ADVERTISEMENT

AHB Rumors & Grad Transfer Rules

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
The college football spring transfer window's closing date of April 30 applies only to underclassmen.

Grad transfers will be given an extra day — through Wednesday, May 1 — to enter their name into the transfer portal, multiple sources clarified to 247Sports.

Graduate transfer rules have shifted considerably over the past week. Previously, grad transfers were not subject to the NCAA's transfer windows. They were allowed to enter the transfer portal at any time.

"Due to the timing of the adoption of Proposal No. 2024-5, postgraduate student-athletes in football, women's ice hockey, rife, skiing, women's swimming and diving and indoor track and field have until May 1, 2024 to provide written notice of transfer in order to be entered into the transfer portal before the start of the 2024-25 academic year."

That's pretty clear. I think the reports of him coming back were BS. The rules are pretty clear at this point, Grad Transfers had until May 1st to get in the portal. There's no more open season rule for Grad Transfers. So whoever was spreading the AHB returning rumor was just creating something out of thin air, because someone in the know would've known that the deadline has passed. He'll be at SC this year and that should end this.

That's my interpretation of things, but someone may know something else or have a different rule? I could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.