ADVERTISEMENT

Andre McGee was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herein also is where some of the trouble may be. I don't think in the job responsibilities and duties it is listed under the director of basketball operations that you must watch the dorm or Minardi hall. AM must have requested to stay in the dorm and now we think we know why. I'm pretty much certain that David Padgett doesn't live at Minardi hall. So again who is responsible for the error in judgement to let Andre live at Minardi?

The resident hall policies which pertain to the allowance of guests is the responsibility of the resident hall director. For billy Minardi hall that person is listed as Amy Chambers. Idk if she was the hall director at the time but I doubt Andre was listed in this role. All guests must sign in and out at the front desk. The host and guest may be required to present an ID. Also of note is that billy Minardi hall and the two upperclassman dorms have 24-7 visitation privileges, but does not mean they are not required to sign in guests and visitors. There is a lot of leeway in the policies that seem to expect residents and guests to act properly as adults. In itself it appears that the University may be lax in some of their policies. I think maybe in the NCAA's opinion, they don't see how AM was able to pull this off by himself.

As I understand, Minardi doesn't just house basketball players. So it wouldn't be appropriate for McGee to have formal authority over non-basketball related operations. When I say "in charge of the dorm", that's my shorthand for the basketball players who lived there. I assume you're not questioning that...

Bottom line - AM was someone that RP thought enough of to offer a scholarship to and must have seen enough in him to offer him a position on the staff once his playing days were through. The fact that he would squander that trust in such a manner is terribly unfortunate for everyone connected to UofL.

Now that we have the benefit of hindsight, there are legitimate questions that should be asked about decisions made in real time related to the operation of the basketball program and, how safeguards are put in place (i.e. - should have McGee lived in MH) so that this type of situation never occurs again. This is constructive.

Pontificating about whether someone missed the the red flag moment of major character flaws being exposed by a 26 year old former player celebrating an NCAA championship with a cap on backwards, is frankly silly and serves only to dumb down the conversation. :rolleyes:

Reactions: nccardfan
Nope. I know you are a master of flipping things around to make it sound like you meant to say something in the first place or that person or persons just didn't understand your zippisms. I just love seeing you squirm and backtrack.

Bottom line - AM was someone that RP thought enough of to offer a scholarship to and must have seen enough in him to offer him a position on the staff once his playing days were through. The fact that he would squander that trust in such a manner is terribly unfortunate for everyone connected to UofL.

Now that we have the benefit of hindsight, there are legitimate questions that should be asked about decisions made in real time related to the operation of the basketball program and, how safeguards are put in place (i.e. - should have McGee lived in MH) so that this type of situation never occurs again. This is constructive.

Pontificating about whether someone missed the the red flag moment of major character flaws being exposed by a 26 year old former player celebrating an NCAA championship with a cap on backwards, is frankly ridiculous and silly. :rolleyes:

Well said and one of the better posts I have read lately.

Nope. I know you are a master of flipping things around to make it sound like you meant to say something in the first place or that person or persons just didn't understand your zippisms. I just love seeing you squirm and backtrack.
So, you're saying you thought that I thought McGee had formal authority over all of Minardi including members of the general student population?

You don't know me very well. (Which is no surprise...)

...Pontificating about whether someone missed the the red flag moment of major character flaws being exposed by a 26 year old former player celebrating an NCAA championship with a cap on backwards, is frankly silly and serves only to dumb down the conversation.
As a reality check, we're all in the judgment game if we're deciding Pitino's fate and what he did or didn't know. Call that "pontificate" if you want.

And there are other images to pause and reflect on...

McGee%20Composite-reduced_zpsidp1dbiw.jpg

Sure. Let's put that guy in charge of the players' dorm. :rolleyes:

McGee%20and%20Russ_zpsqvxia9pk.jpg

So, you're saying you thought that I thought McGee had formal authority over all of Minardi including members of the general student population?

You don't know me very well. (Which is no surprise...)
Then please say what you mean so you don't have to retract so much. Now I know why you have so many posts. You're always having to clarify yourself.. Cause hell you don't know what you're saying half the time. OBW - nor do I want to. You know get to know you if you couldn't comprehend that.

Then please say what you mean so you don't have to retract so much. Now I know why you have so many posts. You're always having to clarify yourself.. Cause hell you don't know what you're saying half the time. OBW - nor do I want to. You know get to know you if you couldn't comprehend that.
My experience is that most people who have communications problems either don't understand English very well, lack comprehension skills, or are just dense or naive.

Not sure which one(s) applies to you, but If I knew, it may help in future communications between us...

As a reality check, we're all in the judgment game if we're deciding Pitino's fate and what he did or didn't know. Call that "pontificate" if you want.

And there are other images to pause and reflect on...

McGee%20Composite-reduced_zpsidp1dbiw.jpg

Sure. Let's put that guy in charge of the players' dorm. :rolleyes:

McGee%20and%20Russ_zpsqvxia9pk.jpg
I have a quick reality check for you - neither you nor I, nor anyone posting here is "deciding Pitino's fate".

So as evidence of McGee's lack of judgment / character, you bring forth pictures taken in the euphoria of being a part of a program (first as a player and then as part of the staff) that just won the grandest prize in all of college basketball? What's your next evidence of character flaws we should have known - the picture of Pitino and the tattoo he got to commemorate the title?

Zipp, I think you've watched too much Dr. Phil. Honestly though, I would think you of all people would be against the standard of judgement on someone's character to be based upon public images...:oops:

Reactions: OneEarWonder
Maybe if you have so many problems communicating, maybe the problem is in the mirror. You seem to accuse quite a few people of lack of comprehension. I think it's your lack of people skills.

BP ghost,

Please, you're making too much sense. I want to see just how stupid he goes with this. I actually thought he was smart at some things but judging people from a photo and expecting to know what they might do 4 years later? Maybe he should be a criminal profiler? Just send him some photos...

Reactions: BPGhost
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT