ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of Satt fans called out naysayers after UCF game.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Where are you now? 30-13 to start the 4th and lose? I said before this game could go either way, but to choke that badly? Not good. Get that hick, country bumpkin outta here. He’s a fish out of water.

Reactions: Deeva
To me it looks like Satterfield is in an untenable situation. You just can't lose games like that in front of the home crowd and hope to keep fan support. Whether UofL administration cares about that is yet to be seen.

I’ll also say the media propaganda squad that got mad about the anonymous comments about program turmoil saying it was lies despite the coaches leaving and transfers. Guys like Blankenbaker obsessing over sUcKs issues to distract from the ones that were evident.

I’m not a Satt naysayer, but I haven’t been big on him. I’m just neutral right now on the team because I wasn’t that high on the group to begin with.

Now Idk if Satt can recruit to the level to get our talent where we need to be where we want, but take Malik off this offense and we’re probably 2-4 or 1-5. If we get Malik back for 2022, I’ll feel good. If he transfer out then we’re in trouble. We have good talent coming back, but if we don’t have a QB it could be a worry.

UofL sports is cursed and I don't believe in curses. They lose more close games to bad officiating, bad breaks and bad decisions almost always having a disastrous effect.

They lose way more replay reviews and suffer more key injuries to needed players than most schools. And when they have that rare awesome team, something weird always stops it in its tracks.

UofL women's hoops team loses to Mississippi State in the final 4 when an obvious foul wasn't called on the Bulldogs. Lamar wins the Heisman despite the curse striking down the last three games that season.

The best Cards baseball team lost on a fluke grand slam to Cal State Fullerton. And the top program of the University, the men's hoops team has fallen off the edge of the flat earth since winning the 2013 title.

And we all know what happened to that title.

The sports Gods, who I don't believe in, hate the University of Louisville.

We have a lot of young players the announcer said we only had 12 seniors. I like the young players we have they are talented and they play hard. I don’t think that is our problem it is the play calling. If it is to transparent to me then it is obviously to transparent to the guy across the field who is being paid a few million.

Reactions: rh62531
UofL sports is cursed and I don't believe in curses. They lose more close games to bad officiating, bad breaks and bad decisions almost always having a disastrous effect.

They lose way more replay reviews and suffer more key injuries to needed players than most schools. And when they have that rare awesome team, something weird always stops it in its tracks.

UofL women's hoops team loses to Mississippi State in the final 4 when an obvious foul wasn't called on the Bulldogs. Lamar wins the Heisman despite the curse striking down the last three games that season.

The best Cards baseball team lost on a fluke grand slam to Cal State Fullerton. And the top program of the University, the men's hoops team has fallen off the edge of the flat earth since winning the 2013 title.

And we all know what happened to that title.

The sports Gods, who I don't believe in, hate the University of Louisville.
There you have it, folks. Turn your fan hood off and go jump off a cliff.

Where are you now? 30-13 to start the 4th and lose? I said before this game could go either way, but to choke that badly? Not good. Get that hick, country bumpkin outta here. He’s a fish out of water.
Satterfield needs to burn his visor

We have a lot of young players the announcer said we only had 12 seniors. I like the young players we have they are talented and they play hard. I don’t think that is our problem it is the play calling. If it is to transparent to me then it is obviously to transparent to the guy across the field who is being paid a few million.
Agree wholeheartedly. We have the talent to finish and win more games than we are. That’s proven by the leads we are building with our offense AND defense. But then we get conservative on defense and start the prevent or that damn rush 3 and let an unpressured QB feast on our 8 defenders back BS. So frustrating. We definitely need a new DC. Brown has had his chance.

I agree I know we have a crazy number of Freshmen , RS Freshmen, and Sophomores and that’s a good thing. However our D flat out sucks and the 3-4 D isn’t working not even a little. We seem to take our foot off the gas on both O and D at times. Not sure if it’s players or coaching, but I think it’s scheme and that makes it coaching. Seventeen point lead and we allowed it to turn into a loss.

Reactions: Steelers2012
When you watch the playback of the game....when UVA was down by 17 in the second half...Bronco Mindenhall told his players to just settle down and keep on plugging away and they would win this game. They did and they WON.

That is what very good but not great coaches do to win. And win they did. Bronco is not what I would call a great coach...but he is solid and has won wherever he has coached. He and his staff are very good at what they do. He was very gracious in his comments about UofL after the game too.

Young teams need good to great coaching....this Cards team needs that...right now they are snakebite, yet if not for a final play missed FG and one earlier too...they were in position to win the game...the margin for victory or defeat is very thin this year in the ACC. Parity is real.

Execution of play calling is a key to victory. I despise the 3 man rush prevent defense (yea prevent you from winning) and once again this Cards team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. FB losses can be a cruel life lesson to handle for both the players and the fans.

Does anyone find fault with the players effort today? I don't. They fought hard and competed. As Howard often said..."we played like dogs today...but they are my dogs" and I love um.

Cards must go back and practice harder to get better and come back next game to compete even harder to win. No quit in this team.

I hope the fan base shows some fortitude and does not give up on them. Still 6 games to go. All can be won save one IMO or lost. Just don't give up.

Cards could still be stuck at FG Stadium and in CUSA or the AAC or worse if not for our great fanbase. Back then... a game like today would give much reason for HOPE....and fans would show up just to tailgate, socialize and support the team with their presence if nothing else. Winning will come. Just don't quit on the team.

Go Cards!!!

When you watch the playback of the game....when UVA was down by 17 in the second half...Bronco Mindenhall told his players to just settle down and keep on plugging away and they would win this game. They did and they WON.

That is what very good but not great coaches do to win. And win they did. Bronco is not what I would call a great coach...but he is solid and has won wherever he has coached. He and his staff are very good at what they do. He was very gracious in his comments about UofL after the game too.

Young teams need good to great coaching....this Cards team needs that...right now they are snakebite, yet if not for a final play missed FG and one earlier too...they were in position to win the game...the margin for victory or defeat is very thin this year in the ACC. Parity is real.

Execution of play calling is a key to victory. I despise the 3 man rush prevent defense (yea prevent you from winning) and once again this Cards team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. FB losses can be a cruel life lesson to handle for both the players and the fans.

Does anyone find fault with the players effort today? I don't. They fought hard and competed. As Howard often said..."we played like dogs today...but they are my dogs" and I love um.

Cards must go back and practice harder to get better and come back next game to compete even harder to win. No quit in this team.

I hope the fan base shows some fortitude and does not give up on them. Still 6 games to go. All can be won save one IMO or lost. Just don't give up.

Cards could still be stuck at FG Stadium and in CUSA or the AAC or worse if not for our great fanbase. Back then... a game like today would give much reason for HOPE....and fans would show up just to tailgate, socialize and support the team with their presence if nothing else. Winning will come. Just don't quit on the team.

Go Cards!!!
Well said and good points. As a fan, I will say that the Gameday experience feels very minor league. The parking situation in the Purple Lot sucks - they want you to pull through to park so your tailgate is in the middle right up against the following vehicles hood. The ticket scan machines don’t work well. The band looks like it has contracted. Part of the halftime entertainment was babies crawling from the 10 yard line. The crowd size is not good and the crowd had no impact on the game. Our coach puckers up with the lead and does the dreaded “playing not to lose”. And I’ll honest, UK looking like they legitimately could go 11-1 is only adding to the malaise. Add it all up and things are not well.

I said it on Twitter and I'll say it here. This loss is all on Satterfield (and staff). Once we got up big Satterfield took his foot off of the gas on offense and we played more of that horrible 3 man front on defense. This isn't the first time we've seen this. This has been going on since he has been here. The players played hard and well. But we are not good enough to take our foot off of the gas and rely on our defense.

Strong was able to do it, but he had the horses to do it. Satterfield doesn't have the talent to play the kind of ball. He has to keep his foot on the gas and score every time we can. I was hoping Satterfield would have learned that lesson by year 3. He hasn't. Just like our recruiting. I was hoping he would start to get higher rated players the longer he was here. He hasn't. Something has to give.

I heard on the radio this morning that the roster has 70 freshman. I didn't know that was even possible. I see W's vs BC, Syracuse, & Duke. I'd love to sneak a win in there over NCST, Clemson, or UK - but I don't think that's possible TBH based on what I'm seeing on the field. 6-6 with a young team, something to build on for next year. FARRRRRR'n the coach after 3 years, 1 of which he was ACC COY and 1 of which I'm tossing out b/c of COVID - firing this man is just crazy UNLESS you have a slam-dunk hire already lined up behind the scenes.

This is the second thread that mentions COVID being a factor last year with SS. I did not know that Louisville was the only power 5 school that Covid effected. Or maybe some schools and coaches dealt with it better.

Keep in mind that a lot of these guys got a free year due to Covid, so they are really Sophs experience wise listed as Frosh.

This is the second thread that mentions COVID being a factor last year with SS. I did not know that Louisville was the only power 5 school that Covid effected. Or maybe some schools and coaches dealt with it better.
We probably started and stopped because of covid more than any other P-5 school plus we were young both in talent and coaching. Remember Satterfield is new to P-5 coaching as well. He's still learning on the job..

You can't ignore the social unrest in the city over Brianna Taylor last year either.

OK - Covid affected everyone but it didn't affect everyone the same. There are so many variables, not only your own program (and everyone they come in contact with) but the programs of your opponents (and everyone they come in contact with). This is also seen in our personal lives as some families are hit hard and others not hit at all. Therefore luck from an off-the-field thing plays a big role and if you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Same with the basketball team - didn't they have 3 large pauses, two of which were 3 weeks long? Hell, my son is playing little league fall baseball and they're affected by games suddenly canceling because of this. Not that it should matter but in 2020/2021 apparently it does - I'm a political conservative and not some "corona-bro" that thinks we all should hide in our houses until the cases are zero, but I'm not ignoring reality either.

Reactions: luv2hit63
OK - Covid affected everyone but it didn't affect everyone the same. There are so many variables, not only your own program (and everyone they come in contact with) but the programs of your opponents (and everyone they come in contact with). This is also seen in our personal lives as some families are hit hard and others not hit at all. Therefore luck from an off-the-field thing plays a big role and if you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Same with the basketball team - didn't they have 3 large pauses, two of which were 3 weeks long? Hell, my son is playing little league fall baseball and they're affected by games suddenly canceling because of this. Not that it should matter but in 2020/2021 apparently it does - I'm a political conservative and not some "corona-bro" that thinks we all should hide in our houses until the cases are zero, but I'm not ignoring reality either.
You’re blessed to live in WV. BTW, our week in Greenbrier WV and surrounding areas was fantastic. I could actually breathe, then returned to dirty air Ville and the sinuses went crazy again. Man, mountain air is heaven. If anyone hadn’t been to that part of WV, check it out! We are planning a return next year.

You’re blessed to live in WV. BTW, our week in Greenbrier WV and surrounding areas was fantastic. I could actually breathe, then returned to dirty air Ville and the sinuses went crazy again. Man, mountain air is heaven. If anyone hadn’t been to that part of WV, check it out! We are planning a return next year.

It is amazing in that part of the state. Coming from the West, once you get past Charleston it really is almost heaven.

Check out Cooper's Rock State Park:

Cooper's Rock State Forest

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT