ADVERTISEMENT

Andre McGee was

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAQ

New Poster, Show Me Love
Oct 24, 2015
OK, so I've waited a while to let the dust settle. Haven't posted a single thing about the scandal, but can't hold back from venting a little because of my hatred for Andre McGee.

Here goes:

1-I couldn't stand McGee as a player (short, slow, non-athletic, bad shooter, and crybaby). Always thought he got too much credit from Pitino when the guy played here.
2-Next, I hated the hire when it was announced that McGee would be a paid assistant. Too young and thought it was a carryover of Rick's inexplicably high opinion of the kid as a player
3-Lastly, McGee was living in Minardi Hall if I understand correctly? Very bad move. Obviously the players never respected this guy, and how could they? He was one of them. Close in age, and clearly very immature - just like some of them.
4-What an absolute moron. Rick's off-the-court judgment has been dubious at best since he's been here, and this was yet another miscalculation. I've always said RP gets an A for coaching and an F for extracurricular associations while at Louisville.

In summation, it all makes me sick - especially since it very much appears to be 100% rooted in McGee's independent actions.

Pretty good analysis.

A point that's not being discussed that was clearly Pitino's fault in this matter was hiring and retaining McGee. Your reference of "immature" is spot on and was at the root of his issues. As simple evidence, look at him mugging with the 2013 trophy and his hat on backwards.

Pitino should have noticed that and taken action. It was a coed guarding the dorm and an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully, Pitino never makes that mistake again...

It was a well thought out analysis.

It's hard to argue with as long as it turns out McGee acted alone. If that turns out to be true, (and so far that all we have heard), then the OP is spot on accurate with his thoughts on the situation IMO.

Pretty good analysis.

A point that's not being discussed that was clearly Pitino's fault in this matter was hiring and retaining McGee. Your reference of "immature" is spot on and was at the root of his issues. As simple evidence, look at him mugging with the 2013 trophy and his hat on backwards.

Pitino should have noticed that and taken action. It was a coed guarding the dorm and an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully, Pitino never makes that mistake again...
Good point. I thought it was odd that McGee jumped in that photo as a coach acting like a player. You're right that should have been a warning sign. Having said that he hadn't given anyone any indicatio/reason think he would go so bad.

At the end of the day Andre is a card and will always be one of us. No doubt he screwed up badly and used very poor judgement. There's no need to kick the man while he's down because him as a coach and us as supporters of the program has been through enough the last six months.

Andre f***** up and he knows. I'm not saying we need to rally around and support the guy, all I'm saying is let's just continue to let things play out and continue to separate ourselves from the guy.

Good point. I thought it was odd that McGee jumped in that photo as a coach acting like a player. You're right that should have been a warning sign. Having said that he hadn't given anyone any indicatio/reason think he would go so bad.
Sad part about that photo is he was already three years into throwing the parties. He was having a great time and enjoying himself and at the same time putting the screws to the program. In hindsight that photo is a very two sided/ two faced image.

Sorry, but I have no respect for him anymore.

Sorry but if McGee was the one who set this whole mess up from the beginning that ultimately caused a ban for our program and cost Lee & Lewis their only shot to play in the NCAA tournament then I have ZERO! respect or remorse for him and certainly will not just move on from it. He's the next Pete Rose as far as I'm concerned. Never want to see or hear from him again and certainly do not offer him any empathy.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I haven't heard Andre speak but hope he does soon. Girls + dancing= happens everywhere. We aren't through with this yet but that could be all it is. Hopefully we know the truth soon. We already heard a professor say that there was less there than we'd been led to believe.

Keep telling yourself that we took a postseason ban just for dances and girls...

Exactly. Fandom for many people means being completely blind. I really didn't want to read the book, but a colleague of mine laid it on my desk a few weeks ago. Naturally, my curiosity got the best of me and I read it. The greatest fiction writer of all time couldn't spin yarn like that. Certainly Katina Powell is full of inconsistencies and has lied about certain things, but there's no question in my mind that she was paid by McGee to provide sex to recruits and players. If people are actually willing to believe that sex workers were on campus that many times and did not provide sex, then I guess there's no way to talk them out of their belief.

Here's the confusing part for me. It seems impossible to provide actual financial proof that the payment was for sex. Of course, we don't have all the information the university has, but the self-imposed sanctions almost preclude us from denying that sex for money took place.

I haven't heard Andre speak but hope he does soon. Girls + dancing= happens everywhere. We aren't through with this yet but that could be all it is. Hopefully we know the truth soon. We already heard a professor say that there was less there than we'd been led to believe.
Wouldn't hold your breath for that presser. McGee won't be talking soon - if ever, which is my bet. There is absolutely no reason if you are him to ever go on record and I feel fairly certain that's the advice Scott Cox - a close friend of RP's and, who took him as a client as a favor to the university - is giving him.

If AM is any type of a man, he will speak. I've heard CRP talk about the fine upstanding family he is from. Only a real man would admit his involvement and answer the whys of all this. If he doesn't own up... The rest of AM life he will carry the burden and it will destroy him. The truth will set you free.

If AM is any type of a man, he will speak. I've heard CRP talk about the fine upstanding family he is from. Only a real man would admit his involvement and answer the whys of all this. If he doesn't own up... The rest of AM life he will carry the burden and it will destroy him. The truth will set you free.
Except in the cases where the truth can incarcerate you...

Reactions: ClockCalamity
Yep, McGee just needs to keep quiet. If cash was paid it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to trace. Of course, the NCAA is not a court of law, so they don't really need rock solid evidence. Still, there is nothing he could add of value. We know why he did it. He's immature. He either thought it would help the team or he was just having fun at the city's expense. Never expect someone who gets paid to have sex with total strangers to ever keep their mouth shut. C'mon McGee.

OK, so I've waited a while to let the dust settle. Haven't posted a single thing about the scandal, but can't hold back from venting a little because of my hatred for Andre McGee.

Here goes:

1-I couldn't stand McGee as a player (short, slow, non-athletic, bad shooter, and crybaby). Always thought he got too much credit from Pitino when the guy played here.
2-Next, I hated the hire when it was announced that McGee would be a paid assistant. Too young and thought it was a carryover of Rick's inexplicably high opinion of the kid as a player
3-Lastly, McGee was living in Minardi Hall if I understand correctly? Very bad move. Obviously the players never respected this guy, and how could they? He was one of them. Close in age, and clearly very immature - just like some of them.
4-What an absolute moron. Rick's off-the-court judgment has been dubious at best since he's been here, and this was yet another miscalculation. I've always said RP gets an A for coaching and an F for extracurricular associations while at Louisville.

In summation, it all makes me sick - especially since it very much appears to be 100% rooted in McGee's independent actions.
Blaming Pitino for another adult human beings poor judgement? Absurd. How exactly should he have know this was going to happen? What signs of trouble did we see from AM while he was here? Maybe the fans are at fault since we didn't spot it either?

Rick set such a fine example..... too.

Typical Cat Trash. Look, our program has endured some tough times; no questioning that. But, how any organization represented by John Calipari can claim moral superiority is beyond me. Outside of our problems, your coach is universally recognized as a slimy cheater. 85% of your own fanbase would have agreed while he was coaching Memphis less than eight years ago.

Rick set such a fine example..... too.
Look I'm not defending what Rick did it was wrong. AM was wrong. But people make mistakes and what Rick did has nothing to do with this. It was a bad case of judgment. We've all been there. Now they are paying. No need to spark up a fire that's already out

Typical Cat Trash. Look, our program has endured some tough times; no questioning that. But, how any organization represented by John Calipari can claim moral superiority is beyond me. Outside of our problems, your coach is universally recognized as a slimy cheater. 85% of your own fanbase would have agreed while he was coaching Memphis less than eight years ago.
Saying that Cal cheated is like saying Rick cheated and knew about the sex scandal! Neither has been proven and being a cat fan I don't know if he did or not but I like the truth and as of right now nothing says he did. Just like nothing said Cal cheated. So if your gonna claim the world thinks Cal is a cheater then by that logic you have to believe Rick knew about all of this and is a cheater. How could one coach knew what was going on with a single player in the '90s and one not know what's going on in his own dorm room in 2015?!! I'd say neither are clean but you can't put one on a pedestal and the other in the gutter

I guess you never read / posted on raftards during his tenure at Memphis. The time around when he beat you yuts for Rose was particularly vitriolic from big hillbilly nation as to what a slimy cheater that he had to have been to pull recruits like that.

Try knowing your own history before you troll over here with that weakazz bullcrap.

I guess you never read / posted on raftards during his tenure at Memphis. The time around when he beat you yuts for Rose was particularly vitriolic from big hillbilly nation as to what a slimy cheater that he had to have been to pull recruits like that.

Try knowing your own history before you troll over here with that weakazz bullcrap.
I know my history. I never thought much about Calipari. Why would I? It's not like Memphis is a rival of UK.

Nope Cal4Pres. Let's try it the other way around. If your fanbase believes CRP knew what was going on then it's like saying calimari knew what was going on, except it's happen twice, at UMASS and at Memphis. So it's not a reach to think there has been some things overlooked or permitted at UK, right?

I know my history. I never thought much about Calipari. Why would I? It's not like Memphis is a rival of UK.
What happened at UMASS &Memphis? You are reaching. You are talking hypotheticals. We know for a fact what has been going on at UofL.
1. Complete BS. All of you yuts thought about cal on the reg when he was beating you at uk's 2nd favorite sport - recruiting - which totally made him a rival. They may not have been on the schedule but slimy cal was still whooping that azz.
2. What do you know for a fact? Are you part of the Louisville administration, or Chuck Smrt? The facts will come out but as of right now the only thing for sure, is that you're a yut troll.

kansas vs memphis .it is time for kansas to win another. memphis is a great team, but i simply cant pull for calipari and the way he runs a program. rock chalk jayhawk . Matt jones.

cat fan says:
april 5th, 2008 at 11:56 pm

not sure why everyone wants to pile on cal. he can absolutely get the best players in the country to come to memphis and he plays an exciting brand of basketball.

Matt Jones Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:01 am

All the while running one of the dirtiest programs in America .

E-ROCK Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:43 am

Matt Jones-if you have some sort of proof about Calipari running a dirty program, or even suspicions-I seriously would love to hear about them. Please make a new post about the issue, or re-post an old one that supports these claims.

I am a big Calipari fan. I think the guy is a tremendous program builder, a great coach, and a class act. If you really believe otherwise, please educate me as to why I am wrong.

Matt Jones Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:57 am

I am not going to make a post on the subject. But travel in recruiting circles and you won't find anyone who thinks that program is clean. You are free to have any feeling about Calipari u wish but I am not a fan of his tactics on building a program.

Reactions: BPGhost
Sorry but if McGee was the one who set this whole mess up from the beginning that ultimately caused a ban for our program and cost Lee & Lewis their only shot to play in the NCAA tournament then I have ZERO! respect or remorse for him and certainly will not just move on from it. He's the next Pete Rose as far as I'm concerned. Never want to see or hear from him again and certainly do not offer him any empathy.

Saying that Cal cheated is like saying Rick cheated and knew about the sex scandal! Neither has been proven and being a cat fan I don't know if he did or not but I like the truth and as of right now nothing says he did. Just like nothing said Cal cheated. So if your gonna claim the world thinks Cal is a cheater then by that logic you have to believe Rick knew about all of this and is a cheater. How could one coach knew what was going on with a single player in the '90s and one not know what's going on in his own dorm room in 2015?!! I'd say neither are clean but you can't put one on a pedestal and the other in the gutter
Cal's a smart guy yet he couldn't figure out Camby was taking money when all of a sudden he has new wheels and $10,000 worth of bling? You also think he didn't know Rose couldn't pass his ACT somehow ends up in Detroit and aces it? Cmon every coach in the country knows when his recruit is testing.

Cal's a smart guy yet he couldn't figure out Camby was taking money when all of a sudden he has new wheels and $10,000 worth of bling? You also think he didn't know Rose couldn't pass his ACT somehow ends up in Detroit and aces it? Cmon every coach in the country knows when his recruit is testing.
Absolutely these players are these coaches lives. Please...Of course he knew everything that was going on with Camby/Rose. Scamapari is so easy to see through. An obvious snake.

Watch out!!! I think Luke Hancock was wearing his hat cocked to the side. Who knows what he's planning!!
When did Luke do that as a coach or even as an ex-player?

How stupid does it look to have on a suit and tie with your ball cap on backwards? And he was four years out of college in 2013, and 26 or 27 years old.

That photo alone isn't conclusive. But little glimpses like that are all we see as fans on the outside. There should have been a hundred other examples of that immaturity that Pitino and his assistants saw on the inside. And evidently ignored it...

Last edited:
Zipp,

Do you know how to use google? Type in Luke Hancock and it is the first photo you see of him holding the NCAA trophy.

You do know that McGee was part of the staff at that time and as part of the team should have been able to celebrate however he wanted to. The error is making a judgement about someone based on a photo... Well except when I see your choice of photo.

When did Luke do that as a coach or even as an ex-player?

How stupid does it look to have on a suit and tie with your ball cap on backwards? And he was four years out of college in 2013, and 26 or 27 years old.

That photo alone isn't conclusive. But little glimpses like that are all we see as fans on the outside. There should have been a hundred other examples of that immaturity that Pitino and his assistants saw on the inside. And evidently ignored it...

Really Zipp. Rolleyes.
Once again, DO NOT THROW STONES, in a Cards.......glass house.

Reactions: nccardfan
Zipp,

Do you know how to use google? Type in Luke Hancock and it is the first photo you see of him holding the NCAA trophy.

You do know that McGee was part of the staff at that time and as part of the team should have been able to celebrate however he wanted to. The error is making a judgement about someone based on a photo... Well except when I see your choice of photo.
That just confirms what I said...

What a guy does as a player is a different matter entirely than what he does in a position of authority over players. Find me one picture of any OTHER U of L coach besides McGee mugging the way he did in their capacities as coaches. And if you want, go back in the history of U of L coaches to find examples, and please take your time.

McGee was an accident waiting to happen, and that and ignoring it is what I really blame Pitino for in this matter. Not the strippers...

How about Mike Marra who served as student assistant coach for the 2012-13 season and is shown in several pics wearing his hat backward? What's your excuse now?

Reactions: awf
How about Mike Marra who served as student assistant coach for the 2012-13 season and is shown in several pics wearing his hat backward? What's your excuse now?
Marra was ON that team, not a coach. And he just didn't play because of injury. He was recruited along with Siva and SVT, and he sure as hell wasn't in charge of the dorm.

Keep trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT