ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL A couple of quick things

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
Thanks to everyone who stopped by BA Colonial last night. It was great meeting @Smithereen and several other members. That was my first time interacting with Ronnie Harris and his family. They’re all in on Coach Kelsey and are huge supporters, the type of people you want your HC to have a genuine relationship with. Boosters if you want to use that term.

Speaking of boosters, the response has been incredible. The scene at Volare last night was one to behold, from what was passed along to me. A couple very big donors welcomed Coach Kelsey and his entire family.

Coach Kelsey is continuing to build those connections out with boosters/donors and is taking any phone number and reaching out to anyone he is told to. He’s not shying away from that part of the job, he’s running towards it.

Along those lines, as best as I know, 502Circle is going to release an announcement in the next few days that will show just how much momentum is behind the NIL effort to get this program back and back right away. It’ll raise some eyebrows (in a good way.)

As far as ticket sales, I texted a contact in the department who said “The past 24 hours were one of the best MBB sales day ever.”

Which leads me to this, I’ve been blown away by this fanbase the last week. I thought it would be extremely difficult to wake people up, and get things back from being dormant. Between the Spaces on Twitter, my personal cell phone, and just general interactions across the board. Y’all are awake.

I’ll have some more recruiting nuggets to pass along when I can. As I mentioned in a previous update, I expect 2-3 from CofC to join Kelsey here. Same with his staff, although there will be a couple that are external hires. Brian Kloman, Thomas Carr, and Eli Foy are three staffers I expect to come here immediately.

As far as current players, I wouldn’t hold your breath. Obviously these situations are very fluid, but PK operates entirely differently from KP. And it’s going to be up to the new staff and returning players to determine if they fit and if they’re going to be willing to be held to a different set of expectations.

I’d keep an eye on Jacob Meyer from Coastal Carolina as one just to wet your whistle.

Also, I’ll be out at the open football practice today. If you see me, say hello.

I’ll do a post about football practice, and will get a couple more basketball items up tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News