ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: Aly Khalifa Commits To Cards (Will Redshirt)

This isn't horrible. Horrible is signing Juco players outside the Top 200. Or going to NBA Africa. Or signing reclassifies who go to Australia.

But it's strange. Players were always on 1 year contracts since scholarships are just for 1 year, but these days with the Portal, a guy coming in as a redshirt could get room, board, tuition and NIL for a season, and never play a game for you.

And we're a team with like, 4 guys, taking on a redshirt.

Strange times.

Reactions: shadow force
For a multitude of reasons I hope he’s getting next to nothing when it comes to NIL.

At least for next year - Mia Khalifa would have been a better pickup.

Or Wiz…

Last edited:
For a multitude of reasons I hope he’s getting next to nothing when it comes to NIL.

At least for next year - Mia Khalifa would have been a better pickup.

Or Wiz…
then why would he come here when others would pay? would be just dumb to pick us w/o getting any assurances of pay when he could go and get paid elsewhere.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Do have to wonder if he comes for a free ride, rehabs, the leaves to join his old coach at BYUK.
why would he do that? is that how you think that if you were in his position you;d move across the country to get healed then move again to play? why not just go to UK? that's just stupid thinking

then why would he come here when others would pay? would be just dumb to pick us w/o getting any assurances of pay when he could go and get paid elsewhere.
I’m not saying that’s what happened - I’m saying that’s what I hope happened. The reality is that he is an out of shape 5 who shoots 38% from the field and needs to either rehab or have surgery on his knee.

That is not the profile of someone that UofL should be giving much - if any - NIL money. If others programs would like to - IMO, be my guest.

why would he do that? is that how you think that if you were in his position you;d move across the country to get healed then move again to play? why not just go to UK? that's just stupid thinking
First off - I don’t think he was a strong take for uk. Secondly, the notion that a kid wouldn’t transfer to one school only to turn around and transfer again prior to ever playing for that school, is beyond antiquated at this point.

It’s literally happening every day.

I’m not saying that’s what happened - I’m saying that’s what I hope happened. The reality is that he is an out of shape 5 who shoots 38% from the field and needs to either rehab or have surgery on his knee.

That is not the profile of someone that UofL should be giving much - if any - NIL money. If others programs would like to - IMO, be my guest.
courier journal says he was the best passing big man in the country, why wouldn't any team want that

courier journal says he was the best passing big man in the country, why wouldn't any team want that
Well if the courier journal said that - why did you say that to begin with? 🙄

If you’re a 5 and you shoot it at a 38% clip, I can understand why you would be looking to pass. I hope he turns out to be solid, I’m simply saying what I’ve seen of him appears to be underwhelming. He projects as a depth piece - and not even beginning until next year - I just don’t think he’s the type of player UofL should be handing a bunch of NIL money to.

If you do - that’s ok.

Why would he do that? Let’s see. He gets a free ride, some NIL, doesn’t play, gets to USE UL then buddies up to his old coach while making rival UL look like a chump. Seems like even stupid thinking could see this as a possibility. But then…maybe stupid thinking is a high bar for some. Not saying this is all in play…just saying that nothing is beyond the possibility when it comes to the yuts. Let’s wait and see how it plays out.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT