ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
There have been numerous articles discussing the top 8 football games in UofL history and not one, nada, zippo, zilch has any of those important games vs the cayuts. I just cannot believe this. Hey zipp maybe you have something going with your comments about not playing those fools any longer. I respectfully disagree with you about that but your point is seemingly valid as we have nothing to gain from playing the cayuts any longer other than to help them build up their morbid program. :p:D

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
The way I look at it, those games against the kitties were important as it meant the end of Crapthorpe and don't kid yourselves, that was the first and foremost reason we got rid of him.

On a regular season game, I think the most underrated game we've ever played was our win over Southern Miss in Hattiesburg Breeder's Cup Day 2000; before then we hadn't won a league title, South Miss was the bully at the top of the mountain that would kick us right when we would get to the pinnacle and I believe they were Top 12 that year. I see that game as a pivot point for our football program beyond just about any regular season game we've ever played.

On a regular season game, I think the most underrated game we've ever played was our win over Southern Miss in Hattiesburg Breeder's Cup Day 2000; before then we hadn't won a league title, South Miss was the bully at the top of the mountain that would kick us right when we would get to the pinnacle and I believe they were Top 12 that year. I see that game as a pivot point for our football program beyond just about any regular season game we've ever played.
Southern Miss was a great and a worthy rival. Our paths have changed but I do miss the annual hook ups.

Reactions: gocds
Southern Miss was a great and a worthy rival. Our paths have changed but I do miss the annual hook ups.

The issue with USM is that they just have been constrained by conference affiliation just as we would have been if not for the Big East and then the ACC. Their geographic location doesn't really help their cause either. I really do think that they are more of an $ec team than the other Mississippi schools. It is my understanding that they are the largest public university in Mississippi. Hattiesburg isn't any help either. And, by the way, that goes for East Carolina also. USM should make a major push for the American especially if Houston moves to the BigXII.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

UL beat Southern Miss in 1981. I think that was the first time that UL ever beat a ranked team. Southern Miss had tied Alabama earlier that year and was ranked 12-14th. in the nation.

If you have a big win over LPT, it says more about you than them. I'm an old fart, and I now recognize that...

Reactions: gocds
Heard Andrea Adelson on 93.9 tonite in-studio. She was asked about U of L's chances of getting into the CFP if we lose tomorrow. Her answer... No, because compared to Clemson and FSU, our OOC schedule is too weak.

And this is with Houston on the schedule. One of the "producers" hosting the show had to remind her that we also have an SEC team on it. Not sure whether she was forgetting jokingly, or whether she doesn't instinctively associate LPT with the SEC.

Anyone who thinks the strength of our schedule is no longer an issue with ACC membership may be mistaken. Unless we simply need to go undefeated to qualify...

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT