ADVERTISEMENT

(Adidas School) Rutgers Has Two Top 5 Recruits Committed For 2024

NJ kids but still Adidas isn’t even trying to help Louisville or KP has totally mess that up too.

Correct in that we don’t have status with Adidas now and obviously there’s nothing Nike can do for us, so we are in no mans land with a former Nike bag man for Cal as our coach at an Adidas school 🙄

Reactions: rh62531
Hop made a great point. It's easy to look at KP's lack of X's and O's and KP and his staff's lack of game preparation. Also, it's easy to look at recruiting and just blame Kenny. But what have Crum's former players done to rally as a community to help a fellow alumni who is failing?

When Pitino took over, he pretty much shut out Crum's former players. You can wonder if this was narcissism and Pitino wanting UofL to be all about Pitino. But the bottom line is the Crum players were shut out.

After Pitino left, UofL hired one of Denny's former players as HC. What did the rest of the UofL Crum players do of any substance to help?

1. Pervis - Has sent us a 3-star for down the road. Basically nothing.
2. Wagner family - As Hop said, didn't deliver DJ. Basically nothing.
3. MgBako. This kid left Duke and was basically for sale to the highest bidder. Where was Junior Bridgeman with his stacks of money? Yeah he's had issues but still an elite 5-star we could have bought but didn't.

Have the former players done anything of substance to help the program other than voicing support that I'm missing? Serious question, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

The UofL community of former Crum players didn't deliver for Kenny when they had opportunities to help. It's not the main reason Kenny is failing but it's a factor. Kenny is failing, but he's also not getting any substantive help from former Crum players that I can see.

Reactions: rh62531
Hop made a great point. It's easy to look at KP's lack of X's and O's and KP and his staff's lack of game preparation. Also, it's easy to look at recruiting and just blame Kenny. But what have Crum's former players done to rally as a community to help a fellow alumni who is failing?

When Pitino took over, he pretty much shut out Crum's former players. You can wonder if this was narcissism and Pitino wanting UofL to be all about Pitino. But the bottom line is the Crum players were shut out.

After Pitino left, UofL hired one of Denny's former players as HC. What did the rest of the UofL Crum players do of any substance to help?

1. Pervis - Has sent us a 3-star for down the road. Basically nothing.
2. Wagner family - As Hop said, didn't deliver DJ. Basically nothing.
3. MgBako. This kid left Duke and was basically for sale to the highest bidder. Where was Junior Bridgeman with his stacks of money? Yeah he's had issues but still an elite 5-star we could have bought but didn't.

Have the former players done anything of substance to help the program other than voicing support that I'm missing? Serious question, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

The UofL community of former Crum players didn't deliver for Kenny when they had opportunities to help. It's not the main reason Kenny is failing but it's a factor. Kenny is failing, but he's also not getting any substantive help from former Crum players that I can see.
Eaves provided some nice transportation for Flowers and his family and some boosters gave them a nice money package. Clark , White, And Brandon c also have nice vehicles from Bluegras Audi thru Eaves.

Mgbako has been an energetic plus to IU. Would have been huge addition with Johnson, James, White, Clark as far as hustle.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I think the point is, the staff just hasn't gotten the results on the court and they haven't hit the lotto on recruiting either.

No DJ, no Bradshaw, no Mgbako, just no splash pick up two years into it now, and year 3 doesn't look good, if he's getting a year 3.

They are holding one verbal for next year, a rising 3* from Pervis. It's just not the kind of help people envisioned a few years ago. No offense to that kid at all, but what can he do for Kenny going into year 3 after two straight awful seasons, if year two is awful as it appears headed.

This year's class was decent, but the jewel left 'em hanging and he didn't pull any Jr/Sr out of portal to help get wins. Wasted scholarships on the Miami transfer and the JUCO instead. No explanation at all on either of those guys, they just don't play. Which means, it's fair to assume they suck. Evans is a project. Not sure what is up with Okorafor but I expected the guy to crack the rotation, but nothing. And we get no info on any of it. LOL! So why should we even care? I gotta tell ya, I don't anymore. But it's fascinating still.

It's great he's got Eaves getting guys cars. Now he needs all the other former players to get some kid's family's houses or something. This man needs help. Or maybe it's just over.

I'm really trying to picture a happy ending here I just can't see it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT