ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Athletic Directors to consider 9-game conference schedule this Friday

PushupMan

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
See the link below from the Atlanta Journal Constitution for the Georgia Tech AD's take on this issue. I hope they go to a 9 game schedule, but another possibility they are considering is an 8-game schedule with a requirement that schools also schedule two Power-5 teams in the non-conference.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/accs-interesting-alternative-to-potential-nine-gam/nsBhn/

The second option is intriguing .. and UofL does a pretty good job of meeting this criteria already ... this year we don't have two Power-5 opponents, but Houston and Marshall on the road are certainly both worthy of being considered tough opponents.... For the next 10 years (assuming the UK series continues forever), we already have the two power 5 school requirement covered in 7 of the 10 years.

2017: Purdue (at Lucas Oil Stadium), at Kentucky
2018: Alabama (at Orlando), Kentucky
2019: Notre Dame, at Kentucky
2020: at Notre Dame, Kentucky
2021: at Kentucky
2022: Kentucky
2023: Indiana (at Lucas Oil Stadium), Notre Dame, at Kentucky
2024: Indiana, Kentucky
2025: at Indiana, at Kentucky
2026: Kentucky (and maybe another game at Notre Dame, but this has not been scheduled or announced)

If we do go to the eight plus two model, I hope we can get home and homes against the top SEC schools. It would be great to get bucket list trips to Knoxville, Athens, Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa, and Auburn checked off that list before I'm too old to get out of my recliner!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News