ADVERTISEMENT

Announcer/Color Man on Kitty Broadcast

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Last night's kitty game had a classic broadcast moment. The color commentator (can't remember his name) evidently was an ex-Texas Longhorn defensive back.

He had a previously filmed segment with the doughboy (aka Coach Stupid, aka Stoops, aka Stoops Troops, etc). Anyway, Stoops demonstrates defensive back positioning, fundamentals, etc. The play-by-play guy quizzes his partner about a technique Stoops showed him and the guy says "well that's not the way I was ever taught to do it". I thought I would fall out of my chair!

This is their stud defensive coach? You can't make this stuff up! Classic kitty football. I've cheered against them for decades, it never gets old! Classic comedy theater!

I didn't watch a minute of the game but reading about it this morning was enjoyable. UofK blew a 25 point lead? Sounds like the same old kitty kat team to me. Decent enough talent at the starting spots and then a sharp drop off when people get tired. Lack of conditioning and depth plus poor coaching = big leads evaporating leading to second half defeats. That's been UofK football for decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT