer. Like you said, "it's just business." So maybe you should lighten up on our fan base.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

No........... A whole lot of people are still whining about WHAS carrying UK games over UofL, but seem to conveniently forget that UofL did the same thing to WDRB. Hypocritical to say the least. I'm the one saying it's just business. Seems that a lot of people from our side don't see it that way from the WHAS perspective, but not the WDRB perspective.

BUSINESS is that we're now on National TV alot now. I'm all for it. The dumpster fire going on in Lexington can have all the time they want on WHAS tomorrow. We got Gameday and National game on ABC. Pretty obvious who's ahead on that one!!

Katz you conveniently forget that WHAS had been our radio home for years and years and then they sold us down the road for uahkay. WHAS is a LOUISVILLE company, period. I don't give a wit whether our fan base is smaller or not, what I do care about is that we were LOYAL to them but at the end of the day they didn't want us any longer. So piss on WHAS. And, yes, we have the upper hand now and especially tomorrow.

Katz you conveniently forget that WHAS had been our radio home for years and years and then they sold us down the road for uahkay. WHAS is a LOUISVILLE company, period. I don't give a wit whether our fan base is smaller or not, what I do care about is that we were LOYAL to them but at the end of the day they didn't want us any longer. So piss on WHAS. And, yes, we have the upper hand now and especially tomorrow.

And WDRB was loyal to UofL even while Denny was going 12-20 and Ron Cooper was inventing new ways to lose. WDRB is local too. Local, loyal and we sold them down the road for more money.

Business my man. Don't take it personal. The next 28 hours could potentially be the biggest party in the history of UofL football my friend. Drink it in, have fun with it.

Peace out!!

Reactions: gocds
WHAS radio is not even worth listening to any more. They got rid of sports talk in the evenings. They got rid of nearly all of the local issue call in shows. Their programming mostly consists of anti-government rants and Terry Meiners.

WHAS radio is not even worth listening to any more. They got rid of sports talk in the evenings. They got rid of nearly all of the local issue call in shows. Their programming mostly consists of anti-government rants and Terry Meiners.

Anything was two steps up from Lach doing sports talk

Reactions: Red Rager and gocds
Nice first post. :rolleyes:

Anything was two steps up from Lach doing sports talk

Amen brother. Lachlan is totally worthless as a radio sports guy. A total know nothing. And since he doesn't know anything his stich is as a shit stirrer.

The WHAS/Clear Channel issue isn't about "business" which is how the talking heads describe it.

As gocards points out, it's about a LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF BUSINESS. It's about shortsightedness--their reasoning that a "business decision" is restricted to how much money they pay (or get paid) per the terms of a broadcasting contract. It's about a lack of understanding of the long term and the big picture and the power of U of L in this community.

And this is an ongoing lack of perspective on the part of Clear Channel (Iheart) that needs correcting. It ain't a dead issue no matter how someone wants to portray it. This ridiculous flip from perhaps the best game of the year to LPT-New Mexico State just illustrates that again...

Reactions: rentalman

Well in fairness they need plenty of pre-game time to discuss how this is the week for the turnaround to begin. Lol. Then Matty needs to remind the idiots again that he singlehandedly could've had Petrino hired by UK. Hahaha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT