ADVERTISEMENT

Another ACC rip-off

FredCard

No-Ranking Prospect
Nov 22, 2022
Well, it was an entertaining game. But I must say that I think the interception for a touchdown by the Cards was the turning point of the game. So, as far as I am concerned, The Acc screwed U of L again. I am not sure why. I am getting a bit sick of them at this point. Kudos to Coach Jeff Brohm. This is a game we had a chance to win. I still back our coach and team. Go Cards!

I wasn’t in the stadium on the 4th quarter play I think you’re talking about. But Paul said on the radio it was the right call. It was initially ruled a fumble, then changed to an incomplete pass.

I can't ever remember a year as a fan were we got so many bad calls in critical moments. When I saw it live I thought it was an incomplete pass. But the end zone replay showed his forearm/elbow getting slapped while he was still reaching back. I dont care how good of player you are, it's incredibly hard to keep control of the football when that happens. Looked like he lost control a millisecond before pushing it forward. Am I 1000% certain of that?? No I am not, but it was so close that I think you stick with the call on the field at worst.

That being said you have to play better. The defense was terrible, particularly the tackling on numerous occasions. And the 4th and 1 play early in the 2nd half; looked like our defense was 2 yards off the ball when its obvious running situation. Those are things that can be controlled by us and we continue to make it harder on ourselves.

Reactions: AnotherCFD
The gift TD on the 3 yard line was also a huge break for Miami. That's almost like just giving your opponent seven free points out of charity.

But it was the holding penalty on the punt that put the Cards at their own three yard line that was an even bigger break for Miami. That flag was questionable and the refs all game were letting that go, but this was a chance to back Louisville up against their own end zone, so the flag was dropped.

This was a bad break for Louisville whether it was the correct call or not. We had just forced Miami to punt for the first time and we were down just three points. However, it was the Hurricanes who got two incredible fortunate breaks back to back for a gift TD and two score lead. That's the kind of season it's been for them.

I can't ever remember a year as a fan were we got so many bad calls in critical moments. When I saw it live I thought it was an incomplete pass. But the end zone replay showed his forearm/elbow getting slapped while he was still reaching back. I dont care how good of player you are, it's incredibly hard to keep control of the football when that happens. Looked like he lost control a millisecond before pushing it forward. Am I 1000% certain of that?? No I am not, but it was so close that I think you stick with the call on the field at worst.

That being said you have to play better. The defense was terrible, particularly the tackling on numerous occasions. And the 4th and 1 play early in the 2nd half; looked like our defense was 2 yards off the ball when its obvious running situation. Those are things that can be controlled by us and we continue to make it harder on ourselves.
The problem with playing better is you’re playing a team higher rated than you. They cause missed tackles and such but getting by the refs every game is a joke.

BTW it was Paul Rogers and the entire radio crew who saw it that way. Since I haven’t seen the play yet, all I can do is compare what various people are saying.

Doesn’t sound like it was conclusive either way. Just don’t claim either was obvious.

My experience is that as long as that QB arm has any forward movement, it’s ruled a pass. No matter what propels that movement…

BTW it was Paul Rogers and the entire radio crew who saw it that way. Since I haven’t seen the play yet, all I can do is compare what various people are saying.

Doesn’t sound like it was conclusive either way. Just don’t claim either was obvious.
Idgaf your source is wrong. The ball came loose then he pushed it forward. It’s a fumble

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT