ADVERTISEMENT

Advice needed on a $100 parlay.

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
I have a $100 bonus bet on DraftKings that expires after Saturday. I'm trying to decide if I should go conservative and pick a 10 team parlay of huge favorites. No spread, just moneyline.

Teams like OSU, USC. Michigan, FSU and so on. All ten teams are favorites by 18 or more but just have to win the game. The payoff on that $100 bet is around $200, and since the $100 is a free bet with the bonus, I would win $200.

But, if I use that $100 bet for a 5 team parlay with longer odds but still very good teams, the payoff would be around $1700.

Example.

I have Washington State +4 against UCLA. I have Oklahoma +6 against Texas and a couple of favorites like LSU -4 and Colorado -4. I'm thinking of making Washington State and Colorado moneyline bets. And for the 5th team I picked Clemson -21 or Florida - 18.

That would pay $1700 for a $100 bet. How often do we get a free $100 bet? The question I'm asking is should I go for a big payout on a handful of very good teams or go conservative by picking 10 or so chalk favorites that won't pay anywhere near enough a 10 team parlay would normally bring?

I was living in Arizona during their launch in 2021 and had the free bets from all the major sites and tried all the different strategies.

Parlays are certainly the most lucrative. I’ve hit on some pretty massive parlays, with the same type of strategy you laid out. Find your locks at low odds, pair them together, cash out.

But if you don’t plan on putting more $$ into DK if the bet loses, I’d recommend finding ONE good bet and straight betting the $100 on it. Do that again next week with the profits. Slowly grow that free $100 with good, sure bets.

Overall, I wouldn’t put the $100 on one place. Make two $25 parlays with huge upside. And then use the other $50 for what you feel is a lock. Worst case, you make $40ish bucks on the $50, get back to $100, and go against next week. Best case, the lock hits and the two parlays hit and you make yourself $400-500

This $100 bonus bet was for referring a friend and I cannot break it up. I have to bet the entire $100.

Been gambling for many a moons. 10 team Parlays are just not wise. Even if you’re going big favorites money line. Odds are just not your favor. For roughly the last 35 years - out of 10 games with favorites (favorited by 10 or more points) 3.4 will lose. That’s facts. So you actually have a better shot of taking the points in big spread games. Over the last 35 years these hit at about 51 percent.
But it’s all about research and information. Pick your spots wisely. And never bet just to bet. You’re playing with house money and you say that you have to use it all on one bet. I would pick one game. It’s your best shot. But it’s called gambling for a reason lol
Best of luck.
I think you might consider narrowing your potential betting choices down to 3 games. Then share your three options with the board here and request feedback. And you will get feedback. Most will be $h!t lol but you will get some good info and it might be very helpful. Couldn’t hurt. The more info you get the better!
Good luck 😉

Reactions: rmac
Well, I have other bets than this $100 bet. I have went with 4 and 5 bet parlays usually, having hit a couple and will be doing that again today.

It's just this $100 bet that I'm struggling with. I can bet it on a four game parlay and win maybe a couple hundred dollars, but the possibility of a thousand dollars or more is enticing.

Let's say I take Colorado - 4, Washington State +3.5, LSU -5 and Texas moneyline as a 4 bet parlay. A $100 bet on this would pay close to $500.

However, if I include 6 huge favorites as moneyline bets, the payoff then is around $1600. Teams like USC, Clemson, Michigan, Florida State, Wisconsin and Miami.

The chances that any of these 6 big favorites would lose the game are remote.

So should I just bet the 4 teams or extend the parlay to 10 with these big favorites?

I'm not going to place the $100 bet on one game. It wouldn't pay enough unless I took UK moneyline or something like that. A 15 point underdog winning straight up.

Well, I have other bets than this $100 bet. I have went with 4 and 5 bet parlays usually, having hit a couple and will be doing that again today.

It's just this $100 bet that I'm struggling with. I can bet it on a four game parlay and win maybe a couple hundred dollars, but the possibility of a thousand dollars or more is enticing.

Let's say I take Colorado - 4, Washington State +3.5, LSU -5 and Texas moneyline as a 4 bet parlay. A $100 bet on this would pay close to $500.

However, if I include 6 huge favorites as moneyline bets, the payoff then is around $1600. Teams like USC, Clemson, Michigan, Florida State, Wisconsin and Miami.

The chances that any of these 6 big favorites would lose the game are remote.

So should I just bet the 4 teams or extend the parlay to 10 with these big favorites?

I'm not going to place the $100 bet on one game. It wouldn't pay enough unless I took UK moneyline or something like that. A 15 point underdog winning straight up.
It depends on what your objective is? It sounds like you want to take big risk for the big reward. Exactly what the book loves. This philosophy never works over the long haul. You should be more interested in growing your nest. Let me ask you this… what did your start out with money wise and where do you stand now? If you’re doing it for fun and not really keeping track and maybe you have an allotted amount of entertainment $$$… if that is the case then I’m with you, go for the big win you will obviously lose more often the not. But when you win big it feels real good lol

I lost. Texas took me down. I had them moneyline and they just let Oklahoma move the ball 80 yards in under 2 minutes and score a TD.

Wouldn't of matter how many I had in the parlay because Texas was my second most confident choice. I had LSU moneyline. Win. I had Virginia. Win.

Sucks.

Man TX just blew that game all the way. I think they had a 2nd and Goal from the 1 or 2 yard line and didn't get points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT