ADVERTISEMENT

93.9 The Ville

Jun 10, 2005
WTF was their post game show? Ennis dropping F bombs. I try to listen to that station but it’s so “fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants” sh*tshow. Such low production quality, constant commercials playing over commercials, etc. Then you have Diener, the paid to be a Louisville fan, and his producer “Process” guy? Dude, sounds like he always has a mouth full of food when he talks.

Maybin & Co is the only saving grace….

WTF was their post game show? Ennis dropping F bombs. I try to listen to that station but it’s so “fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants” sh*tshow. Such low production quality, constant commercials playing over commercials, etc. Then you have Diener, the paid to be a Louisville fan, and his producer “Process” guy? Dude, sounds like he always has a mouth full of food when he talks.

Maybin & Co is the only saving grace….
Yeah it was a joke. Got the post game interview late. Then once they got it for about a minute they played commercials all over it. The paid UofL fan is suppose to be the boss I think he needs to go.

I agree with the above comments and I will add mine. I was listening Saturday morning and the two that were commenting were the worst that I have heard. Long negative blurbs about the football team and coaches. It was embarrassing to listen, especially since this is supposed to be a U of L sports station. They offer no professionalism in their comments with little documented information to support their "opinions". I turned them off. Sponsors should be happy to hear an avid listener give them this type of feedback.

I agree with the above comments and I will add mine. I was listening Saturday morning and the two that were commenting were the worst that I have heard. Long negative blurbs about the football team and coaches. It was embarrassing to listen, especially since this is supposed to be a U of L sports station. They offer no professionalism in their comments with little documented information to support their "opinions". I turned them off. Sponsors should be happy to hear an avid listener give them this type of feedback.
Yell they have alot of negative U of L takes from their host. SMH outside of Maybin ,Rummage and Blankenbaker whom are the only consistent U of L guys.

One of the worst is that Ethan Moore LSL on Wed nites he is so negative. And does post game shows also.

Other than when the baseball Cards are playing, I rarely listen to 93.9. I do recall when Mark started out. He was then just a super fan who regularly posted here. He got a break being a call in guest on a show I can't remember. Maybe Diener. Anyway, his radio career blossomed. I think Mark has trouble "reading the room" sometimes, but he's got the gift of gab, which, you know, is important for being on the radio.

I don't listen to it, but they like drumming up confrontation and contraversy. They do hot takes. Seems like you all just want propaganda?

Other than when the baseball Cards are playing, I rarely listen to 93.9. I do recall when Mark started out. He was then just a super fan who regularly posted here. He got a break being a call in guest on a show I can't remember. Maybe Diener. Anyway, his radio career blossomed. I think Mark has trouble "reading the room" sometimes, but he's got the gift of gab, which, you know, is important for being on the radio.
That reading the the room on Mark is spot on.With him he is like Rummage in a way too high and low at times.

I don't listen to it, but they like drumming up confrontation and controversy. They do hot takes. Seems like you all just want propaganda?
No, I do not want propaganda. I do like to hears news about what is going on with the athletic department and the teams. Recruiting is always important. Emotional foul mouth bursts that have no basis of value should not be part of the program .

Reactions: KozmasAgain
When I tune in, they are usually talking about anything but sports. The audio quality sounds like they are using a tin can with a string attached to it, pulled tight across Louisville to Morgantown to my cellphone. I have a couple of buddies who do a podcast about movies & stuff - they bought some modest equipment & do their podcast in a basement and it sounds far better produced than this low-rent 93.9 sound. I agree that Maybin's show is much better in all areas and shouldn't be compared to the rest of the 93.9 programming.

It's real easy guys....quit giving these folks a listen/rating. When you listen you are feeding the beast. Quite frankly, it then carries to other places, like here. No, I'm not talking all sunshine pumpers crap needed here either. There's a difference. Hate comes from the blue side always.

I can picture this “Process” guy eating cold ravioli out of a can while doing his show. Stains on his Winger t-shirt. Dude, swallow your food before you talk..

Reactions: KozmasAgain
The whole local ESPN crew is a cluster fork. I like Maybin and Rummage OK and I like Blankenbaker. The rest come off as armatures with a platform that they don’t know how to use. Diener has little man’s syndrome who seems to think he is always the smartest guy in the room. They also let the producers get way too involved. God bless Bob Valvano and his fight with cancer but both Valvanoes need to go. Neither seem to have any real interest in talking sports (but toys, board games, candy and bobble heads are fair game). Nick V. will derail any discussion about sports and seems to love dead air. This is what happens when there is a competition void in the local radio market.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT